Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07 Dunk Contest
Tyrus Thomas - Chicago Bulls
Gerald Green - Boston Celtics
Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic
Nate Robinson - New York Knicks

I believe Dwight Howard will win hes got good size and some experience and some skillz that killz.
I would love to see Nate defend his title, he put on a great performance last season. But theres some tough competition this season.
Just don't have the flash as in the old days.
Did he you hear the comments Tyrus Thomas made? He was fined $10,000.

When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be
beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free
money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sect...id=2756528
OffTheHook Wrote:Just don't have the flash as in the old days.

Very true, wish they could get VC back in it, he put on a show back in 2000.
The_Pistol Wrote:Did he you hear the comments Tyrus Thomas made? He was fined $10,000.

Wow, that made me lose alot of respect for him there, I will for sure not be for him, and I would rather be out there and be around the all-time greats rather than have the "free money". Pathetic of what he said.
I think dunking contest is just plain stupid.
Those are all great dunker's, but people want to see your superstars, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, ect. That's what people want, now all those guy's are in the crowd with video camera's, the appeal for a player to be in the Slam Dunk Competition is at an all time low. Maybe this year they should let the judge's dunk.
the only bad thing about the dunk contest is you have to be within ur first 3 years of play. love to see the allstars in it.
yea i wish they would make it available to everyone i mean i would love 2 see some of the big names in it again
Not like it used to be when you had MJ, Dominique Wilkins, Clyde Drexler, Spud Webb and so on. Those were the awesome Dunk Contest!
Man I would love to see Vince back in it
My favorite part of the dunk contest is that moment when you see a sick dunk then the players in the crowd jump to their feet with their cameras and congratulate him. Best example of this is after vince went between the legs then landed and did the its over taunt.
I wanna see these guys compete in a dunk contest:

Vince Carter
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Dawayne Wade
Vince would beat anybody in a dunk contest in any era. Including MJ, Dr J, David Thompson, Larry Nance, Kobe, LBJ & whoever.

I say G Green wins this one. He had some killer dunks in the hs dunk contest a year or 2 ago.

I just hope it's not like last year & the players get 50 tries to do a dunk aka Nate Robinson. I hope & know they will put on a show.

Should be Kobe, Vince, LeBron etc in this but I guess you gotta have sumin 4 the up & comers besides the sophmoe game.

A true ALL STAR dunk contest would look like this:

MJ
Dr J
Vinsanity
Dominique Wilkins
Brent Barry (Gotta throw the white boy in there who dunked it from the free throw line with his warm up top on!)

Also, I would like to see Cinci graduate James White (dunked from the free throw line & put it between his legs @ the same time in the college contest) in the contest. Maybe he is still in the NBDL.

Put Az in there to show his muscles & break the rim! hahaha
The_Pistol Wrote:Did he you hear the comments Tyrus Thomas made? He was fined $10,000.

i seen that what a loser he is. I hope he doesnt win so he will not offset the fine
[QUOTE=Woo Wee]Vince would beat anybody in a dunk contest in any era. Including MJ, Dr J, David Thompson, Larry Nance, Kobe, LBJ & whoever./QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that for sure. Dominique Wilkins was a beast! It would be exciting to watch for sure!
Yea I know I would much rather see the judges in this dunk contest than the people they have scheduled to compete. What's wrong with these all stars? why dont they want to compete and help put on a great show!
Tyrus Thomas-they kid can fly and hes got mad hops even if he did make some unnessasacy comments still cant take it away from him
if the guy from boston wins it will be the first thing they've one in a month
i would say nate robinson
I believe this years dunk contest will be like previous ones. They have really been decreasing the entertainment value of the dunk contest by not getting the great dunkers of the NBA.
the dunk competition has lost it's flash it has turned in to a way for a young guy to get reconition like josh smith and nate robinson from the past couple year i think Tyrus Thomas can be that guy this year but i don't know anything about Gerald Green.
Gerald Green is my favorite to win. Most people don't know a lot about him but he can really throw it down. The dunk contest is definitely not what it used to be but this one should be decent to watch. I remember looking forward to All-Star Weeked throughout the NBA season as a kid. The superstars just don't want to comptete in the events anymore.
Lawrence Wrote:Gerald Green is my favorite to win. Most people don't know a lot about him but he can really throw it down. The dunk contest is definitely not what it used to be but this one should be decent to watch. I remember looking forward to All-Star Weeked throughout the NBA season as a kid. The superstars just don't want to comptete in the events anymore.

It really is a shame, can't even get the best to compete.