Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KYMSFA 2016 Regional Finals October 22nd
When is the last time we had a game as anticipated as Meece/New Harlan? Feel like we've been quietly building up to this one all year.
Belfry0304 Wrote:When is the last time we had a game as anticipated as Meece/New Harlan? Feel like we've been quietly building up to this one all year.
I believe they were building it up last year, then Pikeville beat New Harlan, but I myself can't remember one being built up this much.
Region 4 definitely has the best teams. But there are going to be some great games elsewhere. Region 2 TK Stone vs Clark Moore's could be one of the best game. 2 really good teams there. Foley vs Glasgow should be too evenly matched teams. Also all 4 games in region 3 will be great. Lex Cath did beat Belfry. Could be great semi-final rematch!
Region 4 is the Alabama's, Ohio State's, Michigan's, Clemson's. All other regions are your Houston's, Boise State's, Western Michigan's. There will be good games in other regions, but they won't be the caliber as region 4 will present Saturday. If I was a football fan in general, I would be making the trip to Belfry this weekend.
Everyone talking region 4..Im gonna give my predictions for all the other regions:

Region 1 - Edmonson County High School

8th D3 OWENSBORO CATHOLIC
7th GRAVES COUNTY
8th D2 LOGAN COUNTY
8th D1 CHRISTIAN COUNTY

Region 2 - Campbellsville University

8th D1 JOHNSON TRADITIONAL
8th D3 FOLEY
8th D2 TK STONE
7th MEADE

Region 3- Christian Academy of Louisville

D2 LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
7th NEWBURG
D1 NEWBURG vs ANDERSON COUNTY (toss up, Newburg is fast, Anderson is big/hard hitters)
8th D3 CAL

Only have one true toss up in all these games and that will be the Newburg/Anderson game. I know both coaches are gonna be prepared for this battle.

Just cause I don't wanna leave out region 4:

Region 4- belfry High School

8th D3 Meece (informed they are fully healthy. I know NH has good size, but I know meece has a nice QB and RB. I take them slightly over NH)
7th NORTHERN PULASKI
8th D1 NORTHERN PULASKI (history, 7th grade champ has always returned to win 8th title)
8th D2 BELFRY (hard to pick against the Pirates)
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Everyone talking region 4..Im gonna give my predictions for all the other regions:

Region 1 - Edmonson County High School

8th D3 OWENSBORO CATHOLIC
7th GRAVES COUNTY
8th D2 LOGAN COUNTY
8th D1 CHRISTIAN COUNTY

Region 2 - Campbellsville University

8th D1 JOHNSON TRADITIONAL
8th D3 FOLEY
8th D2 TK STONE
7th MEADE

Region 3- Christian Academy of Louisville

D2 LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
7th NEWBURG
D1 NEWBURG vs ANDERSON COUNTY (toss up, Newburg is fast, Anderson is big/hard hitters)
8th D3 CAL

Only have one true toss up in all these games and that will be the Newburg/Anderson game. I know both coaches are gonna be prepared for this battle.

Just cause I don't wanna leave out region 4:

Region 4- belfry High School

8th D3 NEW HARLAN (might change this if Meece is at full health)
7th NORTHERN PULASKI
8th D1 NORTHERN PULASKI (history, 7th grade champ has always returned to win 8th title)
8th D2 BELFRY (hard to pick against the Pirates)
Meece is 100% full health
I don't think this game will be as good as anticipated.I believe Meece wins 48-16. The running back #8 I think for NH will break away for a couple TD's but Meece will wear him down before the 2nd half!
I wouldn't count that baby out #8 he plays with more heart then most as far as wearing him down that is something I don't see happening.. But I do believe it will be a good game.. I just wouldn't count NH out..
#8 is probably the fastest running back in middle school. And our strength well that's speaks for itself. Not to mention we played the toughest schedule in the state didn't think we bow down. Only loss is to the best team in D2 Belfrey. Good luck to both teams it's gonna be the game of the day.
CawoodMomma Wrote:I wouldn't count that baby out #8 he plays with more heart then most as far as wearing him down that is something I don't see happening.. But I do believe it will be a good game.. I just wouldn't count NH out..
No one counting them out, and as it said he will score. He's a great player, but he will have to deal with the fast team they have played all year, and the best run defense they've seen, because I know Northern had players out on there Defense, and #8 is the fastest player on NH but about 6-7 players on Meece Def has faster or same speed. It's going to be a amazing game. Good Luck to both teams
At least no one is complaining that New Harlan is in D3...hehe

Wish these game were being streamed so the rest of the state could watch these battles.

I will see everyone on championship Sunday (at tryouts and games).

