• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Paintsville 11/18
Rematch for Region Title.
Rams better make sure and eat their wheaties this week! Their gonna need em!!! Maybe some spinach too!!
Raceland had better get it together between now and then or they will get a running clock put on them next Friday night.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Raceland had better get it together between now and then or they will get a running clock put on them next Friday night.

:truestory:
Paintsville will :ChairHit: Raceland all night! Bring on the Semis!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This one won't even be close

Paintsville 42
Raceland 6
Raceland is much better than some are giving them credit for. I'm going to say Paintsville by 14 at home next Friday.
If Raceland plays like they during the first half against Nicholas, then it's gonna get ugly.
Im a huge RAM fan. Graduate, former player, and coach in the JFL. So I am going to catch hell when I give my prediction. CAN the RAMS beat Paintsville? Anyone can look at a 6 point loss in OT and see that is a clear cut and dry possibility. But this choosing when and where to play lights out defense and just coming out and going through the motions offensively, the "cute" play calling or predictable play calling, and losing composure and making dumb mistakes, all of these things, are not typical characteristics of a championship team. Now, with all of that said, should the RAMS play like they did in the final quarter and a half of tonights game show up, they WILL win. BUT, I have yet to see us put 4 strong quarters of football together and if we are to win, that is exactly what it will take. My prediction...

My head says...losing Fairchild in the middle defensively could be a dagger.
Paintsville 35
Raceland 24

My heart and soul WANTS...
RAMS 26...tiggers 20 in a game much like the first.

We shall see come Friday if the RAMS can be who I KNOW they CAN BE.
I agree with you Scotty. I want Raceland to win just as much as anyone in Ramland but if I am being objective then I think there is a good possibility that we will not win next week. I hope I am wrong but they are going to have to put together a full four quarter effort to pull it off and if they show up lackluster like they did in the first half against Nicholas then it will be a long night. Paintsville is a great team but so is Raceland. Our biggest problem is Paintsville having in our heads after beating us 3 times in a row. We have to get over that mental barrier if we are going to have a chance to win. With that said, I I think we will see them come out with a focus that we haven't seen since the last meeting with the Tigers but they are going to have to take their game to a whole other level to win next week. I believe in this Raceland team and we have all seem glimpses of how great this team can be. Now is the time to step it up because after next week someone is playing basketball and as much as I like our Tiger posters I hope it is you lol.
Year after year I read on these boards that Raceland didn't come to play when it counted most. I read how the Rams would have easily won had they been focused and disciplined. I read how simple mistakes and bad play calling cost them. Given the fact this happens seemingly every year, doesn't that have to eventually point a finger to the coaching staff?

In any case, I think this Raceland team is one of their best relative to their competition this year with a couple really good line players and a really good QB. I think the Rams go to Paintsville and get the win. I agree with the guy on here who is all the time saying the Rams need to play their best players both ways for the most part. I also agree they need to cut out the "cute" play calling, put the best 11 on the field, run Walker, run Davidson, and let Davidson throw to Cherry and occasionally Webb. Nothing else. Keep it simple. They can win the state this year.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Year after year I read on these boards that Raceland didn't come to play when it counted most. I read how the Rams would have easily won had they been focused and disciplined. I read how simple mistakes and bad play calling cost them. Given the fact this happens seemingly every year, doesn't that have to eventually point a finger to the coaching staff?

In any case, I think this Raceland team is one of their best relative to their competition this year with a couple really good line players and a really good QB. I think the Rams go to Paintsville and get the win. I agree with the guy on here who is all the time saying the Rams need to play their best players both ways for the most part. I also agree they need to cut out the "cute" play calling, put the best 11 on the field, run Walker, run Davidson, and let Davidson throw to Cherry and occasionally Webb. Nothing else. Keep it simple. They can win the state this year.

