Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Corbin 17
Corbin played the game of their lives for three quarters. We left a couple touchdowns off the board though. We should've been up 31-7 going into the 4th quarter. Hats off to Belfry for taking control the way they did after the bad snap. Our kids began to force things and it just snowballed. This game was MUCH closer than the scoreboard indicated. Congrats to Belfry, we'll see y'all next year. Go win another one for the mountains!
Great game by both teams. Corbin showed they were in this game to win it, but belfry was just too big and wore them down. Belfry came back and played like the champions they are.
Congrats to Belfry and even more so to my favorite coach Justin Haddix. You almost had them my friend. Next year will be different. Go hounds!
mrfootball03 Wrote:Ohhh Corbin.. you almost had it LOL

]

Sorry.. LOL Had to.

LMAO!! You gotta be quicker than that Corbin!:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Why the hell would anyone say Corbin is favored next year. Have you seen what we have coming back. 3 offensive linemen that have seen playing time and are all studs. A stable full of other quality linemen that's will get their shot. Talented backs and a QB that is more than able to get it done.
Let's talk defense now. Both linebackers back, a starting defensive end and one that has started a few games. Both corners and 2 safeties that have started at different times. A great nose guard and several more defensive linemen.
64SUR Wrote:Congrats Belfry TongueirateSho I been pretty quite on the predictions thread because of the Respect I have for belfry football......Now go to bowling green and bring back The State Championship to the mountains I so loved :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: And thank you Corbin Redhounds I'm so proud of you guys this was my state championship game tonight. :Cheerlead

Much love for ya '64!
Until a 3A team beats Belfry ain't no change in the ranking, cause we learned tonight Corbin can't play 4 quarters
To big, too strong, too fast. The redhounds played out of their minds good early but Belfry was just better. Congrats To both teams.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Belfry is on another level than everybody else in 3A. Corbin had the perfect game plan but Belfry just wore them down with their bigs
Congrats Belfry no doubt from JC fans on your win. Just wish we would have played on the same day for state!!!!
I love both these teams but to the foolish belfry fan or two. The hounds are coming for you my friend. The true respectful belfry fans know that Haddix almost had you tonight and next year will be like Russia vs the US.
Congrats Belfry. Corbin had the game plan but just not the horses. My prediction looked really good until the wheels fell off. Lol. Thanks to the Corbin seniors on 4 great years. We will be back. Go get number 4 in a row Belfry. On a side note I was wrong. When #23 wants to stop a defense he just DOES along with #44. And #61 is a bear and has the opportunity to play on Sundays. And where the hell did #28 come from. Absolutely overlooked him in game films. Again congrats. I was wrong.
Redonthehound Wrote:Congrats Belfry. Corbin had the game plan but just not the horses. My prediction looked really good until the wheels fell off. Lol. Thanks to the Corbin seniors on 4 great years. We will be back. Go get number 4 in a row Belfry. On a side note I was wrong. When #23 wants to stop a defense he just DOES along with #44. And #61 is a bear and has the opportunity to play on Sundays. And where the hell did #28 come from. Absolutely overlooked him in game films. Again congrats. I was wrong.

#23 is the best Defensive Player in Kentucky and I will debate anyone who thinks otherwise. Kentucky or Louisville needs to wake the hell up and realize just because he is an inch or two shorter than what "a D1 player should be" doesn't mean he won't be a superstar in college.

Obviously Bentley #44 is the real deal and Dotson is the one recruit UK got right. Had Austin wanted to play the recruiting game he would have numerous schools salivating over him.

As for #28, that's Taveon Hunter and it's easy to miss him on field because Belfry just spreads the love so much and with so many blowouts he just hasn't had a ton of touches. When Belfry played Knoxville Catholic he exploded for an 80+ yard Touchdown but it was called back, and he was the guy who returned the big kickoff return that helped beat JC. Kid has made some mental mistakes this year but has been very clutch when Belfry needed a big play and tonight he was the spark plug. Home run ability and if he puts in the effort like he did this past off season he will be one of the best backs in EKY and Class 3A next year.

Corbin had a fantastic team.. see where that confidence came from. They came to fight!
Back home and having me a few RED Adult beverages! What a game it was! One of the best Semi-Final games I've been to in a while! Ready for the trip Back to Bowling Green!!

