Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Corbin 17
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am giving him a week to lick his wounds and don't want to rub anything in

I will give him his avatar of shame after the Finals so he can rock it until kickoff next year

That pirate will delete his account Confusednicker:
Congrats Pirates... you guys made the changes nessecary to get it goin on offense. Corbin stopped the Dive, Pitch, and the Qb. Just couldn't stop the counter. Great game plan by the coaches.

It's sad the touchdown had to be called back. Especially since there was no foul. But hey, that's the breaks of the game. As a coach and player you have to be able to handle success and failure, our boys let up. Belfry stayed the course, didn't get down and made a great comeback.
What's even sadder is the admins on this board. Some have stirred the pot, called the kettle black, then start to threaten that they are gonna drop the hammer. They made their brags they can do what they want, and members jus need to get over it. This is a public forum, as long as it's not threatening anyone, as long as it's legal in public, then you need to stay out of the kitchen if you can't handle it.
Again, congrats Belfry. You were the better team for 2 quarters, the 2 that mattered. You handled your success, handled your failures better. That's why there was a huge momentum swing in the game. Hopefully our team can build from this, learn from this, and make it past the Mountain of a game next year in week 4 of the playoffs. Should be a write in for next year too with no injuries! On paper, Corbin returns more. But you can throw the paper away when the whistle blows.
It's plainly visible on the tape. Left tackle #77 pulls around and is 4 or 5 yards down field.
HighViz Wrote:Again, congrats Belfry. You were the better team for 2 quarters, the 2 that mattered. You handled your success, handled your failures better. That's why there was a huge momentum swing in the game. Hopefully our team can build from this, learn from this, and make it past the Mountain of a game next year in week 4 of the playoffs. Should be a write in for next year too with no injuries! On paper, Corbin returns more. But you can throw the paper away when the whistle blows.

Great foundation for Corbin for sure and Sizmore may be a dark horse candidate for Mr. Football next year. Corbin was 58/42 Pass to run this year... I anticipate they will probably be 65/35 passing next year and Sizemore's numbers will rise. I think you will see Corbin resemble those old Breathitt Offenses when Haddix was pulling the trigger and doing a lot of scrambling.

Really like that Estep kid and think he has a breakout season next year with Moore gone.

Something that stood out after watching the replay and seeing how last season panned out:

One thing that Corbin will have to work on to compete with Belfry is improving their overall speed in the Secondary on Defense. Corbin is a quick team, but between X Willis last year and Taveon Hunter this year Belfry has really hurt the Hounds just by simply turning the corner.

Hunter simply outran Corbin to the edge on two of those runs and even with a Hound defender having an angle he just couldn't close the gap to get to him. It was a very similar sight in 2015 with Willis and a specific one of those runs sealed the game in the 2nd Half that I remember.
Hearing rumors of Haddix moving on, any truth?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Great foundation for Corbin for sure and Sizmore may be a dark horse candidate for Mr. Football next year. Corbin was 58/42 Pass to run this year... I anticipate they will probably be 65/35 passing next year and Sizemore's numbers will rise. I think you will see Corbin resemble those old Breathitt Offenses when Haddix was pulling the trigger and doing a lot of scrambling.

Really like that Estep kid and think he has a breakout season next year with Moore gone.

Something that stood out after watching the replay and seeing how last season panned out:

One thing that Corbin will have to work on to compete with Belfry is improving their overall speed in the Secondary on Defense. Corbin is a quick team, but between X Willis last year and Taveon Hunter this year Belfry has really hurt the Hounds just by simply turning the corner.

Hunter simply outran Corbin to the edge on two of those runs and even with a Hound defender having an angle he just couldn't close the gap to get to him. It was a very similar sight in 2015 with Willis and a specific one of those runs sealed the game in the 2nd Half that I remember.

We had the box filled up! We stopped the dive, we stopped the Qb, we stopped the pitch. We jus didn't stop the counter. When you are focused on the three straight forward plays the counter to the backside off tackle can really take you out. But yea, we needed a homerun speed guy to stop the long runs or cut him off of the edge.
I think we will be ok at the WR position with Moore gone. #11 will fill that gap at the go-to, #5 and #12 will be our big play makers next year. Sizemore could stand to lose a lil weight this offseason and it will all be on his shoulders. I'm guessing that what our offense looked like against Belfry will be what it looks like next year as well.
Losing #42, #25, #13 will be key on defense. However, we should have 2 of the best outside linebackers in EKY returning. Think they are #17-#81.

