Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your election projection
For anybody willing to forecast the results of the presidential election, this thread is for you. My prediction:

Hillary Clinton, the traitor: 297

Trump, the buffoon: 241

However, Florida is going to be very close, and Trump could very well eek out a 270-268 win. New Hampshire is also going to be very close, and the margin could be 301-237 or 272-266 in Hillary's favor if Trump loses NH.

My prediction is based on a quick skimming of the most recent polling on RCP, and I reserve the right to amend my projected totals based on poll results released later today. However, barring any significant movements in the last few polls, it looks like Trump needs to win New Hampshire and Florida to become president.

What say you?
Out of swing states Ohio, Florida, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Nevada; the only state Clinton loses is Ohio. She wins on points but I believe she will only win by 2% or 3% in each state. Also Michigan will be close as will Wisconsin; close as in 5 or 6 points but she will win those as well. The one voting bloc Republicans needed to gain on was: drum roll please: HISPANICS and LATINOS! Turnout is up and it's bad news for Trump AND Marco Rubio in FL. Ayotte and Rubio will lose their seats. Watch.
Final score Clinton-323 Trump-215
The day after autopsy will reveal Trumps message on trade resonated but the anti immigrant tirade he went on in order to get the nomination was fatal.
I am afraid that Trump will lose. Especially after that faster than light investigation by the FBI that ended in the same result as the email scandal.

Trump brought to light the immigration problems, sanctuary cities and other issues that would not have been addressed had it not been for him.

Under Hillary, Obamacare will continue to be an ineffective and costly mistake that she will enforce, our military will continue to decline, our jobs will continue to disappear (especially anything related to coal) and America will no longer be respected. Since she appears to be above all law, Hillary will continue her criminal behavior and be in a vulnerable position of blackmail while holding the highest political position.

Since this is my opinion only, I don't intend to defend it.
In my view, calling a potential President a "traitor" is a failure of Christian spirit.

In my view, The Affordable Care Act is such a wedge issue for the GOP that they won't allow amendments which would address problems.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In my view, calling a potential President a "traitor" is a failure of Christian spirit.

In my view, The Affordable Care Act is such a wedge issue for the GOP that they won't allow amendments which would address problems.
A supporter of Hillary Clinton does not occupy the moral high ground to question anybody's religion. The Clintons have accepted millions of dollars from countries that tolerate slavery, terrorism, and every other vice known to man. Accepting bribes in exchange for granting an audience with one's own subjects was an accepted custom among many feudal societies. Accepting bribes from foreign government for such favors has been considered treason throughout most of human history. If you intend to vote for a traitor, then you should be looking in a mirror and questioning your own faith.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In my view, calling a potential President a "traitor" is a failure of Christian spirit.

This is the view of Homeland Security Chair Michael McCaul;
[SIZE="2"]
“She took those secrets overseas against the State Department’s wishes. Now we find out, as James Comey told me previously, that foreign nations likely got into her private server,” he added.

“This is why you have security protocols — to protect classified information,” said McCaul. “She exposed it to our enemies, and now our adversaries have this very sensitive information.”

“It jeopardizes not only our national security at home, but our men and women serving overseas. This is, in my opinion, treason.”[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:A supporter of Hillary Clinton does not occupy the moral high ground to question anybody's religion. The Clintons have accepted millions of dollars from countries that tolerate slavery, terrorism, and every other vice known to man. Accepting bribes in exchange for granting an audience with one's own subjects was an accepted custom among many feudal societies. Accepting bribes from foreign government for such favors has been considered treason throughout most of human history. If you intend to vote for a traitor, then you should be looking in a mirror and questioning your own faith.

Again, you folks mistake facts and opinions in a grand masquerade. Show me the quid pro quo. Show me where The Clinton Foundation sold out America for money. Folks disagree on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement, and vehemently. That's fine. To suggest those who authored it and support it are foolish, are naive? Fine. To suggest they do not love America? Lowest common denominator.

Hoot, I look in the mirror, day by day, and but see through a glass darkly. However, throwing around the word "traitor," and "criminal" and "pervert"? Save the sanctimonious, self-righteous tone. It's embarrassing.
I've got it 279 to 259 in favor of Trump. I have this strange feeling that Hillary gets North Carolina, Colorado and Nevada but Trump polls Pennsylvania because of the blue collar worker.