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow in the games, please post updates for the games you attend so the rest of us can keep track of them.
SWpride Wrote:No one counting them out, and as it said he will score. He's a great player, but he will have to deal with the fast team they have played all year, and the best run defense they've seen, because I know Northern had players out on there Defense, and #8 is the fastest player on NH but about 6-7 players on Meece Def has faster or same speed. It's going to be a amazing game. Good Luck to both teams
All I am saying is you said score would be 48-16 sounding like you was counting them out to me.. I believe it will be a tougher game then that
SWpride Wrote:Meece is 100% full health

So their QB is back? If so I don't think any team any division can beat them. Their line is huge, he is super elusive, and has a cannon for an arm. Our DEs, backers and DBs are really fast and we barely got a hand on him
SWpride Wrote:Meece is 100% full health
I thought Meece lost their top QB for the year with a knee injury? The back up is pretty good but not the caliber player of the injured player. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also saw their cornerback the other day and his arm was in a cast. I don't think he is playing. And the outside linebacker that was on crutches. Is he healthy? Those are 3 pretty solid players and lots of speed lost on the defensive side. I will definitely pick Meece if those 3 are back and healthy. If they are not it will be a toss up for me.
CawoodMomma Wrote:All I am saying is you said score would be 48-16 sounding like you was counting them out to me.. I believe it will be a tougher game then that

He didn't say the score would be 48-16.I said the score would be 48-16 and I am counting them out! I think Meece will run all over NH! Just my opinion I could be wrong,but I'm ok with being wrong from time to time!
Mustang Jax Wrote:He didn't say the score would be 48-16.I said the score would be 48-16 and I am counting them out! I think Meece will run all over NH! Just my opinion I could be wrong,but I'm ok with being wrong from time to time!

Actually I didn't see who I t was from reading the post thought you was the one I was talking too.. You can count them out all you want but I promise you #8 want quit or give up by second half.. He has more heart then any kid I know and trust in him completly and the rest of our team also ..they are strong and don't give up when down guess we will see Tommorow because I have full faith in New Harlan.. but good luck to both teams because after it is said and done it is about these babies and their game not a bunch of parents arguing..
I never said a score, #8 great player. But know were near fastest in state. 2nd power, big makes me wonder if NH has even seen film of meece. They're line isn't chubby kids they r huge with speed. NH has been scored on by teams with very little speed and will be matched with one of the best run defense they've seen. If I come off harsh is because I am accusing me when I said it will be a good game. NH has to get up early in morning be almost 3 hrs on a bus that's a lot on kids to play a team of they're size and speed. Good luck to both teams 32-14 meece. Note kid on crutches back, corner is suppose to be back was not key starter, original qb not one with knee injury but original qb just as talented.
With Meece playing the back up QB, I will take Meece 38-36 in a barn burner. Should be a good game. Northern wins in D1 and 7th. D2 Belfry wins to round out my picks.
2 hours and 15 min drive for us and whether it was that or 6 hours... We are more than ready! All this talk about speed... got me thinking y'all don't know Patriots at all! Good luck to all teams tomorrow, gonna be a great day in the mountains!
Bell is not even a thought to best Belfry There really good , hope to make a good showing !!!
BobcatPride74 Wrote:Bell is not even a thought to best Belfry There really good , hope to make a good showing !!!

I hope bell has a good showing as well. This belfry team isn't the one of the past, but the fact that Bell has to travel 2-1/2 hours to play Belfry on there home field is scary even if they were a terrible team.
Bell , northern, Corbin, new Harlan long trips was told today Meece took team up today to Belfry. Hope safe travel for all teams, and hope someone sends updates to keep us at in on what's happening.
Nice crisp morning to start of Regional Championships. Good luck everyone
Good luck to all teams and young men everyone has worked hard !!safe travels!!
Meece vs NH I'm going with New Harlan both teams are very good especially at full health but New Harlan is a hard nosed team who could wear out almost any team. Last year I believe they had 7 7th grade starters who played great with teams who were starting all 8th graders
Teams are warming up now. Intense atmosphere.
Halftime out of Belfry..... NEW HARLAN PATRIOTS 29-0 ! Doubters keep doubting!!!!
New Haraln was counted out way to fast.. New Harlan 42 .. Meece 6.. One proud Patriot momma
Everyone counted out our Patriots way to prove everyone wrong. 42-6 New Harlan
blackcats2016 Wrote:Region 4 predictions:
Game 1: both teams have have came off 46 plus games against not bad teams. I have meece. Just because of speed and size

Looks like Meece needed a little more speed and a little more size to match up with the Patriots lol.

Patriots win 42-6.