Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Belfry just way to much for any team in 3A. Corbin has wanted this one for a year, now they get it. There's a red storm rolling in and it only has one thing in mind. Seek and Destroy!
Belfry. 42
Corbin 13
Corbin has a great place to play. They have not had coal money dumped on them in recent years. They are also an independent system. The state for the last twenty years has made it their goal to close independents. They have been no funds allocated for things like football fields. Money has been dumped on county schools losing enrollment but the state thought it would be easier to manage schools if each county only had one school system. Screw the kids let's save a nickle.
Anyone know ticket prices and what time the gates open?
Tickets for playoffs are 7 bucks.
This isn't basketball Granny. This is a football thread. I know nothing about basketball. I will admit that Corbin folk maybe are arrogant at times. But by no means are nearly as bad as the Belfry peeps... oh, another thing Belfry Pride... please reread your post... especially the first and last sentence! I take it you and your posse are nothing but classy and respectful... tell another fool that, not me. Handing out Kleenex at the gate too. We can have a load shipped to pond creek right now if you choose, believe you poor lil babies need them now. Trash talkin goes both ways here in Corbin. Don't start, then expect everyone here to jus lay down and take it. : ))) Again, if you wanna complain and cry about the facility. WYMT will be carrying this one live. Stay on the couch in pond creek. Crossbones. I'll let you have my seat, I respect my elders, and the sickly. No matter if you wear a pirate jacket.
HighViz Wrote:This isn't basketball Granny. This is a football thread. I know nothing about basketball. I will admit that Corbin folk maybe are arrogant at times. But by no means are nearly as bad as the Belfry peeps... oh, another thing Belfry Pride... please reread your post... especially the first and last sentence! I take it you and your posse are nothing but classy and respectful... tell another fool that, not me. Handing out Kleenex at the gate too. We can have a load shipped to pond creek right now if you choose, believe you poor lil babies need them now. Trash talkin goes both ways here in Corbin. Don't start, then expect everyone here to jus lay down and take it. : ))) Again, if you wanna complain and cry about the facility. WYMT will be carrying this one live. Stay on the couch in pond creek. Crossbones. I'll let you have my seat, I respect my elders, and the sickly. No matter if you wear a pirate jacket.

Oh I know it isn't basketball HighViz, but it's the same fan base. I find it hilarious all the pots and kettles on this thread!!!

By the way, this thread is so entertaining to me. I have the advantage of knowing a lot of folks on both sides of the ball, so keep it up!!
HighViz Wrote:This isn't basketball Granny. This is a football thread. I know nothing about basketball. I will admit that Corbin folk maybe are arrogant at times. But by no means are nearly as bad as the Belfry peeps... oh, another thing Belfry Pride... please reread your post... especially the first and last sentence! I take it you and your posse are nothing but classy and respectful... tell another fool that, not me. Handing out Kleenex at the gate too. We can have a load shipped to pond creek right now if you choose, believe you poor lil babies need them now. Trash talkin goes both ways here in Corbin. Don't start, then expect everyone here to jus lay down and take it. : ))) Again, if you wanna complain and cry about the facility. WYMT will be carrying this one live. Stay on the couch in pond creek. Crossbones. I'll let you have my seat, I respect my elders, and the sickly. No matter if you wear a pirate jacket.

hahaha :thatsfunn

Again, it started with just a few simple questions and it blew up into this. No one needs kleenex and I will be there for this game. I am being very respectful and I expect the same from you. Have a Good Day!

Luke 6:31
Do to others as you would have them do to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mysonis55 Wrote:My poor boy from the east 64, needs this. I think it's a long shot but, I sure hope he has his moment of glory.

I will probably lose my seat after 3hrs to stand in the spirit line that alone will be my glory. The big glory will be when the final horn goes off and Corbin wins 42-41. Just hope belfry fans gives us room on the field, last year belfry spirit line was over a hundred yards long. I almost got hurt getting out of the TongueirateSho way.
64SUR, you are a breath of fresh air!!!
64 is one of a kind. Thank God!
Granny Bear Wrote:64SUR, you are a breath of fresh air!!!

Granny Bear free concert friday night :Guitar01:Big Grinrums02::Guitar01:also. The payback tour band and The Revenge band will also be making appearance Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02::Guitar01:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:
Planning to be there!