I will so using one of those maps to predict the election true it does show how hard it is for a Republican to win the presidential election. When Democrats automatically begin with 118 electoral votes from California, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York, that makes it really easy. If memory serves me correctly comma Democrats generally win Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Massachusetts which is another 47 electoral votes. That is 165 votes! Therefore on basically every election, Democrats only need to win about 3-4 states. If I were a Democrat running for president I would only campaign in four states (Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, & Pennsylvania) and fundraise in four states (NY, California, Illinois, & Michigan).

Yet, the Democrats with this unbelievable advantage still generally do a terrible job (i.e. Gore & Hillary). Part of me is hoping that my suspicion is true. I honestly believe that (at least before the "grab her right by the *****" comments) there is a large group of people that will vote for Trump but feel publicly shamed that they are. I remember reading and hearing that Trump did significantly better in online or anonymous polls than Hillary did.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, you folks mistake facts and opinions in a grand masquerade. Show me the quid pro quo. Show me where The Clinton Foundation sold out America for money. Folks disagree on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement, and vehemently. That's fine. To suggest those who authored it and support it are foolish, are naive? Fine. To suggest they do not love America? Lowest common denominator.

Hoot, I look in the mirror, day by day, and but see through a glass darkly. However, throwing around the word "traitor," and "criminal" and "pervert"? Save the sanctimonious, self-righteous tone. It's embarrassing.

LOL, said the patient to the doctor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:I've got it 279 to 259 in favor of Trump. I have this strange feeling that Hillary gets North Carolina, Colorado and Nevada but Trump polls Pennsylvania because of the blue collar worker.

I will so using one of those maps to predict the election true it does show how hard it is for a Republican to win the presidential election. When Democrats automatically begin with 118 electoral votes from California, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York, that makes it really easy. If memory serves me correctly comma Democrats generally win Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Massachusetts which is another 47 electoral votes. That is 165 votes! Therefore on basically every election, Democrats only need to win about 3-4 states. If I were a Democrat running for president I would only campaign in four states (Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, & Pennsylvania) and fundraise in four states (NY, California, Illinois, & Michigan).

Yet, the Democrats with this unbelievable advantage still generally do a terrible job (i.e. Gore & Hillary). Part of me is hoping that my suspicion is true. I honestly believe that (at least before the "grab her right by the *****" comments) there is a large group of people that will vote for Trump but feel publicly shamed that they are. I remember reading and hearing that Trump did significantly better in online or anonymous polls than Hillary did.

I feel publicly ashamed of Hillary.
Confusednicker:
You all know I'm no fan of Trump, but I'm going to say he wins big. Even as much as he has screwed up. I'm going to say he gets close to 400 electoral votes.
wideright05 Wrote:you all know i'm no fan of trump, but i'm going to say he wins big. Even as much as he has screwed up. I'm going to say he gets close to 400 electoral votes.

lol
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, you folks mistake facts and opinions in a grand masquerade. Show me the quid pro quo. Show me where The Clinton Foundation sold out America for money. Folks disagree on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement, and vehemently. That's fine. To suggest those who authored it and support it are foolish, are naive? Fine. To suggest they do not love America? Lowest common denominator.

It is more than embarrassing that we have American citizens who see no problem with a presidential candidate accepting a $12 million "donation" from the head of a foreign government in exchange for access to the royal - I mean Hillary Clinton's immediate family. Clinton's own inner circle, including Huma Abedin, saw a problem with the quid pro quo arrangement, but you defend it. Like I said, that is more than embarrassing and there is nothing Christian about such blind devotion to a traitor.
Granny Bear Wrote:I feel publicly ashamed of Hillary.
Confusednicker:
This is normally where decent people express sympathy for somebody's famiy, but corruption is a family affair in the Clinton household. I feel sorry for any family pets that they might own.
Trump's final campaign rally was in Michigan and Hillary's final campaign stop was in Pennsylvania. That suggests that their internal polling shows that they are running a very tight race in both states, despite public polling results.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is more than embarrassing that we have American citizens who see no problem with a presidential candidate accepting a $12 million "donation" from the head of a foreign government in exchange for access to the royal - I mean Hillary Clinton's immediate family. Clinton's own inner circle, including Huma Abedin, saw a problem with the quid pro quo arrangement, but you defend it. Like I said, that is more than embarrassing and there is nothing Christian about such blind devotion to a traitor.