#BeastsOfTheEastIsBack #WeAreBelfry
Redonthehound Wrote:Congrats Belfry. Corbin had the game plan but just not the horses. My prediction looked really good until the wheels fell off. Lol. Thanks to the Corbin seniors on 4 great years. We will be back. Go get number 4 in a row Belfry. On a side note I was wrong. When #23 wants to stop a defense he just DOES along with #44. And #61 is a bear and has the opportunity to play on Sundays. And where the hell did #28 come from. Absolutely overlooked him in game films. Again congrats. I was wrong.

Good post redhound. #28 has been doing his thing all year. Unfortunately for you guys this was his coming out party. Only a Junior, you will get another taste of him next year. What a great team you guys have, unbelievable talent! Size and conditioning was the difference, I think somene from Corbin said it would be, and they were right. It wasnt just the popular numbers that took over it was a complete team effort. Once this team starts clicking it's hard to hang. You just got beat by on of the top 5 teams in the state, nothing to hang your heads about. Even though you truly believed it would happen and almost did, reality set in and you redhounds just couldn't withstand the onslaught! This just in! Pads to be turned in monday!
Hound05 Wrote:First quarter Hounds 10 belfry the big goose egg!!!!! Maybe that arrogance will be silent now!! By the way 44 and 23 are soft. Not calling a kid out but from everything they were built up to be? Our little ole line is holding them pretty good!

From the update thread...

Since you called them out..how did that work out for ya? Fairly sure Horton chased Sizemore home following the game.
^^^ 😂😂😂
Congrats belfry. Already had 55 tickets ordered to go watch belfry play in the state championship game. I haven't saw a post from a Corbin fan yet I think they all lost faith lol
Paparazzi Wrote:I love both these teams but to the foolish belfry fan or two. The hounds are coming for you my friend. The true respectful belfry fans know that Haddix almost had you tonight and next year will be like Russia vs the US.

42-17 sounds like they almost had them looks like to me from the score they never was close to having anything but just another game they had no chance in
big dawg, small yard Wrote:42-17 sounds like they almost had them looks like to me from the score they never was close to having anything but just another game they had no chance in

The final score does not nearly reflect this game! If not for a botched snap, Corbin heads into the 4th up 24-7-- belfry took the momentum and turned on the jets at that point!
big dawg, small yard Wrote:42-17 sounds like they almost had them looks like to me from the score they never was close to having anything but just another game they had no chance in

And here's a post from someone who didn't watch the game and puts their unintelligent two cents in. Always a few bad spots that spoil the bunch.
If "if's and but's were candy and nut's we'd all have a Merry Christmas"!
Haddix great young coach.... game plan...great...find the seams....run the big QB...fake enough to open up just enough room downfield...that's the good...
Use a timeout and come with that play on 4th and goal?... my gosh line up and give it to Sizemore!!!! Belfry hadn't stopped him for less than 3 or 4 all night...shift 3 backs and the QB then botch the snap?? Too much thinking...you score there and a good chance it's over... you win...Belfry didn't get much in good fortune early, but that was a gift and we took it.
Hats off to the Pirates and the Hounds. Great entertaining game...great crowd and atmosphere... props on the prayer and anthem first class...All the fuss about parking and I literally parked 10 feet from the visiting ticket gate...Great hosts!!!
Belfry got beat for 2 1/2 quarters. We got beat on offense and defense. Haddix did a great job adjusting to our no huddle offense. I wish we would line up and dominate ppl up front with our O-line.
I too think Corbin will be the team to beat next year, but I don't see Belfry rolling over and just giving it to them.
Late in the 3rd, 17-7, Belfry goes to the huddle for one of the first times all year and the wheels fall completely off for Corbin. Underrated adjustment that changed the game especially after the big MO came back in our favor on the botched snap. Then the defense did what great defenses do and the rest is history.
64SUR Wrote:Congrats Belfry TongueirateSho I been pretty quite on the predictions thread because of the Respect I have for belfry football......Now go to bowling green and bring back The State Championship to the mountains I so loved :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: And thank you Corbin Redhounds I'm so proud of you guys this was my state championship game tonight. :Cheerlead

These Red Hounds played there hearts out and left it all on the field great season nice place
Sounded like Corbin put up a man sized fight for most of the game.