I'll buy you dinner!
I read most of this thread and I ask the Belfry folks to look at how many posts most of the "pot stirrers" from Corbin have made. They are just guys who have made accounts with no other goal than to stir up trouble. That being said they're have been some comments made about Campbell field. We Corbin faithful love our home field, and we tend to get defensive when people throw off on it. We have CHOSEN to keep our field the way it is. A very wealthy family in corbin offered to pay for a new turf playing surface to be put in about 8 years ago and it was turned down. We want to play on a natural surface. I live 300 yards from the football field and I can tell you first hand that there is no downpour over Campbell field. I think it was obvious that those comments were made in jest, but some fans really got angry over them so I figured I would clear that up. The last thing I will say is that it's not just Corbin who wants to have he region championship at the arena. It's EVERY other school in the region EXCEPT Harlan county. And when Harlan county is up to host the region it is held at Harlan county. I don't really understand the problem there. To the fans of Belfry, you will be treated with class and respect when you get here Friday. There will not be anyone parking empty cars to keep you from parking near the field. There is however very limited parking around the field, but you can park and walk a few hundred yards to get to the field. I wouldn't be surprised if busses are ran from depot street to the field too. It'll probably be 3-4 people deep around the fence, it will make for a GREAT atmosphere!!! Best of luck to the pirates but I hope we beat your tails. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I can wait to see what this thread looks like by Friday!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Planning to be there!

I'll buy you dinner!

:pondering: dinner!!
Sounds like we need to try for a 100 yard tunnel again this week...
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I read most of this thread and I ask the Belfry folks to look at how many posts most of the "pot stirrers" from Corbin have made. They are just guys who have made accounts with no other goal than to stir up trouble. That being said they're have been some comments made about Campbell field. We Corbin faithful love our home field, and we tend to get defensive when people throw off on it. We have CHOSEN to keep our field the way it is. A very wealthy family in corbin offered to pay for a new turf playing surface to be put in about 8 years ago and it was turned down. We want to play on a natural surface. I live 300 yards from the football field and I can tell you first hand that there is no downpour over Campbell field. I think it was obvious that those comments were made in jest, but some fans really got angry over them so I figured I would clear that up. The last thing I will say is that it's not just Corbin who wants to have he region championship at the arena. It's EVERY other school in the region EXCEPT Harlan county. And when Harlan county is up to host the region it is held at Harlan county. I don't really understand the problem there. To the fans of Belfry, you will be treated with class and respect when you get here Friday. There will not be anyone parking empty cars to keep you from parking near the field. There is however very limited parking around the field, but you can park and walk a few hundred yards to get to the field. I wouldn't be surprised if busses are ran from depot street to the field too. It'll probably be 3-4 people deep around the fence, it will make for a GREAT atmosphere!!! Best of luck to the pirates but I hope we beat your tails. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I can wait to see what this thread looks like by Friday!!

I'm not advocating holding in at Harlan County all the time. Harlan City wanted to have it at Harlan County this year, but someone had the KHSAA step in to make that decision. It's not like I want to have it there all the time, just when it's our turn. If I can drive an hour and half each year, it wouldn't hurt you guys to make that drive every 7 years or so. JMO
You guys tout the "home field advantage" and "field character"...well I say that The Arena isn't the best atmosphere for ballgames. Simple as that.
The only reason I brought that up was because the same reasons you guys are giving about the Corbin venue, were the same that I was giving for the HC venue.
Let's steer this thread back to the actual game not the facilities or parking.

Belfry Fans say they will win

Corbin fans say they will win

Fans don't win games Smile

Both teams are Talented, that's why they are here in the Semi-Finals.

Let's have a respectful week gang Smile

Thanks! Smile
BelfryPride Wrote:Let's steer this thread back to the actual game not the facilities or parking.

Belfry Fans say they will win

Corbin fans say they will win

Fans don't win games Smile

Both teams are Talented, that's why they are here in the Semi-Finals.

Let's have a respectful week gang Smile

Thanks! Smile
I agree. Not sure what asking someone if their parents had any children that lived had to do with football in the first place...Especially when it's from someone that still lives with their parents Confusednicker:

For the game:

Belfry by 10
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I read most of this thread and I ask the Belfry folks to look at how many posts most of the "pot stirrers" from Corbin have made. They are just guys who have made accounts with no other goal than to stir up trouble. That being said they're have been some comments made about Campbell field. We Corbin faithful love our home field, and we tend to get defensive when people throw off on it. We have CHOSEN to keep our field the way it is. A very wealthy family in corbin offered to pay for a new turf playing surface to be put in about 8 years ago and it was turned down. We want to play on a natural surface. I live 300 yards from the football field and I can tell you first hand that there is no downpour over Campbell field. I think it was obvious that those comments were made in jest, but some fans really got angry over them so I figured I would clear that up. The last thing I will say is that it's not just Corbin who wants to have he region championship at the arena. It's EVERY other school in the region EXCEPT Harlan county. And when Harlan county is up to host the region it is held at Harlan county. I don't really understand the problem there. To the fans of Belfry, you will be treated with class and respect when you get here Friday. There will not be anyone parking empty cars to keep you from parking near the field. There is however very limited parking around the field, but you can park and walk a few hundred yards to get to the field. I wouldn't be surprised if busses are ran from depot street to the field too. It'll probably be 3-4 people deep around the fence, it will make for a GREAT atmosphere!!! Best of luck to the pirates but I hope we beat your tails. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I can wait to see what this thread looks like by Friday!!