I think Corbin will be better in '17 than they were in '16. Maybe hiccup in '18 with losing the QB. but the future looks bright, kids are coming along and loving, buying into the coaching. That's the way it's supposed to be. When your program starts reloading and not rebuilding you are doing something right.
HighViz Wrote:We had the box filled up! We stopped the dive, we stopped the Qb, we stopped the pitch. We jus didn't stop the counter. When you are focused on the three straight forward plays the counter to the backside off tackle can really take you out. But yea, we needed a homerun speed guy to stop the long runs or cut him off of the edge.
I think we will be ok at the WR position with Moore gone. #11 will fill that gap at the go-to, #5 and #12 will be our big play makers next year. Sizemore could stand to lose a lil weight this offseason and it will all be on his shoulders. I'm guessing that what our offense looked like against Belfry will be what it looks like next year as well.
Losing #42, #25, #13 will be key on defense. However, we should have 2 of the best outside linebackers in EKY returning. Think they are #17-#81.

I think Corbin will be better in '17 than they were in '16. Maybe hiccup in '18 with losing the QB. but the future looks bright, kids are coming along and loving, buying into the coaching. That's the way it's supposed to be. When your program starts reloading and not rebuilding you are doing something right.

FWIW,

Two of the TD's came on the pitch on a nice variation of the option Haywood used.

I truly expect next year to be a dog fight again and the gap to close a little more. Belfry loses some game breakers for sure but they are going to be at a Championship level once more. I think next year's Belfry team will be similar to the 2013 Championship team or the 2012 Runner-Up. Probably better than 2011 Runner-Up and much better than 2010. Yet not to the level of these past two teams.

This current Belfry Freshman Class is going to be special.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hearing rumors of Haddix moving on, any truth?

I will admit I wasn't a fan of Haddix when he first came. Guess I was just afraid of the new! New Offense, new assistants, new defense. I sure hope he doesn't leave now! I like the way the community, team, staff are directed! I think the Administration should do whatever it takes to keep him if that is the case. I sure have flipped sides from the beginning LOL! I'm on The team Haddix bandwagon!
Congrats belfry! was following along all night and was worried for a bit.
Agree on the illegal man downfield call. It's clear that #77 had gotten too far beyond line of scrimmage.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Agree on the illegal man downfield call. It's clear that #77 had gotten too far beyond line of scrimmage.

The penalty was on #50. The line of scrimmage was the 43 he got flagged for being on the 41. #77 was also on the 41 but laying on the ground. Either way it was a judgement call.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The penalty was on #50. The line of scrimmage was the 43 he got flagged for being on the 41. #77 was also on the 41 but laying on the ground. Either way it was a judgement call.

The right tackle, backside of the play, was nearly 5 yards downfield. Two others were close. It was a good call but I sure didn't see it as it happened in real time, and Belfry was fortunate that it was caught.

Much respect to Corbin, they were definitely much more up to par this year compared to last. The score definitely wasn't indicative of how much Corbin actually controlled this game. Corbin won nearly 3 quarters of the game and then the wheels completely came off. I don't know that I've ever seen the tide turn so quickly in any game, and definitely not in a game in which the victor isn't necessarily known as a quick strike offense. Count me among the many Belfry fans that really couldn't believe how it all shook out. I expected us to win, but definitely not in this fashion. I still can't believe it happened the way it did, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I felt bad for the Redhounds. I got over it really quick, I want this Belfry class to play game #15 and be champs again,but it has to be tough as a Corbin player/coach/fan to lose one that way.
I was wondering why the official(head linesman I believe) on the sideline on the belfry side of the field made the call when the pass was down his sideline. It only took 3 or 4 seconds for the pass to be thrown, so unless no one was in front of him to block, I'm not sure how he could have gotten far enough down the field for it to be noticed. That is not the area the head linesman should be watching is it? It really doesn't matter at this point, just curious.
Next bring on Central. So with the score how it ended Corbin was 3-4 points better this year than last. But if Belfry goes ahead and scores instead of taking a have mercy mercy mercy knee then Corbin was actually worse by 3-4 points. Anyways, you enjoy being at the house this weekend puppies. Might see you at Pond Creek next year if you make it that far.
proud44pirate Wrote:Next bring on Central. So with the score how it ended Corbin was 3-4 points better this year than last. But if Belfry goes ahead and scores instead of taking a have mercy mercy mercy knee then Corbin was actually worse by 3-4 points. Anyways, you enjoy being at the house this weekend puppies. Might see you at Pond Creek next year if you make it that far.

I'm sure all of the classy belfry fans are real proud of having you as a fan.
The Outsider Wrote:I'm sure all of the classy belfry fans are real proud of having you as a fan.

He isn't a Belfry fan. He is a daddy baller. As soon as his kids graduate, he'll never be heard from again.
Ok, back to name calling and insults. Thread closed.