Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region cats pause
Anybody got the ratings of both teams and players for this season?
1 Knott Central
2 Perry Central
3 Leslie County
4 Hazard
5 Breathitt County
6 Letcher Central
7 Estill County
8 Owsley County
9 Lee County
10 Powell County

1 Jada Higgins (Knott)
2 Macie Gibson (Owsley)
3 Kristen Waugh (Knott)
4 Lindsey Proffitt (Perry)
5 Emily Griffith (Leslie)
6 Hayley Caudill (Hazard)
7 Hannah Kash (Lee)
8 Amy Brewer (Breathitt)
9 Olivia Bates (Breathitt)
10 Sydni Hall (Perry)
10 Shelby Hall (Letcher)
1 KCC
2 Haz
3 PCC
4 Leslie
5 Letcher
6 Breathitt
7 Owsley
8 Powell
9 Estill
10 Lee

Profitt PCC
M Gibson Owsley
Waugh KCC
Caudill Haz
E Griffith Leslie
Holifield KCC
Kash Lee
Higgins KCC
Brewer Breathitt
S Hall (PCC)/Sparks (Leslie)
Strikeout King Wrote:1 Knott Central
2 Perry Central
3 Leslie County
4 Hazard
5 Breathitt County
6 Letcher Central
7 Estill County
8 Owsley County
9 Lee County
10 Powell County

1 Jada Higgins (Knott)
2 Macie Gibson (Owsley)
3 Kristen Waugh (Knott)
4 Lindsey Proffitt (Perry)
5 Emily Griffith (Leslie)
6 Hayley Caudill (Hazard)
7 Hannah Kash (Lee)
8 Amy Brewer (Breathitt)
9 Olivia Bates (Breathitt)
10 Sydni Hall (Perry)
10 Shelby Hall (Letcher)

This is actually what came straight from the Cats Pause magazine...I think Eastern Kentucky user made the list of what they think the region will be...Just clarifying
Thanks Strikeout King, you were correct. Does the cat pause list teams and players or just teams?
Both teams and players.
[Image:

]

Ole fatpat going with the obvious:

1. Higgins (Knott)
2. Waugh (Knott)
3. Gibson (Owsley)
4. Holifield (Knott)
5. Profitt (Perry)
6. Kash (Lee)
7. Harrington (Knott)
8. Griffith (Leslie)
9. Hall (Perry)
10. Caudill (Hazard)

#honeycuttloadedlikeabuggyatfirstofthemonth More mash taters please!!!
Knott County should be the team to beat this year. Perry central and Leslie Co will be close behind them. The Sleeper is Hazard.
No disrespect to anyone else. But the number 1 player in the 14th region resides in Owsley County. Macie Gibson
Anyone that can argue with that hasn't seen her play.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1cmg2a.gif] Triple Wowza! Patspause baby! Ole Fatpat pumped up as Jada train comes through brutha! PATRIOT FEVER BABY! Statebound this year boi! #neverforget3-8-15or2-29-16 More mash taters please!!!
I have to agree with you street outlaw, she's a baller. Higgins is an exceptional athlete with a huge upside but based on their body of work I think Gibson, Profitt and Waugh are the top 3 players.
I forgot to put Griffith in that conversation too nice all around player.
I think Passtheball is right there with his top 3 picks. If you look at more than personal stats, but also their value to there teams, Caudill and Griffith has to be in the top five. Think about the drop in the level of play or their competitiveness of each team if they lost Gibson, Proffit, Waugh, Griffith, or Caudill. Factor in some dirty words,,,,turnovers/steals, rebounds, assists and the biggy DEFENSE without the holding, tripping and tackling of another player. How many of the top ten would still be there?
[Image:

]

thinking that outlaw, won't give me the ball, and east of nowhere all favor, wowza!

Jada is driving this train baby all the way to big baked tater arena, plain and simple. I'll try to come up with a three headed patriot shirt for you so you can join the bandwagon.

#multiplepersonalitiesarewelcometoo More mash taters please!!!
Is that suppose to mean something. You may have to clarify what your trying to say.
There will be no bandwagon. Conversation starts and ends with Gibson.
Proffitt and Hall will be the best combo in the region and by tournament, PCC will be the favorite. Gibson is a great player but I have to give the edge to Proffitt. Those 2 played each other in a preseason scrimmage and Proffitt took over in the 4th and JBS won. She can play any position on the floor.
Best Combo? Doesn't Profitt have to become eligible first? I thought KHSAA rules state that she has to become eligible before she can even practice with PCC. 3 schools in 3 years with JBS having a team this year. Not sure how she can get eligible.
When did Proffitt transfer from Perry to JBS? Did I miss something?
Valley to JBS then to PCC.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Proffitt and Hall will be the best combo in the region and by tournament, PCC will be the favorite. Gibson is a great player but I have to give the edge to Proffitt. Those 2 played each other in a preseason scrimmage and Proffitt took over in the 4th and JBS won. She can play any position on the floor.

I didn't know anyone was playing right now. Did I miss something.
To clarify, I was talking about last season when Proffitt was at JBS.
Proffitt is eligible
[Image: http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads...niC43d.gif] Wowza! Ole Randy Napper slick as ole Billy sneaking around smurfs feet baby! Playas jus falling from the sky! SMH! Looky here,Pats had a chance to land too but only room for passengers cause we loaded up and got room for just one driver brutha! Catspause ranked the driva number one bruh! Plain and simple and with the recent gift coming through,Ladypats be rolling to stata with the number one playa! #cantoutsneakjpc&honeycutta More mash taters please!!!
Not yet she isn't.
Hey Dr. I just looked at the links you provided. WOW!! I didn't know that info was available. I tried to find Gibsons stats, but could not. How can Proffitt not be ranked # 1?
I think Gibson scored 19 ppg and 11 rebounds last year.

She's going to have a very young supporting cast this year with a possibility of three 8th graders starting, a sophomore, and Macie, who is a junior. Most of the subs are 8th grade and freshmen as well. It's a very good young team but with a big emphasis on YOUNG. However, a lot of local folk who have followed the middle school girls the past two years feel their addition to the team will actually make them slightly better than last year, simply because the guard play could possibly be better, quicker, and less prone to turnovers, something that really plaqued the Lady Owls last season.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_47617_0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_47614_0

Stats don't lie

What's the old line about statistics don't lie but liars can figure.

According to that theory, Jimmer Fredette is the great college basketball player in the country the last 30 years since he scored the most points.
I guess Ervin Stepp is the best player from the mountains the last 40 years.

It's about who you were playing with and who are you playing against. The best player doesn't always score the most points.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_47617_0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_47614_0

Stats don't lie

[Image:

]

All I know is that Perry better have a good plumber on speed dial because the Jada Train will turn her water off as fast as ole fatpat can eat Sunday dinner, triple wowza!

#pipewrenchwillbeneeded More mash taters please!!!
HCS Wrote:What's the old line about statistics don't lie but liars can figure.

According to that theory, Jimmer Fredette is the great college basketball player in the country the last 30 years since he scored the most points.
I guess Ervin Stepp is the best player from the mountains the last 40 years.

It's about who you were playing with and who are you playing against. The best player doesn't always score the most points.

I agree completely. That's why I shared the stats. She does more than score the ball. Efficiency is the most important part of the game. 50-40-80 is efficient... Along with 9.3 rpg.