Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Debate #2
I can't believe you guys haven't discussed this already!!

So, besides Hillary's weight gain, what do you think?
Granny Bear Wrote:I can't believe you guys haven't discussed this already!!

So, besides Hillary's weight gain, what do you think?

Whichever way they vote, I hope folks will vote on the issues that will shape the direction of the country, and not on the "Jersey Shore" type reality show stuff that drives ratings for major news outlets.

I thought Trump was more effective last night, especially the last hour or so.
I don't think it matters. Unless Hillary drops dead with a heart attack, I think she will be the first female President of the US. I really hate the fact that she represents my gender.
Of course, the way that Bill was glaring at Trump last night, HE may be the one to drop dead! Confusednicker:

I thought the media bias was very obvious last night. At one time, Martha was actually debating Trump instead of asking questions; and the time allotted for the candidates was unfair, too. IMO

This will probably be the last Presidential election that I will be able to vote in. I really really dread her Presidency because of my grandchildren.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't think it matters. Unless Hillary drops dead with a heart attack, I think she will be the first female President of the US. I really hate the fact that she represents my gender.
Of course, the way that Bill was glaring at Trump last night, HE may be the one to drop dead! Confusednicker:

I thought the media bias was very obvious last night. At one time, Martha was actually debating Trump instead of asking questions; and the time allotted for the candidates was unfair, too. IMO

This will probably be the last Presidential election that I will be able to vote in. I really really dread her Presidency because of my grandchildren.

May I ask what will Hillary Clinton do if elected that would make America such a negative place that your grandchildren will find their lives unsatisfactory?
Her values suck. Not that Trump's are much better, but Hillary has extremely liberal perspectives. Mostly, I believe that she will appoint a liberal for SCOTUS replacement and that effects everyone. TRT just presented a plausible scenario about OPEC in another thread that would have long term effects. I truly believe that she would do ANYTHING to promote herself. I disagree with her foreign policy and am afraid of her immigration regulations.

Those are only a few things I believe will negatively impact future generations. I've always believed that those who work hard will eventually succeed in their dreams and be able to have more than just the necessities of life. Hillary will run this country on the backs of those kinds of people. She promotes a horrible work ethic and supports things like free cell phones, free healthcare and sanctuary cities. I do not.
Granny Bear Wrote:Her values suck. Not that Trump's are much better, but Hillary has extremely liberal perspectives. Mostly, I believe that she will appoint a liberal for SCOTUS replacement and that effects everyone. TRT just presented a plausible scenario about OPEC in another thread that would have long term effects. I truly believe that she would do ANYTHING to promote herself. I disagree with her foreign policy and am afraid of her immigration regulations.

Those are only a few things I believe will negatively impact future generations. I've always believed that those who work hard will eventually succeed in their dreams and be able to have more than just the necessities of life. Hillary will run this country on the backs of those kinds of people. She promotes a horrible work ethic and supports things like free cell phones, free healthcare and sanctuary cities. I do not.

I have kids, and assume I'll have a few grandchildren. They will grow up in a nation where they are free to attend the church, mosque, temple of their choice without fear of governmental intervention.

I do not think a cheap-as-they-come smart phone with 500 minutes included will ruin my grandchildren's lives.

I am no fan of Hillary Clinton. I believe her husband made less of the Democratic Party, not more, though he did model a shrewdness politically that helped the Dems compete in corporate fund raising. However, this nation, in my view, is more than its lowest common denominator politicians. I have hope for this nation, the home of my kids, and perhaps grandkids.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I have kids, and assume I'll have a few grandchildren. They will grow up in a nation where they are free to attend the church, mosque, temple of their choice without fear of governmental intervention.

I do not think a cheap-as-they-come smart phone with 500 minutes included will ruin my grandchildren's lives.

I am no fan of Hillary Clinton. I believe her husband made less of the Democratic Party, not more, though he did model a shrewdness politically that helped the Dems compete in corporate fund raising. However, this nation, in my view, is more than its lowest common denominator politicians. I have hope for this nation, the home of my kids, and perhaps grandkids.

No, the cell phone won't ruin your grandchildren's lives. But how about the theology behind the idea?

When one is rewarded for sitting on their ass and doing nothing but complaining......someone is paying for that cheap phone and it certainly isn't the user.