What was the quid pro quo, Agent Starling? Over and over again, I have said I am no fan of the Clintons, that they do not think the rules apply to them. The Clinton Foundation has done much to benefit the world, but has also crossed boundaries unwisely. But, that does not prove quid pro quo. Words like "traitor," "criminal," are hyperbole in my view, and do not apply. It is odd that in saying that that suddenly I can be nothing other than a HRC supporter. To offer nuance does not mean support. I certainly take issue with that.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:What was the quid pro quo, Agent Starling? Over and over again, I have said I am no fan of the Clintons, that they do not think the rules apply to them. The Clinton Foundation has done much to benefit the world, but has also crossed boundaries unwisely. But, that does not prove quid pro quo. Words like "traitor," "criminal," are hyperbole in my view, and do not apply. It is odd that in saying that that suddenly I can be nothing other than a HRC supporter. To offer nuance does not mean support. I certainly take issue with that.
Yes, over and over you say, I am no fan of the Clintons, but there is always a "but," followed by a defense of whatever wrong they commit. The email threads prove quid pro quos. What you offer is not nuanced at all, it is your own rendition of a blind pardon for indefensible violations of law. You leave no doubt as to how you will vote and you show no signs of a guilty conscience.
Heaviest turnout I have ever seen in this Fairfax Co. precinct. This does not bode well for Trumps chances in VA.
catdoggy Wrote:lol

Does your other account find that funny?
I don't have another account.
He lost his chance at VA when Tim Kaine got into the race.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:What was the quid pro quo, Agent Starling? Over and over again, I have said I am no fan of the Clintons, that they do not think the rules apply to them. The Clinton Foundation has done much to benefit the world, but has also crossed boundaries unwisely. But, that does not prove quid pro quo. Words like "traitor," "criminal," are hyperbole in my view, and do not apply. It is odd that in saying that that suddenly I can be nothing other than a HRC supporter. To offer nuance does not mean support. I certainly take issue with that.

Obviously somebody has their wires crossed.

Clinton Cash author Peter Schweizer says Clinton Foundation Charitable outlays only total 6% of gross donations.
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/2...t-charity/

The Clinton Foundation spent less than 6 percent of its budget on charitable grants in 2014, according to documents the organization filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in 2015.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/16/clin...ants-2014/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have never seen voter turnout so heavy as it is today. That's good!

We have quite a few forest fires in my area, and the visibility is down to a couple hundred yards, and the air smells horrible. Even with all of this, I had to wait in line to vote for about half an hour. This was at 6:30 this morning.
You church going Bible beaters should be rooting for the Lunatic Pu$$y Grabber to lose.
I predict that orange Hitler will lose.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:You church going Bible beaters should be rooting for the Lunatic Pu$$y Grabber to lose.

The true Christian people are. The right wing extremist "Christians" are voting for Trump. Go figure.
I don't have lot of respect for people who show up to a building every Sunday to compare clothing and vote for insane perverts.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I don't have lot of respect for people who show up to a building every Sunday to compare clothing and vote for insane perverts.

This brand of Christianity is a dying breed. They gripe about Jesus not being taught about in school and yet they don't even act like him in their own churches. Look up hypocrite and you'll understand.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, over and over you say, I am no fan of the Clintons, but there is always a "but," followed by a defense of whatever wrong they commit. The email threads prove quid pro quos. What you offer is not nuanced at all, it is your own rendition of a blind pardon for indefensible violations of law. You leave no doubt as to how you will vote and you show no signs of a guilty conscience.

The email threads provide evidence IF you interpret them to do so. Of course, Hoot, you are going to interpret them that way.

Is Ted Cruz morally superior to Hillary Clinton? This seems your flight of fancy into the land of conscience. Would that you knew that which you preen that you do. As with TRT, I respect the sincerity and integrity of your beliefs and positions. Would that more citizens took civic responsibility as seriously. We just disagree.