Well we don't really care where is played a guy from one of the news stations is the one that started it they said they heard that and it just rolled from there
Reddog4life Wrote:I agree. Not sure what asking someone if their parents had any children that lived had to do with football in the first place...Especially when it's from someone that still lives with their parents Confusednicker:

For the game:

Belfry by 10

Just let it go, what's done is done. Let's just hit the restart button Smile
Now to get back to the game I think Corbin will spread us out and try to give Sizemore and the running backs some lanes to run and they will throw those 5 and ten yard passes to move the chains but that's what every team has tried to do to us so we will give those little passes to them and then tighten up in the red zone as always we got a balanced offense with our backfield and if they stack the box which I don't think they will do we can throw it the grass field won't be a issue because they will practice on the soccer field all week with that being said I think Corbin will make a good game of it in the first half but then you have 6"4 and 6"7 guys 300 plus pounds up front that can move really really good with good feet you get wore down after a while and you can't simulate going against that in practice so I think Belfry we pull away in the second half good luck and hope for no injuries to anyone in this game
BelfryPride Wrote:Just let it go, what's done is done. Let's just hit the restart button Smile

What's done is done, just like the election! Smile
Good Luck to both teams. Hope they play their tails off for 4 quarters and put on a 7$ show. The atmosphere for this game will be rediculous! No injuries would be great and a win for the winning team next week will be better. Gotta go with the East. I think Corbin has a decent chance in this game, better and faster than last year and we still don't have a single player that goes 2 ways so that will help us in the second half! Key to this game will be tackling and turnovers. So, 28-21 is still my score..
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm not advocating holding in at Harlan County all the time. Harlan City wanted to have it at Harlan County this year, but someone had the KHSAA step in to make that decision. It's not like I want to have it there all the time, just when it's our turn. If I can drive an hour and half each year, it wouldn't hurt you guys to make that drive every 7 years or so. JMO
You guys tout the "home field advantage" and "field character"...well I say that The Arena isn't the best atmosphere for ballgames. Simple as that.
The only reason I brought that up was because the same reasons you guys are giving about the Corbin venue, were the same that I was giving for the HC venue.

I didn't know that about Harlan city. I'll agree with you, if Harlan city wanted it hosted at Harlan county, then that's where it should have been hosted. . . Unless they had already agreed to have at the arena. Thats the last thing I'll say about basketball.
^^
Me too!! BelfryPride just smacked my hands!!!

Confusednicker:
this want be no game a running clock put on corbin
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Me too!! BelfryPride just smacked my hands!!!

Confusednicker:

You're fine Granny Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh please! I am finer than fine!!!

And Reddog.....no running clock for this battle!!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Now to get back to the game I think Corbin will spread us out and try to give Sizemore and the running backs some lanes to run and they will throw those 5 and ten yard passes to move the chains but that's what every team has tried to do to us so we will give those little passes to them and then tighten up in the red zone as always we got a balanced offense with our backfield and if they stack the box which I don't think they will do we can throw it the grass field won't be a issue because they will practice on the soccer field all week with that being said I think Corbin will make a good game of it in the first half but then you have 6"4 and 6"7 guys 300 plus pounds up front that can move really really good with good feet you get wore down after a while and you can't simulate going against that in practice so I think Belfry we pull away in the second half good luck and hope for no injuries to anyone in this game

For some reason all Belfry posters think their team is better conditioned and stronger team. They are in for a rude awakening Friday evening. This years Corbin team will stand toe to toe with the Pirates and show they are the stronger and faster team. This won't be like last year where the Pirates pull away. Corbin's depth and talent will win this game. Big number 23 and 44 wont be able to withstand this offense for 4 quarters. I've tried to be nice with my prediction but I honestly don't see how the Pirates pull this off. It will take turnovers and penalties to keep Belfry in the game. Corbin by at least 2-3 touchdowns. Mark it down.
Redonthehound Wrote:For some reason all Belfry posters think their team is better conditioned and stronger team. They are in for a rude awakening Friday evening. This years Corbin team will stand toe to toe with the Pirates and show they are the stronger and faster team. This won't be like last year where the Pirates pull away. Corbin's depth and talent will win this game. Big number 23 and 44 wont be able to withstand this offense for 4 quarters. I've tried to be nice with my prediction but I honestly don't see how the Pirates pull this off. It will take turnovers and penalties to keep Belfry in the game. Corbin by at least 2-3 touchdowns. Mark it down.

Had no idea drug abuse was such an issue in Corbin.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next