Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite memory as a child?
Figured this would be pretty kool to do. So whats everyones favorite childhood memory?
Hmmm..Probably playing basketball in our rooms, me and TidesHoss32 and my oldest brother. We used to get wire coat racks and tape like 10 of them together in a circle making a rim and the just make like a 4 inch stick with the hangover after the circle is made and just shut the door and no matter how hard you dunked it, the little coathanger rim would just pop back up! Also remember the backyard football days and the battles on the basketball court outside of both of the childhood houses that we lived in. Man how this thread brings back memories!
Eatin' Cheese.
My favorite childhood memory would have to be when I was in headstart, my Grandma was my teacher, and everyday I would ride the bus to my Grandparents house(which wasnt about 500 feet from the school itself) and my Grandpa would be there waiting on me to get off the bus and we would go get something to eat and then would watch the trees grow that my Aunt had planted in there yard. He always said to me "one day these trees will be as big as you". Now they are and I will never forget those precious moments I had with my Papa.
Awesome -Stat-! Grandparents are priceless! I lost my grandma this year amd can think of a million memories with her! She was the glue to our entire family! Miss her dearly!
My fondest memories are of going to my grandmothers on Sunday's and having dinner. She was one heck of a cook!! She could make the best cornbread (I still don't eat anyone else's) out of sweet milk and vinegar! Chicken and dumplings, hot rolls, green beans, homemade cakes, and TONS of other stuff!! My cousins and I would gather together and play games and roast marshmallows in her bedroom in the fireplace. She was a wonderful christian woman who was definatly one of kind. I miss her tremendously as she passed away in 89...
phs1986 Wrote:My fondest memories are of going to my grandmothers on Sunday's and having dinner. She was one heck of a cook!! She could make the best cornbread (I still don't eat anyone else's) out of sweet milk and vinegar! Chicken and dumplings, hot rolls, green beans, homemade cakes, and TONS of other stuff!! My cousins and I would gather together and play games and roast marshmallows in her bedroom in the fireplace. She was a wonderful christian woman who was definatly one of kind. I miss her tremendously as she passed away in 89...

I know nothing of you, but the fact that you used the term "Sweet Milk" made me think of my MamMaw. I thank you, I havent heard it called that since she passed away.

The sweet milk and cornbread, mustard greens, plantin, a green onion, cooked cabbage, and soup beans. All I had to do was call and say i was bringing a couple guys home from college and she whipped up the best meals.

Nothing like introducing good country cooking to a Yankee from the Poconos, or a Hoosier who couldn't believe a weed could taste that good. I cracked up when she took them out in a field and showed them plantin, gave them a knife and a bag and said Pick us a mess. While I render us some fatback.
My memories have to do with my grandparents as well. I can't really pick one.

Doc, Your MamMaw was the Guardian Angel of your life when you were a child. She was certainly one to be called special.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I know nothing of you, but the fact that you used the term "Sweet Milk" made me think of my MamMaw. I thank you, I havent heard it called that since she passed away.

The sweet milk and cornbread, mustard greens, plantin, a green onion, cooked cabbage, and soup beans. All I had to do was call and say i was bringing a couple guys home from college and she whipped up the best meals.

Nothing like introducing good country cooking to a Yankee from the Poconos, or a Hoosier who couldn't believe a weed could taste that good. I cracked up when she took them out in a field and showed them plantin, gave them a knife and a bag and said Pick us a mess. While I render us some fatback.

I know nothing of you as well but... I'm glad I could help ya have a happy memory.... As for the sweet milk term... I guess old habits die hard.... she used it rather frequently and I kinda just picked it up!!
When I hear Cereals and Walmarts with the s on it, it always makes me think of my mamaw or when I hear when I am asleep and Someone says"Are ya up?" And I always use to think "I am now, lol". What I would give to hear that now!
Recess and pokemon lmao
there is many things i miss about childhood now it all is lame you do busy work allday in class and get a boring 15 minute break......i miss the 30 minute recess from elementary school and break was nothing but pop and candy it was great!! now they make us drink diet stuff until school is over its so lame
Probley my best memory was coming home from school and knowing that night Pike Central had a basketball game...I remember getting home from school with my mother and i would go straight to my room and get my Pike Central Jersey that my dad had made from me from TD Sporting Goods...i would sit there for 2 hrs just waiting for dad to get home...The away games were always the best b/c i would get to ride the bus and i woud think i was the real deal lol...i remember playing Pikeville all the time and Bart Willams would always come up to me and be like are you ready to trade that jersey in for a Pikeville one of course the answer would always be no but those memories are priceless...i do not think any thing gets better than being a little kid sitting there at district or regional tournament with the team being a Pike Central fan it was normaly heart ache after the game especially when we beat Johnshon Central in triple over time the turning aound the next night to lose to the cross town rival Pikeville...but all in all spending that time with my father and the players and David Rowe and Phillip Birchfield completly brings me to tears every time i think about them...If any of the players or coaches from the past get on here and read this thank you for all the memories they were great...