Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Franklin Simpson (4A State Championship) 12/4
Thoughts?
Johnson Central beat Wayne County 51-0 in the semis.
Franklin Simpson beat John Hardin 27-7 in the semis.
According to the KHSAA main twitter account....

The time and dates ARE NOT official.
They will be made official after the WKU vs. Marshall game.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Something will have to give! Franklin Simpson only gave up 109 yards total offense against John Hardin. Johnson Central destroyed Wayne County. Both have huge physical linemen. Both have great skill players. I think this will be the nest game next week. Should be a great crowd for this one. Franklin Simpson is only 10 miles from Bowling Green and JC is looking for their 1st championship. They will come in groves.
Last year in the state championship game vs. South Warren... SW's team speed was incredibly faster than JC's. It seemed like speed advantage was in favor of SW at every position.

This year, JC has improved their overall team speed and developed a serious passing attack to go along with their usual rushing onslaught. Playing teams like Capital, WV., Lexington Catholic, South Charleston, WV. & Belfry have gave JC a 'measuring stick' of where they are and what they need to work on.

Now let's hope the championship games don't get adjusted.
Eagles rolls through fs! Period!

4a state champs!
Johnson Central is a runaway freight train! Nothing gonna stop em! :truestory:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Johnson Central and Franklin-Simpson have never played a varsity football contest.

The state championship game will be the first varsity contest between these teams.
I think this could be a good one, but I'm leaning Johnson Central to get their first championship.
Jc 27-24
Franklin Simpson
I think Class A comes to Hazard, Class 3 A to Belfry and JC takes 4A. The mountains will win 50% of all 6 classes.
Johnson Central by 7. Eagles and coaching staff learned a lot having been there last year.
JC in a big way. Go Eagles
Think the Eagles do it

Not going to be easy though
mysonis55 Wrote:Franklin Simpson

:hilarious: keep clutching on to your West Teams chances!! Their slowly being taken away!

3 titles to the East
2 STAY HOME in the MOUNTAINS! :1::1:
1 4A Soon to be in the relocated East as well! JCHS :1:
28-21 eagles on top! JC scores in the last few minutes to win it.
E's Army Wrote:Johnson Central by 7. Eagles and coaching staff learned a lot having been there last year.

Head Coach Doug Preston has played for a state championship a few times as a coach. He took Bullitt East to the carpet and has been to the finals with Danville as an assistant coach. He will have his team prepared. Plus playing in Bowling Green is "home-field" advantage for the Wildcats. Franklin Simpson beat South Warren twice who returned a quite a few starters from their state championship team last season. THIS GAME WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE WAR. :flame:
I'll be shocked if this isn't a battle. FS game with John was for a half, even 3 quarters. Both teams had some breaks go against them that could have changed the tides in John pulling it off or FS winning by more. Physical game with FS clearly winning in that department as the game wore on and ended.

FS has some grown men up front. IF JC is that much better, then they are a freak show up there.

7-0 JH end of 1
7-7 half
14-7 FS 3rd
27-7 final

Looking forward to this one.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Last year in the state championship game vs. South Warren... SW's team speed was incredibly faster than JC's. It seemed like speed advantage was in favor of SW at every position.

This year, JC has improved their overall team speed and developed a serious passing attack to go along with their usual rushing onslaught. Playing teams like Capital, WV., Lexington Catholic, South Charleston, WV. & Belfry have gave JC a 'measuring stick' of where they are and what they need to work on.

Now let's hope the championship games don't get adjusted.
Serious passing attack? I think JC wins the championship but passing has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's easy to complete passes when you are up 50 for most of the season. I have watched almost every snap of JC football this season and I haven't seen one meaningful pass completion.
jim rome Wrote:Serious passing attack? I think JC wins the championship but passing has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's easy to complete passes when you are up 50 for most of the season. I have watched almost every snap of JC football this season and I haven't seen one meaningful pass completion.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can see it....... :eyeroll: :igiveup:
Accidentally posted this is the Wayne Co. thread. Rough morning.

I think Johnson Central rolls in this one. Too physical up front and too much speed. Eagles win their first team state championship in school history.

Johnson Central 35
Franklin Simpson 7
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I'll be shocked if this isn't a battle. FS game with John was for a half, even 3 quarters. Both teams had some breaks go against them that could have changed the tides in John pulling it off or FS winning by more. Physical game with FS clearly winning in that department as the game wore on and ended.

FS has some grown men up front. IF JC is that much better, then they are a freak show up there.

7-0 JH end of 1
7-7 half
14-7 FS 3rd
27-7 final

Looking forward to this one.

JC is big, strong, and fast. This year's version of JC football would kick last year's version's butt. If Franklin likes to play physical, then they are in for a treat, they are getting ready to play a team that loves to hit.
Franklin Simpson has a very good football team. I like them by a touchdown!
KHSAA Rescheduled:
4A State Championship Game
12/4 @ 3:45pm
That's 3:45PM CST.

4:45PM Johnsonville time.
JC 34
FS 14
How many games will be played on Sunday!!
I think this one could go either way but I'll take the local team Johnson Central 28-21.
We at Johnson Central know this game will be a war. I find it odd that our Paintsville brethren are picking this game to be a blow out. What gives Tiger fans? This game will be a fight to the end.
I'm taking JC by two touchdowns 28-14. Go get your first title guys!