YES. But to be fair, it's not mattered who the HC was/is. Big games, we choke. Now, after going back and watching the games, 06 was a major let down against NCC (27-10 halftime lead...lost 46-27) as was 08 (blew a massive lead to LCA). 12, we beat the breaks off Pikeville and then blew it in OT in the playoffs when it mattered. 13 imo we just got beat by a better team that year (Williamsburg) in 14. it was a system issue when we completely lost the passing game in the final 3 weeks of the regular season bc we didnt need it, when we did, our timing was way off the mark and we take an 8-6 lead into the 3rd quarter, only to lose 34-8 or something in that range. Last year, we didnt wake up to play till it was too late. So while I havent agreed with everything Mike has done this year, its not nust him that hasnt won the big one. Hopefully that changes this year.
I'll be the first to admit that we have gotten out coached in big games this year and havent made great adjustments with personel and play calling. BUT They have been doing some different sets on offense upfront in the last couple weeks that I really like. Mixing and matching groups, it seems to be working, and keeping the defense guessing. In regaurds to play calling, I bet if you go back and watch every game this season, we have been the most success over the deep middle and shallow edges in the passing game, running the trap with Bailey, and getting Nathaniel 5-10 actual carries a game. When we mix those things up, we start to pick up our pace. The reverse pass crap is garbage and has no place in this teams playbook especially at the goal line when you've ran down their throat for the last 10 minutes. Hopefully we can put EVERYTHING together and pull this one out. Btw, proud of the boys and their resolve last night in Carlisle. It was a very chippy game that could have gotten out of hand several times.

Back to this game. Defensively we have to protect the edge. If it's me, I am more worried about the edge than the middle. Because Phelps can beat you on the JET in a matter of seconds. Allen will hurt you up the middle but it takes a little longer. I think this game will come down to the wire again, if we can keep our foot on the gas I like our chances. If not, then its time for some roundball in ramland. I have watched/coached these seniors since they were in Flag.

Very proud of the young men they have become. I am not ready to see this season end. I hope they feel the same way and bring that fire and passion they had in the 4th quarter into Paintsville and smack em in the mouth. We have shown signs and had moments of greatness all year, time to put start putting it all together.
Any running clock predictions are nonsense. I think we all know Raceland is gonna show up with a fire that the Rams fans haven't seen all year, just like in the playoff game last year. Raceland is a dang good football team. We know what we are up against physically, but we are gonna have match Racelands intensity (something I don't think we did in the playoff game last year, and it almost cost us). This is the match up everyone in Class A wanted to see. Folks better get to Memorial Field early, it's gonna be a packed house.
This area has Raceland and Assland headed to Paintsville and Russell headed to Belfery!23is gonna be packed Friday!Its gonna take 3 damn hours to get out of Paintsville Friday night!

The big thing I'm seeing right now is I don't think every kid on Racelands team wants to play 15 games!Looks like to me we have some going through the motions!Some times a really good HS football team just wants to play 10 games and be done!I hope I'm wrong!

I'm hearing a lot of rumors about some transfers coming into Raceland for next year!I hope this isn't true because I don't want to be the new Fairview!This isn't what we do at Raceland and if we start then that's the day I stop wearing orange!
If a transfer moves into town and khsaa has no problems with it then great. But I'll guarantee you one thing. We don't go looking for players
Tigers by 14.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:YES. But to be fair, it's not mattered who the HC was/is. Big games, we choke. Now, after going back and watching the games, 06 was a major let down against NCC (27-10 halftime lead...lost 46-27) as was 08 (blew a massive lead to LCA). 12, we beat the breaks off Pikeville and then blew it in OT in the playoffs when it mattered. 13 imo we just got beat by a better team that year (Williamsburg) in 14. it was a system issue when we completely lost the passing game in the final 3 weeks of the regular season bc we didnt need it, when we did, our timing was way off the mark and we take an 8-6 lead into the 3rd quarter, only to lose 34-8 or something in that range. Last year, we didnt wake up to play till it was too late. So while I havent agreed with everything Mike has done this year, its not nust him that hasnt won the big one. Hopefully that changes this year.

I feel confident that we'll be ready to rumble Friday night.
swampdonkey Wrote:Raceland is much better than some are giving them credit for. I'm going to say Paintsville by 14 at home next Friday.

