Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 41 Southwestern 27
Blue Diamond Wrote:Incredible high school football game . Both teams are quality teams but as I said before the game to be the man , you gotta beat the man when it matters and this is something the Warriors can't do and haven't done the last few years when it truly matters . They very well may have had the better talent this current year but the boys in maroon know how to win and wanted that ball game more . Congrats to pulaski county. As a long time fan of high school football I hate to see coach French end this way as he has been a great one . I got to know him well in his Lincoln county days . I thought he would get SW OVER the the top in his tenure with all the talent they have had and do have but the maroons are the kryptonite to these Warriors . It's got to sting for the legend . The maroons seem to own the Warriors now . Larry has done well but just not what I thought the result would be when he took the job . My understanding is this was the best chance for the blue and orange . They come up short! That's a hard one to swallow . Good luck to maroon nation in semifinal . You deserve it!
I agree. But I'M around the SW school and football program alot and have got no insight that Coach French is for sure hanging it up. I would love to see him back minus SpeakTheTruth.
It was sad to watch our Warriors fall last night.. It was a great game and well officiated. Southwestern gave they're all and fell short. Congrats to PC. Was told by a Assistant that French is retiring, but who knows, but what hurts most then the loss was in our bleachers. I have backed Somerset football for years, but as I seen last night they have know respect. The Somerset team had 50+ sitting behind our student section throwing coins, starting fights and cheering for PC. As PC took a knee they all stood up and sang the Somerset Fight song as loud as they could. I was at the press box and still heard it. Total disrespect for our team, parents, players. Our sideline turned around and had to watch this as they fell in defeat. Uncalled for
SWpride Wrote:It was sad to watch our Warriors fall last night.. It was a great game and well officiated. Southwestern gave they're all and fell short. Congrats to PC. Was told by a Assistant that French is retiring, but who knows, but what hurts most then the loss was in our bleachers. I have backed Somerset football for years, but as I seen last night they have know respect. The Somerset team had 50+ sitting behind our student section throwing coins, starting fights and cheering for PC. As PC took a knee they all stood up and sang the Somerset Fight song as loud as they could. I was at the press box and still heard it. Total disrespect for our team, parents, players. Our sideline turned around and had to watch this as they fell in defeat. Uncalled for

shame on them. :ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote:Does this mean Whitley County is a point better than Southwestern? :biglmao:

2 points better! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Pulaski has that been there and done it before. SW had all the pressure.
Where you at Coach SpeakTheTruth? Come tell us how New can't play and wouldn't make a difference in the game. Tell us how Johnson is not any where close to the best receiver in the county. Tell us more, your credibility is at a all-time high.
I agree that PC wanted it more. You could tell from their enthusiasm when they made some plays. Not saying SW didn't. Just PC done it more. The only thing I cant figure out is the play calling on SW. Why stay in the wishbone all night except a few plays. #4 is a great athlete, but he had some hesitation when he was hitting the 3 and 5 hole. Some Counter's as well. It was like I have 5 plays in the bone and that's all i'm going to run. They went against everything that thumped PC the 1st game. Also, what make them better, or either team better. Because they each won a game. So how does one tell?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:2 points better! :Thumbs:

Harlan County is 12 points better then, not that it matters at this point.
Congratulations to Pulaski
Pulaski owns SW on big games
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Where you at Coach SpeakTheTruth? Come tell us how New can't play and wouldn't make a difference in the game. Tell us how Johnson is not any where close to the best receiver in the county. Tell us more, your credibility is at a all-time high.

