Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Belfry by 2 TDs 35-21
I'm leaving from Lexington at 2...can't wait to see this one!

Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't wait to see how this one goes.

Hahaha....the only reason and everyone knows why is to see if your mighty Mayfield can beat them (by 1 point) and Belfry can't. I you just want to compare scores to say Mayfield is the best team in the nation...lol
Poll added
RicFlair Wrote:You belfry people are comical. I'm sure no other team in the state travels well for a semifinal game. I bet somerset never traveled well back in the day for those semifinal games, get over yourself.

One person said Belfry travels well and you get all bent out of shape over it. You mad bro?
Crossbones Wrote:One person said Belfry travels well and you get all bent out of shape over it. You mad bro?

Not bent out of shape just stating the obvious, I don't pull for Corbin or belfry, but to think you're gonna bring a crowd to big for a stadium that has seen probably as many big games as belfrys is just absurd.
My poor boy from the east 64, needs this. I think it's a long shot but, I sure hope he has his moment of glory.
What is the seating capacity?

From the pics I see online, it may seat 100 people on the home side...and the same for the visitors side
Yep getting defensive is the way to be over every little post that someone comes up with. It would be nice if these same people would actually answer a legitimate question about the facilities...smh.
I'm with you guys. Let's move this thing to a real stadium and we'll send down a more appropriate team next year for a stadium that size. I'm sure our 3rd/4th grade squad would love to play at Campbell Field.
It can't be any worse than Fulton Counties stadium. We used to have to play there every year.
Belfry 42-14 too big, too fast, too deep
Belfry will bring 2000 fans at the least
I'm a Johnson Central fan but always pull for Belfry when we are not playing them. It was reported the night we played them at home the attendance was 6200. Belfry will fill the stadium if it is small!! JC and Belfry both have a large following of fans on the road.
Corbin's home side goes from 15 yard line to 15 yard line and has about 20 rows. The away side bleachers are 35-35 with about 15 rows. Plenty of fence space.

As for the press box, it's on the visitor side and pretty big by high school standards. The smaller press box is the scorekeeper and PA announcer box on the home side.
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin's home side goes from 15 yard line to 15 yard line and has about 20 rows. The away side bleachers are 35-35 with about 15 rows. Plenty of fence space.

As for the press box, it's on the visitor side and pretty big by high school standards. The smaller press box is the scorekeeper and PA announcer box on the home side.

Thanks Harold for the info. Pond Creek, better get there early!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RicFlair Wrote:Not bent out of shape just stating the obvious, I don't pull for Corbin or belfry, but to think you're gonna bring a crowd to big for a stadium that has seen probably as many big games as belfrys is just absurd.

Just wait! You will see! You've probably never seen a team travel like this in your life. Belfry folks are nuts and they are worse over their football team!!!

There will be so much red in that stadium, it will look like a massive crime scene!!!

This kind of game is what makes high school football so wonderful!!

:Cheerlead
Granny Bear Wrote:Just wait! You will see! You've probably never seen a team travel like this in your life. Belfry folks are nuts and they are worse over their football team!!!

There will be so much red in that stadium, it will look like a massive crime scene!!!

Been to several games belfry has been involved in and am very aware they travel well, but they're not gonna over run the facilities. They're plenty capable of hosting this kind of game.
Pretty simple in my mind. Corbin is a ton better than last year and Belfry is very similar to last year. Flip the home field advantage and I can see the score being a lot like last year except it's Corbin on top. I'll be conservative though. Too much hounds.

Corbin 34
Belfry 21
:lmao:
There will be no problem at Corbin seating 5,000 and another 2,000 around there field.
We played them in 93,94 or close to that and it was two deep around died and about 100 police officers. Crazy game I've ever watched and old Dud and Cotton Adams put on a show!
Plenty of seats and parking will be fine!
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin's home side goes from 15 yard line to 15 yard line and has about 20 rows. The away side bleachers are 35-35 with about 15 rows. Plenty of fence space.

Exactly the type of info needed Harold and much appreciated. Thanks again and good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
Redonthehound Wrote:Pretty simple in my mind. Corbin is a ton better than last year and Belfry is very similar to last year. Flip the home field advantage and I can see the score being a lot like last year except it's Corbin on top. I'll be conservative though. Too much hounds.

Corbin 34
Belfry 21

No problem with you picking your team as I did mine, but if you think Belfry has stayed the same then there will be a rude awakening come Friday night. I have no problem saying the Hounds are better than last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:It can't be any worse than Fulton Counties stadium. We used to have to play there every year.

Corbin's stadium was good enough to be in a movie Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Just wait! You will see! You've probably never seen a team travel like this in your life. Belfry folks are nuts and they are worse over their football team!!!

let me know if it triples the attendance the Corbin- Whitley game had...it's a good thing Corbin now has a trolley.
Just ask Bourbon County how we travel? They rented extra bleachers and that wasn't enough. Bourbon has a big facility. There was Belfry Red on the home side bleachers and all around the fenceline. The fenceline crowd was 3-4 people deep. Granny was there!
BelfryPride Wrote:Just ask Bourbon County how we travel? They rented extra bleachers and that wasn't enough. Bourbon has a big facility. There was Belfry Red on the home side bleachers and all around the fenceline. The fenceline crowd was 3-4 people deep. Granny was there!

I've watched Belfry many times over the years Smile
Warning!!!!!! Corbin fans better bring their snacks and drinks with them. When half time comes all you will be able to see around your concession stands will be red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ There will be lots of dirty dawgs there Smile
for any of you that haven't been there. Corbin has some pretty good places to eat. plenty good barbecue and catfish.
baller55 Wrote:Warning!!!!!! Corbin fans better bring their snacks and drinks with them. When half time comes all you will be able to see around your concession stands will be red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm....I believe BOTH team's colors are red and white!

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next