•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
SportsFan80 Wrote:Some of u better watch, these magoffin fans get hysterical when u talk about their team. God forbid anyone get on here and have anything bad to say about them, its like its a sin or something. All the girls that have been mentioned have all been great players this year, and if u are going to give a player of the year award to someone, i think it should be for what they have done this year, not past years. I dont really have a favorite, but if i were to pick one it would be Ratliff from PC. One other thing, The Fan, what right do u have to tell someone to get a life just because they look up stats and so on, looks to me like u dont have much of one either, u post as much as anyone if not more, and its always when someone has something to say about your precious Magoffin teams. If im not mistaken, arent u close to if not in your forties. Now ask yourself, who really needs to get out more and get a life? I love and watch many different sports, I do not like/dislike any one team or player any more than the others, im an equal opportunity sports fan. I dont get mad if or when someone says something about me or whatever teams i like, if i did, i would be as immature as the people saying it.
that was a 14 year old kid that posted that , i dont write have the stuff i say i might have made 100 post on here he does and is no longer aloud to use it i just woke up and he was on here i am nowhere near 40 and dont worry about how old i am it was all takeing care of
The Fan Wrote:you need to get out more often you will find out there is life out there

UM no that is from a paper of her seniopr night!
so yes i have a life!!
You say that past accomplishments don't count. Ratliff has been out half of the year so how can she be one of the top players missing all the games she did? So what exactly are you trying to say?
Look What She Has Done While She Has Been Able To Play!
She's Done More With Her Injuries Then Most Have The Whole Season.her Ankles Are Still Not How They Use To Be,but She Still Tries To Play 150%. When She Was Hurt She Was There To Cheer Her Team On! When She Got Back On The Floor She Was Ready To Play, Helping Her Team Bet Top Ranked Belfry And Shelby Valley!

imo Its Between Haley And Ashley!!!!!!!
I would also have to agree with Trotline. Placing Haley and "horrible" in the same sentence is ignorant. You may need to watch some more basketball, girls, boys, pee-wee something because you must not know what you are talking about. Haley is the best player in the region but I do agree she has been injured and may not be able to win the award (not sure what sort of criteria they will be looking for). If not Haley then definitely AJ, she is exciting to watch and has the heart of a champion, it is a shame that we have to pick one. Haley just doesn't go out and score 30 anymore. She makes everyone else better by just being on the floor. She controls the game like no other player in the 15th. She makes moves that has you gasping and saying wow out loud. She does have some incredible stats but that is not what all Haley brings to the court it is so much more. "Horrible" makes me laugh.
Haley is a great talent, she pays hard, she scores, she rebounds the ball well and she is a good passer. But if anyone has watched Ashley Jade play at her best, she is absolutely amazing, some of the things that she does on the basketball court is crazy, how many times have you ever seen a 5'4 point guard get quadruple double's, which is my first arguement on why she is better. She creates shot's better than anyone I have ever seen, her ability to change her shot in mid air is something you don't see much in girls basketbal, especially for a point guard. Also Ashley play's on a team with Brittany, Michaela, Ashley Hall, those are player's if you ask me could probably be the go to player on most teams. Haley Ratliff is great, but I think that Ashley Jade is better. JMO.
The Fan Wrote:cause thats where they wanted to go

Not to mention that is where former teammate calloray howard is playing ball so that could have been a major factor in them deciding that... but to get back on subject here Ashley Jade has to be the poty in the 15th the only person who was gonna give her a run for her money (Haley Ratliff) has been out most of the year so how can you possibly give the award to someone who has played a significantlly smaller number of games
You all continue to talk about Haley Ratliff! She had a bad year! She missed a lot of games. I am sure she would have had a great year but she didn't. You all continue to put her career stats on here which are great and most atheletes do not accomplish what she has in her years of playing. BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYER OF THE YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Year which means this year 2006-2007. I know that you all are smarter than that.

Ashley Jade is in a class of her own!!!
[QUOTE=Faith]You all continue to talk about Haley Ratliff! She had a bad year! She missed a lot of games. I am sure she would have had a great year but she didn't. You all continue to put her career stats on here which are great and most atheletes do not accomplish what she has in her years of playing. BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYER OF THE YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Year which means this year 2006-2007. I know that you all are smarter than that.

Ashley Jade is in a class of her own!!![/QUOTE

That all sounds good, but Haley hasn't had a bad year, she's just missed some games. And if it only goes by stats and not actually what they mean to their teams then Ashley has had a better statistical year in one category: Points. Haley has as many steals and more rebounds and assists per game.
Trotline Wrote:[QUOTE=Faith]You all continue to talk about Haley Ratliff! She had a bad year! She missed a lot of games. I am sure she would have had a great year but she didn't. You all continue to put her career stats on here which are great and most atheletes do not accomplish what she has in her years of playing. BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYER OF THE YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Year which means this year 2006-2007. I know that you all are smarter than that.

That all sounds good, but Haley hasn't had a bad year, she's just missed some games. And if it only goes by stats and not actually what they mean to their teams then Ashley has had a better statistical year in one category: Points. Haley has as many steals and more rebounds and assists per game.

