Poll: Who Wins It?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
53.66%
Hazard
46.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**
Hazard 28 Paintsville 15
swampdonkey Wrote:You have no idea how concerned I am with what you think

I'm sure your not concerned, but I bet the paintsville coaches are.
Hazard wins 24-21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland has been the only offensive line we've faced that has been a tough matchup and we got through it A LOT! It may take Paintsville a quarter to get used to the new matchup but then LIGHTS OUT! It's the year of the TIGER!!
LOVE everybody's passion on this thread!! It's a fun one to read.
Hazard's offensive line is not your average 1A line. They are massive. They are also well coached and are peaking right now. I believe Paintsville has the better defense but Hazard has the better offense.Both are good on both sides of the ball. Phelps and Smith are both beasts. Phelps is faster but Smith is bigger. They both run extremely hard.
Hazard_dad Wrote:Sounds like the same talk pikeville had.
No one from Pikeville was saying that. The other posters were all fans of other schools. I think maybe one Pikeville poster commented, and it was regarding the play of Blake Charles in response to someone else. Good luck to both teams.
PHSForever Wrote:No one from Pikeville was saying that. The other posters were all fans of other schools. I think maybe one Pikeville poster commented, and it was regarding the play of Blake Charles in response to someone else. Good luck to both teams.

Actually quite a few Pikeville post like that! Just sayin!
Paintsville wins this one by 3 TD's at minimum!
OffTheHook Wrote:Two games against Raceland.
7 touchdowns
4...via the pass..???

Against one of the worst defensive backfield's I've ever seen at Raceland.
Both teams better tighten their chin straps. They will both lay the wood to you.
This game should be a dandy. I'm not going to offer a prediction yet because I haven't seen enough of Hazard to decide one way or another, but this is the first time since 2008 these two have played if I'm not mistaken? Should be an intense environment, and Hazard is peaking at the right time. I expect a capacity crowd to be on hand and hope for a fantastic injury free game for both teams. I don't look for a blowout either way, but this will definitely be a hard-hitting football game.
Have some stats for 3 games for Hazard.

Hazard has rushed for 1,221 yard and 18 Touchdowns.
Cory Smith has 902 yards and 13 of those stats

Hazard has thrown for 364 yards and 4 touchdowns.
Hazard has only threw the ball 5 times the last two games.. But from 3 games they are 19/30.
I been predicting all year that Paintsville will win 1A.....Really didn't think hazard had a shot this year. But after watching them dismantled a pretty good Williamsburg team and defending state champ Pikeville has me thinking they can beat Paintsville. With that said I may eat some crow over this game. Good luck to both teams....:insane: I'm crazy. Confusederiously:

Paintsville 42
Hazard 35
Paintsville
Hazard
i want to say good luck to both teams on making it to the semi. but i think Hazard going back to BG. it is hard to come into Hazard and leave with a win. only 6 or 7 teams have done it the past 10 years.
cj2561 Wrote:i want to say good luck to both teams on making it to the semi. but i think Hazard going back to BG. it is hard to come into Hazard and leave with a win. only 6 or 7 teams have done it the past 10 years.

Gonna turn into 7 or 8 because Bulldogs get hammered at home this Friday! Doesn't matter where it is, Paintsville wins! 13-0! #1 Ranked Tigers! Dropped 1 game in 2 years! They're More than Ready!
This may be the biggest and best Oline Paintsville has faced this year, but this Tiger Dline will be the best Hazard has seen all year as well. I posted earlier that Smith reminds me if Daric Pugh, I stand by that statement. He's strong and has great balance, tough to bring down. We gotta wrap up, no arm tackling, and we gotta swarm to the ball. It's gonna be a battle on both sides of the ball. Expect a HUGE crowd. Atmosphere should be amazing. Good luck to both teams, hope for an injury free game.

Paintsville in a close one.
Redneck Wrote:This may be the biggest and best Oline Paintsville has faced this year, but this Tiger Dline will be the best Hazard has seen all year as well. I posted earlier that Smith reminds me if Daric Pugh, I stand by that statement. He's strong and has great balance, tough to bring down. We gotta wrap up, no arm tackling, and we gotta swarm to the ball. It's gonna be a battle on both sides of the ball. Expect a HUGE crowd. Atmosphere should be amazing. Good luck to both teams, hope for an injury free game.

Paintsville in a close one.
Hazard has played some very talented defensive lines this year including letcher and somerset. I have no idea if paintsville's line is better or not, but that can attribute to hazard's lines readiness.
Bulldogsfan35 Wrote:Hazard has played some very talented defensive lines this year including letcher and somerset. I have no idea if paintsville's line is better or not, but that can attribute to hazard's lines readiness.

With Paintsville, it's not just the Dominant Defensive line you've got to worry about its the HARD hitting Defensive Backs as well! Their WRECKLESS! JWP is the hardest pound for pound hitting Back in 1A! #22 is right there with him and they close in FAST!
28-21 Paintsville. It will be race to see which of the two star running backs can score the most. Line play should be more than epic also, but Paintsville is a force to be reckoned with and I believe this is their year. The winner of this game will be crowned champion in Bowling Green. Take it to the bank ladies and gentlemen!
I've been watching game film on both teams all day. This game should be a real doozy. It will be the team that keeps its head and makes the fewest mistakes. Hazard has not seen a team as well balanced, big,strong and fast as Paintsville all year. That includes Pikeville and Somerset. The Tigers have three offensive linemen over 300lbs that can move. Their defense plays lights out and is very hard hitting.
Tigers 24
Bulldogs 14
I never thought I would be saying this, but Hazard has taken it to another level in the playoffs and I think they have a very good chance to make it to BG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Atmosphere should be Eletric with how good Paintsville travels, especially only around an hour drive! Tigers in Playoffs, if u can't have the game at Paintsville we'll bring Paintsville to the game!
64, you should be a pro at crow eating by now.
How many kids go both ways on Paintsville?
bac2369 Wrote:How many kids go both ways on Paintsville?

Just a couple! We've been fortunate to be able get away from it a lot compared to previous Paintsville teams. Last year KP, Kash, Morris and some line played virtually every snap! That takes a toll especially in big games! Tyrese Allen pretty much only played D until the last hand full of games, he's started playing both sides when needed.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Not so fast my friend!! Lol!!

lol
Hazard_dad Wrote:I tell ya what I think, hazards size up front is going to put paintsville 5 yards back every play. They're big, strong, and I think come Friday they'll prove they want it more.

I think you are right.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next