I don't agree with that kind of ideology.
[quote=Granny Bear]No, the cell phone won't ruin your grandchildren's lives. But how about the theology behind the idea?

When one is rewarded for sitting on their ass and doing nothing but complaining......someone is paying for that cheap phone and it certainly isn't the user.

I don't agree with that kind of ideology.[/QUOTE/]
I understand your point. I just don't think the lives of my kids or their kids are going to go straight to dung because of "something for nothing" welfare programs.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Granny Bear]No, the cell phone won't ruin your grandchildren's lives. But how about the theology behind the idea?

I understand your point. I just don't think the lives of my kids or their kids are going to go straight to dung because of "something for nothing" welfare programs.

Well, growing up in a society where parents are raising kids in a unisex environment, and later asking their children what sex they 'feel' that they are, things are looking pretty bleak if you ask me. Where insurance underwriters and mortgage companies are asking clients if their gender has changed, and where Presidents campaign across the globe for homosexual rights. Where the people are supposedly feeling uncomfortable in using toilets designed to accommodate the male female genitalia because they're confused about that and feeling pressured in making the decision as to which bathroom they should use.

Call me an alarmist, but when people start getting to the point where they don't know if they're a boy or a girl from week to week, that's pretty bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=Granny Bear]No, the cell phone won't ruin your grandchildren's lives. But how about the theology behind the idea?

I disagree
Granny Bear Wrote:I thought the media bias was very obvious last night. At one time, Martha was actually debating Trump instead of asking questions; and the time allotted for the candidates was unfair, too. IMO.

Clinton spoke for 38 minutes and 29 seconds
Trump spoke for 39 minutes and 7 seconds

Seems pretty even to me.

Clinton interrupted Trump 1 time, and spoke over the moderator 20 times.

Trump interrupted Clinton 13 times, and spoke over the moderator 31 times.

Debate
Did you time that for yourself, Motley or is that what the media reported?
Granny Bear Wrote:Did you time that for yourself, Motley or is that what the media reported?

Politico Link
Motley Wrote:Politico Link

Anybody who couldn't see the mods were Hillary backers is either incapable of making viable observation, or they are willfully ignorant. The mods are there to supply topics for discussion, not prosecute a point of view or an agenda. If Trump's shortfalls are fair game, then so are Hillary's. We've had two debates and so far Hilary has been given a pass on her record, while Trump has been grilled.

One has given hundreds of press conferences, while one has refused such access by the people for over a year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

Well, growing up in a society where parents are raising kids in a unisex environment, and later asking their children what sex they 'feel' that they are, things are looking pretty bleak if you ask me. Where insurance underwriters and mortgage companies are asking clients if their gender has changed, and where Presidents campaign across the globe for homosexual rights. Where the people are supposedly feeling uncomfortable in using toilets designed to accommodate the male female genitalia because they're confused about that and feeling pressured in making the decision as to which bathroom they should use.

Call me an alarmist, but when people start getting to the point where they don't know if they're a boy or a girl from week to week, that's pretty bad.

I am sure we all went to school with a few folks who didn't seem comfortable at all with their gender. They seemed a boy trapped in a female body, or, more often, the opposite. It is not sin to experience gender confusion, nor to notice its existence. I think a bit of compassion in at least recognizing it as a struggle some folks have would be helpful.
Granny Bear Wrote:No, the cell phone won't ruin your grandchildren's lives. But how about the theology behind the idea?

I don't agree with that kind of ideology.

Look no further than LBJ's eastern Kentucky visit with his War on Poverty and the 40 years of continued efforts by Carl D. Perkins to pinpoint eastern Kentucky's forever dependence on government assistance.
Bob Seger Wrote:Look no further than LBJ's eastern Kentucky visit with his War on Poverty and the 40 years of continued efforts by Carl D. Perkins to pinpoint eastern Kentucky's forever dependence on government assistance.

You left out one thing
They vote Republican
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

I am sure we all went to school with a few folks who didn't seem comfortable at all with their gender. They seemed a boy trapped in a female body, or, more often, the opposite. It is not sin to experience gender confusion, nor to notice its existence. I think a bit of compassion in at least recognizing it as a struggle some folks have would be helpful.

You seem a little dazed yourself, LOL. And, it is a sin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You seem a little dazed yourself, LOL. And, it is a sin.

To experience gender confusion is not sin in my view. In fact, I know of situations where teens born with male/female genitalia and abnormally low/high levels of testosterone/estrogen had to seek a sort of bioidentical hormone treatments.