I wouldn't bet on that either. Ashley was second in rebounding last year. . . would like to have the stats to compare that argument!
BleedsBlue Wrote::flame:You're the one who needs some assistance in knowing what you are "talking about" in my opinion. I can bet that Trotline has seen a heck of a lot more games than you have and for certain is valid on this point - get over it - we all know not everyone is a Haley fan but this girl deserves the crown and has adequate stats to back up any point you want to make. Injury or no injury she has had an outstanding year. She has matured and become an overall great teammate for the younger members.

I am a big haley fan. My God who is not! She has accomplished tons! I think that she is a great player, one of the best I have seen. I still think that this year has been a down year compaired to the rest of the years. Good luck to her and all the teams competing in the region. Should be one of the best ones yet.:Clap:
Trotline Wrote:[QUOTE=Faith]You all continue to talk about Haley Ratliff! She had a bad year! She missed a lot of games. I am sure she would have had a great year but she didn't. You all continue to put her career stats on here which are great and most atheletes do not accomplish what she has in her years of playing. BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYER OF THE YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Year which means this year 2006-2007. I know that you all are smarter than that.

And would you like to share this information with the rest of us?
Because I can produce Ashley's stats; can you produce Haley's?
when is this award giving out.?
lol you all are just forgetting about esther fleming
I still think it is between Haley Ratliff, and Ashley J Howard.
IMO Haley Ratliff can not be in contention for it... because she missed to much of the season it should be down between Ester Flemming, Ashley Jade Howard, and even maybe Kendra Carrol, but I know that Haley Ratliff has had a great player and a great career, but due to the injury don't think she has a chance to win........
Tricky Wrote:[QUOTE=Trotline]

And would you like to share this information with the rest of us?
Because I can produce Ashley's stats; can you produce Haley's?

9.6 rebounds, 4.3 steals, and 7.1 assists. All three would be a little higher if she could have not gotten hurt in the 1st quarter of the Grundy game. In that one she already had nine points, but only 1 assist and 1 rebound.
does it say in the rules or something, a player has to play in every game?.. I thought it was based on what they have done this year and Haley has done alot, so imo she is still in the running.... not to take away from what Ashley has done or Esther I just think she is still in it.
I also think if any of the three girls get it....... they deserve it and I WILL BE HAPPY FOR THEM , they are all great players and I think all of us will miss seeing them play next year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THREE GIRLS..
I say that Esther Fleming should get it...she has played for valley for years upon years, and she has worked very hard. She just finished her 2000th point. She definitely deserves it.
alleycat53 Wrote:I say that Esther Fleming should get it...she has played for valley for years upon years, and she has worked very hard. She just finished her 2000th point. She definitely deserves it.
Did she score all 2000 this year? It's about this year people not their career. Don't get me wrong, I think she's in the running, but not for a 2000 point career. What she does this year is all that counts. Player of the year, not Player of the career.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:HALEY RATLIFF ALL THE WAY....................I don't anyone who has done what she has done in her career.

Yet another PLAYER of the CAREER voter.
alleycat53 Wrote:I say that Esther Fleming should get it...she has played for valley for years upon years, and she has worked very hard. She just finished her 2000th point. She definitely deserves it.
Ashley Howard and Haley Ratliff have also played since the 6th grade and both are over 2000 points shouldnt they deserve it to
Ashley Jade Howard thru 23 games, 2006-2007 season, missed four games due to injury, limited minutes vs Sheldon Clark first game back from injury. Stats does not include West Carter game where she also played limited minutes.

3 pt% - 37%, 2 pt% - 56%, Fg% - 52%, Ft% - 76%, assists- 4.4, rebounds 6.2, steals 3.1, points 21.1.
Scored in double figures in all games except Warren Central and McCreary Central, 5 games of 30 points or more.

All three girls are great players and have done a lot to bring girls basketball to the level of popularity it is at in Eastern Ky, I wish we could reward all of them. But I have to go with Ashley, she is my favorite.
The Fan Wrote:Ashley Howard and Haley Ratliff have also played since the 6th grade and both are over 2000 points shouldnt they deserve it to

Haley has played since 5th
people dont need to take this stuff personaly WE do no get to pick it anyways.We all have are favorites NATURALLY Magoffin will say Ashley, Valley will say Esther and Central will say Haley. I know I am a Hawk and IMO I think Haley or Ashley could get it, But im not saying Esther is not good!! I just think its 23 or 5 IMO. Ashley and Haley dont fight and brag im going to get or BLAH BLAH BLAH. Yes it as HUGE accomplishment and yes it is a GREAT thing but we all need to realize WE dont get to pick it!
Not to sound like a B**ch or anything, because I have argued on here aloty about this topic, But if u go through here and read we all basicly say its ASHLEY or HALEY!
It's going to be ashame to see these girls go.This senior class is so talented!
WE WILL SEE WHO GETS THE CROWN VERY SOON!
does anyone know what schools Ashley and Haley were recruited?? I know Kendra was recruited by Vandy but decided to go to WCU
cardinalfan27 Wrote:does anyone know what schools Ashley and Haley were recruited?? I know Kendra was recruited by Vandy but decided to go to WCU
Nevermind
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:Haley has played since 5th
excuse me
I agree it is between Ashley Jade and Haley. Both are deserving of the award but only one will get the award. It doesnt matter who gets it, they both have accomplished a lot in their careers and Eastern Ky will never foget either of them. Good luck to both of you in your futures.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next