Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 28 Owensboro Catholic 6
Trajon Bright 260+yards and 4 TD's. Announcers saying he broke Mayfield all time rushing record (unofficial) held by Jonathan Jackson. Some other interesting/controversial developments to come.........Hoping local news will have something.
Congrats to the Cards
Congrats Mayfield :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Cards continue to dominate the weak west.
WPSD had highlights and a nice interview with Coach Morris. Nothing was said of the ejection of a senior LB for a helmet to helmet hit??? Will wait for the Cardinal faithful to return from O'boro to fill us in on the details. I only caught the tail end from the radio announcers while listening. Anyway, congrats Cards on your 8th regional title in a row.
Radio announcers where less than impressed with the officiating tonight.
The helmet to helmet hit resulting in an ejection will most likely be reversed. I think these refs confused the college rules with KHSAA rules. It is not an ejection for a helmet to helmet hit in high school. 15 yards but no ejection. I think Franklin Simpson just had one of these reversed.

Trajon Bright did break the record tonight. He single handily had twice the offense that OC did.
Mayfield wins another mismatch.
Does anyone have the stats?? This one took the cake in the worst officiating iv ever seen!!! Awful.. i thought the score coulda been a lil different , more of a margin.... if it woulda been dry running clock woulda been the fourth qt... but credit to OC an the zebras for keeping it close for a half.. they did drive the ball an their running back was good....felt like we had a lot of bad tackles but it was wet out.. !.. im glad to hear that coach joe is appealing the targeting call... !
Per Paducah Sun Ocath had 124 total yards, it didn't give total for Mayfield but going by individual stats, Trajon Bright rushed for 261, Arnett threw for 96 yards, 15 yards rushing for Matthews, and 16 for Arnett, so 388 for Mayfield is what I came up with.
Thanks
after talking with one of the coaches after the game, Arnett claimed he hit the guy in the chest area then slid up to the helmet... even if it were in college, based on his assessment it wouldn't be targeting. I really hope you are right 55 about the rule being different in high school it would be nice to have him for the next game
My takeaways from the game:
-poor officiating (terrible for both OC and MF)
-good luck to anyone trying to reign in Trajon for 4 quarters
-MF's defense is....FAST (already knew that... they just flew around last night)
-Our coaching staff is head and shoulders above everyone else
I'm going to say that rule that I quoted is legit. I got it straight from Coach Dew. If he had a personal foul on the books in that game prior to that call, he could be ejected. If he didn't, which is the case, then he can't be ejected for that hit. I think the refs simply got confused between college and high school rules. I can understand that. It's hard to keep up with all the differences. I don't think they will make that mistake again.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm going to say that rule that I quoted is legit. I got it straight from Coach Dew. If he had a personal foul on the books in that game prior to that call, he could be ejected. If he didn't, which is the case, then he can't be ejected for that hit. I think the refs simply got confused between college and high school rules. I can understand that. It's hard to keep up with all the differences. I don't think they will make that mistake again.

I researched the rules for this year from the nfhs, actually a player can be disqualified for targeting above the shoulders if its deemed flagrant.
Yeah, I checked it too. I think it is purely judgement call. But, at that point you would have to think the ref would be looking for some malice or something to me. This looks just like the kid was trying to block. Even in college they have to watch video to be able to eject. I don't think the ref would have ejected him if he first watched the film. However, he dang sure wasn't going to reverse the call once he made it. He was afraid it might fracture his ego.