You are wrong here, TRT. And mean-spirited, which is worse.

To experience gender confusion is not sin in my view. In fact, I know of situations where teens born with male/female genitalia and abnormally low/high levels of testosterone/estrogen had to seek a sort of bioidentical hormone treatments.

You are wrong here, TRT. And mean-spirited, which is worse.

No, I'm not wrong. What I think doesn't matter, what God says about it is all inclusive and He says this;
Genesis 1:27 (KJV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

If you see more than two sexual groups in this passage you're seeing something I don't. But this is why so many, and I suspect you, do not like the King James Version. No room to wiggle around and subvert the truth into the some sort of more liberally palatable rationalization.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, I'm not wrong. What I think doesn't matter, what God says about it is all inclusive and He says this;
Genesis 1:27 (KJV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

If you see more than two sexual groups in this passage you're seeing something I don't. But this is why so many, and I suspect you, do not like the King James Version. No room to wiggle around and subvert the truth into the some sort of more liberally palatable rationalization.

I suspect the history of the KJV escapes you.

You refer back to original creation, before sin warped the cosmos, and introduced decay and imperfection. I know situations where gender confusion flowed from hormonal imbalances, and you are wrong, but imagine how hard it is for the blowhard to admit he's wrong when his very conceit won't allow him to see it.
vector Wrote:You left out one thing
They vote Republican

Since when were either LBJ or Carl D. Perkins ever a republican?...Common sense says that if Carl D. Perkins was a democrat, and he was elected into office, that the constituency voted for a democrat. Over and over and over again.......:eyeroll:

I suspect the history of the KJV escapes you.

You refer back to original creation, before sin warped the cosmos, and introduced decay and imperfection. I know situations where gender confusion flowed from hormonal imbalances, and you are wrong, but imagine how hard it is for the blowhard to admit he's wrong when his very conceit won't allow him to see it.

So, let me get this straight, you say that all of mankind are headed for a judgment. And that said judgment is to be based on a book of which God has referred to as His Living Word, but is nonetheless so flawed that we dare not depend on it's accuracy even though He has described It as perfect? And Hell then, may well await many hapless souls based on clerical errors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, let me get this straight, you say that all of mankind are headed for a judgment. And that said judgment is to be based on a book of which God has referred to as His Living Word, but is nonetheless so flawed that we dare not depend on it's accuracy even though He has described It as perfect? And Hell then, may well await many hapless souls based on clerical errors?

And thus came the straw from the loft from which to fashion a distraction.

The KJV is not simply plagued by clerical errors. With that said, the KJV is clear enough that no man who hears and obeys the truths it presents will err therein.

Sin warped the cosmos, thus all of creation groans in travail. The idea that gender confusion can be a hormonal levels issue does not reflect upon "male and female created he them" at all.

Why is a person born with heart defects? An open spine? Particularly vulnerable to juvenile onset diabetes? Similarly, the imperfection introduced into the human family by sin can result in issues with hormone levels. This in no way changes truth.
Whew, I usually quote people to whom I respond, but I'm not even going to put my words in the same box which contains that sort of blasphemous blather. You sidestepped the truth completely. Men will be judged, and they will be judged using God's Word, haven't you heard? My question was how a Perfect God, with absolute power could justify sending folks to eternal punishment if He could not even get His Word out to them in correct fashion? Maybe you see yourself as prosecuting that case before Him?

But you refuted your own argument in your post. It was through the introduction of sin into this world by which entered death. Both spiritual and physical death I might add, and some of the ramifications of sin are seen in the abnormalities you describe. People are born with all manner of physical woes and missing parts, that does not excuse them from the judgment unless they are mentally incapable of choosing between God and this world. But to make the leap that because some are born with abnormalities, the homosexual lifestyle is somehow on par with a missing limb is ridiculous. The homosexual lifestyle is a choice, not an ailment for which they should be accommodated on the level of the handicapped.

Men will be incapable of speech when they stand before God's Judgment bar. All of the lawyerly rationalizations will not be at all entertained or heard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Whew, I usually quote people to whom I respond, but I'm not even going to put my words in the same box which contains that sort of blasphemous blather. You sidestepped the truth completely. Men will be judged, and they will be judged using God's Word, haven't you heard? My question was how a Perfect God, with absolute power could justify sending folks to eternal punishment if He could not even get His Word out to them in correct fashion? Maybe you see yourself as prosecuting that case before Him?

