Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle county 6th grade KBA state champioons
Congrats to the lady rockets on the 6th grade state title and completing the perfect season (33-0) Very talented group. A couple of these players played on the 8th grade team that finished in the elite 8 (without a couple key players) a few weeks ago. 7th grade didnt get a chance due to confrence tournment being on the same weekend. Cant wait to watch this group the next couple of years.
Go look at who they played all weekend. They played weakest teams in it until reaching RW Combs who played some of the best teams and was visibly tired when playing Rockcastle. Is Rockcastle a good team? Yes. I don't like playing the what if game, but if RW is fresh and Rock is fresh, RW wins by 10. They are too quick and have best defense in state. And again have best player with #23. Hats off to Rockcastle, because they did end up winning but in my opinion, they were not the best team in it. The final four was made up of best four, although Lincoln was a contender as well.
Congratulations Rockcastle!! I heard it was a great tournament.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Congrats to the lady rockets on the 6th grade state title and completing the perfect season (33-0) Very talented group. A couple of these players played on the 8th grade team that finished in the elite 8 (without a couple key players) a few weeks ago. 7th grade didnt get a chance due to confrence tournment being on the same weekend. Cant wait to watch this group the next couple of years.

If I had a good team, I believe I would have played in the state tournament rather than a conference tournament. Wouldn't that be about like UK forgoing the NCAA tournament to play in the SEC tournament if they were held at the same?