I have been waiting on his wonderful commentary as well, but it would seem that we're not going to get it. I think we have a fair weather fan on our hands! :truestory:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I'm interested to see what speaknotruth has to say about this one. :popcorn:

No excuses will be made. I know every team has the "fans" that create the excuses. If that was you after the first game shame on you....that being said I will say congrats PC....and Congrats to both teams both left it on the field and regardless of the outcome both had nothing to hang their head about. PC executed and SW did not! SW dropped 4 ints. Twice I counted SW dropped an INT and THE VERY NEXT PLAY PC SCORED A TD! SO frustrating...SW did not make the plays they made in the first game and it cost them.
Congrats PC. The first game PC struggled to stop the wishbone, I'd say that's why they went to it so much in the first half. Second half Southwestern was in the shotgun two back set most of the half. If you put up 27 points and give up 41, I wouldn't put a lot of blame on the offense.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I have been waiting on his wonderful commentary as well, but it would seem that we're not going to get it. I think we have a fair weather fan on our hands! :truestory:

Fair weather fan I am not. What is incredibly remarkable to me is this PC bandwagon and how full it has got these last few years. You guys must have caught that Lebron express from Miami to Cleveland and got off here in Pulaski County. Yes the talent in the previous year and this year combined was exceptional and PC has had a great 4 year stretch....but if any team in the state has picked up fair weather fans or extended the bandwagon it has been the Golden State Maroons....so do not play that card.

Ask yourself these questions and If you can answer it yes then you are a true PC fan....If you can't say yes then you may be on the bandwagon.

Was I a fan in 2006 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 1999 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 2000 with a 3-7 record?
Was I a fan in 2005 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 2011 with a 3-8 record?
speakthetruth Wrote:No excuses will be made. I know every team has the "fans" that create the excuses. If that was you after the first game shame on you....that being said I will say congrats PC....and Congrats to both teams both left it on the field and regardless of the outcome both had nothing to hang their head about. PC executed and SW did not! SW dropped 4 ints. Twice I counted SW dropped an INT and THE VERY NEXT PLAY PC SCORED A TD! SO frustrating...SW did not make the plays they made in the first game and it cost them.

Would have, could have, should have.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I agree. But I'M around the SW school and football program alot and have got no insight that Coach French is for sure hanging it up. I would love to see him back minus SpeakTheTruth.

Seeing that I graduated from SW and have a kid in the middle school program that's not going to happen. I have been and will continue to be a warrior long before and after French's tenure.
speakthetruth Wrote:No excuses will be made. I know every team has the "fans" that create the excuses. If that was you after the first game shame on you....that being said I will say congrats PC....and Congrats to both teams both left it on the field and regardless of the outcome both had nothing to hang their head about. PC executed and SW did not! SW dropped 4 ints. Twice I counted SW dropped an INT and THE VERY NEXT PLAY PC SCORED A TD! SO frustrating...SW did not make the plays they made in the first game and it cost them.

That's what good football teams do, they take advantage of the other's mistake! :insane:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:That's what good football teams do, they take advantage of the other's mistake! :insane:

Exactly right! Congrats to PC.
speakthetruth Wrote:Fair weather fan I am not. What is incredibly remarkable to me is this PC bandwagon and how full it has got these last few years. You guys must have caught that Lebron express from Miami to Cleveland and got off here in Pulaski County. Yes the talent in the previous year and this year combined was exceptional and PC has had a great 4 year stretch....but if any team in the state has picked up fair weather fans or extended the bandwagon it has been the Golden State Maroons....so do not play that card.

Ask yourself these questions and If you can answer it yes then you are a true PC fan....If you can't say yes then you may be on the bandwagon.

Was I a fan in 2006 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 1999 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 2000 with a 3-7 record?
Was I a fan in 2005 with a 2-8 record?
Was I a fan in 2011 with a 3-8 record?

Who exactly is on the PC bandwagon? You're the one who just joined a few months ago. I can see why you're trying to point the finger elsewhere, since the wheels just fell off the SW bandwagon. Confusederiously:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Who exactly is on the PC bandwagon? You're the one who just joined a few months ago. I can see why you're trying to point the finger elsewhere, since the wheels just fell off the SW bandwagon. Confusederiously:

I didn't point fingers anywhere...I was the one called a fair-weather fan for not responding quickly enough to a post. Correct? I just pointed out the fact that nobody on the north side has any room to call out other fans when 95% of them have only been a fan as of late.
speakthetruth Wrote:I didn't point fingers anywhere...I was the one called a fair-weather fan for not responding quickly enough to a post. Correct? I just pointed out the fact that nobody on the north side has any room to call out other fans when 95% of them have only been a fan as of late.