But you refuted your own argument in your post. It was through the introduction of sin into this world by which entered death. Both spiritual and physical death I might add, and some of the ramifications of sin are seen in the abnormalities you describe. People are born with all manner of physical woes and missing parts, that does not excuse them from the judgment unless they are mentally incapable of choosing between God and this world. But to make the leap that because some are born with abnormalities, the homosexual lifestyle is somehow on par with a missing limb is ridiculous. The homosexual lifestyle is a choice, not an ailment for which they should be accommodated on the level of the handicapped.

Men will be incapable of speech when they stand before God's Judgment bar. All of the lawyerly rationalizations will not be at all entertained or heard.

The idea suggested was that gender confusion can have a biological origin that requires medical attention. From that, per usual, you constructed your own conclusions to suit the needs of your position. I have not here suggested that gender confusion makes disobedience a "free pass."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The idea suggested was that gender confusion can have a biological origin that requires medical attention. From that, per usual, you constructed your own conclusions to suit the needs of your position. I have not here suggested that gender confusion makes disobedience a "free pass."

Your argument is not with me but the Lord, I take my position according to what He has said and frankly, when parents are so goofy they ask their children if they feel like a boy or a girl, we live in strange days. That is where you entered the discussion and immediately justified such lunacy on biological grounds.

There is a big difference between people born with genital birth defects and those with a same sex bent, which unlike a birth defect is a choice. But it's obvious that the LGBT community would like to take your argument to justify their depravity. Those born with one of 60 recognized sex organ jurisdictional overlaps, number only 1 in 2,000. In any case one is a mutation, the other a spiritual/moral matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Your argument is not with me but the Lord, I take my position according to what He has said and frankly, when parents are so goofy they ask their children if they feel like a boy or a girl, we live in strange days. That is where you entered the discussion and immediately justified such lunacy on biological grounds.

There is a big difference between people born with genital birth defects and those with a same sex bent, which unlike a birth defect is a choice. But it's obvious that the LGBT community would like to take your argument to justify their depravity. Those born with one of 60 recognized sex organ jurisdictional overlaps, number only 1 in 2,000. In any case one is a mutation, the other a spiritual/moral matter.

Again, you seem to believe you get to refute points not made so as to augment your position.

If a hormonal problem leads to gender confusion, and that is not the only source of it, the question would not be about feeling like a boy or a girl, nor would it be a moral/spiritual matter, it would be a medical issue. As to same sex attraction, which is an entirely different issue, I am not making the same argument.

I have no quarrel with God, as I am merely seeking to point out that desiring mercy over sacrifice often means a nuanced position, not one that makes a mockery of God's ways, but one that seeks to understand how best to show grace and mercy and truth to an individual person.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, you seem to believe you get to refute points not made so as to augment your position.

If a hormonal problem leads to gender confusion, and that is not the only source of it, the question would not be about feeling like a boy or a girl, nor would it be a moral/spiritual matter, it would be a medical issue. As to same sex attraction, which is an entirely different issue, I am not making the same argument.

I have no quarrel with God, as I am merely seeking to point out that desiring mercy over sacrifice often means a nuanced position, not one that makes a mockery of God's ways, but one that seeks to understand how best to show grace and mercy and truth to an individual person.

It is amazing to read this stuff^^. Gender confusion is a mental disorder according to the doctors. "Throwing another monkey wrench in homosexual activists' claim that there is a "gay" gene-that homosexual behavior manifests from a biological condition rather than from a choice-a prominent psychiatrist argues that gender confusion is a temporary mental disorder that leads to suicidal tendencies, if nurtured."
http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/0...l-disorder
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:It is amazing to read this stuff^^. Gender confusion is a mental disorder according to the doctors. "Throwing another monkey wrench in homosexual activists' claim that there is a "gay" gene-that homosexual behavior manifests from a biological condition rather than from a choice-a prominent psychiatrist argues that gender confusion is a temporary mental disorder that leads to suicidal tendencies, if nurtured."
http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/0...l-disorder

Again, I am speaking specifically to gender confusion caused by male/female hormone balances that are askew. In a world where all of creation groans in travail, with all manner of dysfunction and corruption of original design, I struggle to fathom why you are so amazed.