I'm not sure where people are getting these lopsided scores from. Sure Raceland has had its struggles and will be a slight underdog coming in but has everyone forgotten that Paintsville had to go to overtime to beat them a few weeks ago and that game easily could have gone the other way? As I said in a previous post, if Raceland isn't ready it could be a long night but I believe we will be ready and it will be a fight for all 4 quarters with the winner earning the victory in this game.
I know these seniors , and j gurantee one thing they will be ready to play Friday night no question about it . Everything will be left on the field , it's gonna be 48 minute all out fight on both sides can't wait to watch it
Dont let my head's Paintsville 2 score win fool you. I dont think anyone is coming away from this game in a clean jersey, without blood, sweat, and tears. Its going to be a dawgfight. Whoever wins will have earned it. The thing that concerns me is our lapses in focus at times. With a kid like Phelps, all he needs is a seem of daylight and he is gone. For the Rams to win this game, they need to contain Phelps to what they did last go around, he will break one eventually, its just going to happen. But if they limit him to 2 or less big runs, AND we play some bump and run at CB and have a damn safety in the center of the field, we will win this game.

Paintsville had more speed and a little more grit in the trenches. Alot of that has been fixed. Its all or nothing, in the words of Dan Fouts "Biggest game of the year, cant hold anything back now"
Paintsville 33-20
Any Ram fan who picks against them can kiss my a$$ and just wear Paintsvlle colors and sit on their side . Don't wanna hear I'm just being honest BS your a Ram or ur not get on board or get the F out
Paintsville big in this one
Want be no overtime game in Paintsville........Marked it down tigers are for real at home.......Sorry Raceland Fans basketball practice begins 11/19/16 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Paintsville 42
Raceland 14
The key to Raceland winning this game is to get an early lead and force Paintsville to play their game. In the first game Paintsville controlled the tempo for a large portion of the game which ultimately led to their victory. If the Rams get up early and make Paintsville play from behind all night then I believe that will disrupt Paintsville's rhythm, especially since they haven't had to play from behind much this year.

What Raceland cannot do though is wait until they get punched in the mouth to respond. As great as the Rams have been late in the games this season it is the time of year to play proactive and throw the first punch instead of waiting to get hit before you react.
Raceland continues to play undisciplined football and that's usually not a good thing this late in the season. Everyone likes a team that plays with a chip on their shoulder, but there's a very fine line between chippy and dirty, Raceland was close to crossing that line last night. The discipline of a team or lack thereof is an extension of the coaching staff.

The pass coverage continues to be a major concern, blown coverages are one thing, but being completely lost during a play is unacceptable.

The thing that drives me batty is the offense. The play calling continues to be predictable and when it's not predictable, they're usually trying to get cute.

Every year it's the same thing, all the blowhards on here and Preps start beating the drums about how this is the team that will make it to the carpet and when you look at this roster one would believe that all of the pieces are in place.

So, does Raceland go to work this week, play disciplined, inspired football on Friday night and come away with the win? Or do they underachieve and spend another off season talking about what should've been?
64SUR Wrote:Want be no overtime game in Paintsville........Marked it down tigers are for real at home.......Sorry Raceland Fans basketball practice begins 11/19/16 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Paintsville 42
Raceland 14

Paintsville may be for real at home but Raceland is also for real on the road as they are undefeated away from home. Neither team will win this game by double digits and the winner will take this game in the forth quarter. Mark that down :dontthink
True last matchup took OT to decide but we all know the display of Home cooking as admitted by Rams fans. That being said Paintsville will be at LEAST 2 TD's better in this playoff matchup! Paintsville is playing with a fire and focus we didn't see in the first game. Sounds as if Raceland is just not! The Big man pounding the ball through the line has been a great help to take some pressure off KP on offense along with the deep threat of the Allen twins, not to even mention Paintsville's Defense which is the backbone of this Fired up Paintsville team!! Rams gonna find them selves in a BIG Hole in the first half and don't think they'll bring a big enough shovel to dig out of it!!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Any Ram fan who picks against them can kiss my a$$ and just wear Paintsvlle colors and sit on their side . Don't wanna hear I'm just being honest BS your a Ram or ur not get on board or get the F out

Dont want it to happen. Just my opinion. Thats why i posted my head's thoughts and my HEART's wishes. Like it or not, u got me and i aint going newhere.
  • 1(current)
  • Next