That's why I was asking if there was anyone particular you were speaking of on here or in general. Everyone I know has supported PC for 10+ years because of family, friends, or staff being associated with the program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
speakthetruth Wrote:I didn't point fingers anywhere...I was the one called a fair-weather fan for not responding quickly enough to a post. Correct? I just pointed out the fact that nobody on the north side has any room to call out other fans when 95% of them have only been a fan as of late.

Classic statement... Just give up with these terrible post.
95% huh?
OK every one knows the only reason PC won this game and the game two years ago was because the "Curse of the Goat". for those of you not familiar with the curse of the goat here it is.

In 1994 Superintendent Tim Eaton brought his goat to a PC / SW football game. The goat " named Murphy " stunk. So the SW fans complained about the odor and AD Greg Scholl ask Mr. Eaton to leave and take his goat with him. Outraged by the events as Supt. Eaton was leaving the reservation he said " Pulaski County will own Southwestern in Region Championship games". So the curse of the goat hovers over SW.

But as the Cubs proved this year; goat curse's only work for 71 years. So all you PC fans crowing about your 4 strait Region championships, and State Championship, enjoy them now because in 2065 Southwestern is going to kick your a$$.
Ninja Wrote:Classic statement... Just give up with these terrible post.
95% huh?

How would you prefer it worded? Vast Majority? Large Number of? Tell me as I can assure to comply with your wishes and ensure each post is up to your standards.
Lets try it: The vast majority of you PC fans could have cared less for PC football 5 years ago. The football team had marginal success and did not have the fanfare it has now. That is a 100% true statement. 3 state championship games later everyone seems to love them. Then they call me a fair-weather fan.
I made a prediction and was wrong as many others were. I used stats to defend my position is that wrong? I never said PC was a bad team simply stated SW was, in my opinion, better. I used stats available to us all on KHSAA to defend my position when questioned. So if anything I feel my predictions are pretty informed. Was I wrong? Yes. I sent my congrats to PC and admit they outplayed SW. That does not, however, discredit the info I put into my posts.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:That's why I was asking if there was anyone particular you were speaking of on here or in general. Everyone I know has supported PC for 10+ years because of family, friends, or staff being associated with the program.

In general. The bandwagon has grown and like I said if you can answer those questions with a yes then consider yourself a legit fan.
Pulaski has better players period, 4 straight semi finals end of story!
speakthetruth Wrote:How would you prefer it worded? Vast Majority? Large Number of? Tell me as I can assure to comply with your wishes and ensure each post is up to your standards.
Lets try it: The vast majority of you PC fans could have cared less for PC football 5 years ago. The football team had marginal success and did not have the fanfare it has now. That is a 100% true statement. 3 state championship games later everyone seems to love them. Then they call me a fair-weather fan.
I made a prediction and was wrong as many others were. I used stats to defend my position is that wrong? I never said PC was a bad team simply stated SW was, in my opinion, better. I used stats available to us all on KHSAA to defend my position when questioned. So if anything I feel my predictions are pretty informed. Was I wrong? Yes. I sent my congrats to PC and admit they outplayed SW. That does not, however, discredit the info I put into my posts.

No matter how you word it the answer is the same.. That's not true. But if it makes you feel better we can all go along with it.
jumperdogpete Wrote:Pulaski has better players period, 4 straight semi finals end of story!

If that was true they would have two district trophies to go with the region and state one. Its the goat curse.
speakthetruth Wrote:How would you prefer it worded? Vast Majority? Large Number of? Tell me as I can assure to comply with your wishes and ensure each post is up to your standards.
Ever what stats you used for New and Johnson I'd consider not referring to them anymore. You really had me believeing neither could play.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Would have, could have, should have.

Don't chime in now pretty boy. Need I remind you of your famous statement. NO REALISTIC PC FAN THINKS THEIR GONNA WIN. I hate to be like Jim Rome, but this is to you. :gtfo: