Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre back in 2007
all I can say is... YES!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq...&type=lgns
Big time for Packers fans. I am pretty excited about this. This team can make a serious run at the playoffs next year with Favre running the show. At the end of last year, i wasnt sure he should have come back, but now im starting to believe he made the right decision.
corndog23 Wrote:Big time for Packers fans. I am pretty excited about this. This team can make a serious run at the playoffs next year with Favre running the show. At the end of last year, i wasnt sure he should have come back, but now im starting to believe he made the right decision.

Would hav ebeen the hottest team in the NFC (bar the Eagles) in the postseason if the Giants hadn't beat the Redskins in the last week...
FreakNasty Wrote:Would hav ebeen the hottest team in the NFC (bar the Eagles) in the postseason if the Giants hadn't beat the Redskins in the last week...

No doubt. The Packers will contend next year, maybe even with the Bears for the division.
Mr. Football is back for at least one more year!!...Id love to see him go out a winner. He deserves that much, and I think he made the right decision. Awesome!!!
Great decision and any football fan should agree! Favre is FOOTBALL!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Great decision and any football fan should agree! Favre is FOOTBALL!

But he's outstaying himself......... he should get to go out on his own terms, but people would like to remember him as a great Super Bowl quarterback, not the player he's been in the recent seasons.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
He appears to be chasing a few of the big time records at this point. Brett is a great QB and will have a decent year. I do feel as if the game has passed him some based on his age. He has been fun to watch.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Glad to see the ironman back for another round, GB has a young team and should make alot of noise next season.
BFritz Wrote:But he's outstaying himself......... he should get to go out on his own terms, but people would like to remember him as a great Super Bowl quarterback, not the player he's been in the recent seasons.

The "player he's been in recent seasons" is still better than a majority of qb's in the league...

His stat lines last year weren't all that bad... he threw 28 INT's in 05 with the worst team he has ever had (4 wins), with an injury plagued roster (he lost ahman green, najeh davenport, and Javon Walker was lost during week one)...

If you take the #1 receiver away from most qb's in the first week due to injury, they'll suffer...
I'm so excited about this.

I was watching espn about it an they said it was his 17th pro year. If you had a kid that started kindergarden during his rookie season, he now would be a junior in college. I thought that was crazy.

GO FARVE!!!!!!!
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Its amazing... I really hope he can show everyone he can still win and get into the playoffs.
FreakNasty Wrote:The "player he's been in recent seasons" is still better than a majority of qb's in the league...

His stat lines last year weren't all that bad... he threw 28 INT's in 05 with the worst team he has ever had (4 wins), with an injury plagued roster (he lost ahman green, najeh davenport, and Javon Walker was lost during week one)...

If you take the #1 receiver away from most qb's in the first week due to injury, they'll suffer...
Well Said!
Another OLD SCHOOL type player guys and he is still better than most young quarterbacks.Respect your elders guys and gals
Glad to see he is coming back for another year!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Another OLD SCHOOL type player guys and he is still better than most young quarterbacks.Respect your elders guys and gals

Couldn't agree more. :thumpsup:
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
There's a group of my friends on Facebook saying that they're glad he didn't retire and that it would be a crime. I posted this on the group messageboard:

I only joined this group so I could post on this board....... Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, but he's destroyed his name and his status as one of the best quarterbacks ever, and for what? So he can break a few more passing records? It's completely stupid and unfair to his fans and, most of all, his teammates. Lowest passer rating of his career last season, 3rd lowest passer rating this year (.5 better than the 2nd lowest); most INTs last year; 21 fewer TDs than his career high for a season, tied for lowest average yards per completion. He's over the hill, passed his prime, and on the downslope.

Let the man retire and go watch him play in a nursing home- that's where he belongs.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:There's a group of my friends on Facebook saying that they're glad he didn't retire and that it would be a crime. I posted this on the group messageboard:

I only joined this group so I could post on this board....... Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, but he's destroyed his name and his status as one of the best quarterbacks ever, and for what? So he can break a few more passing records? It's completely stupid and unfair to his fans and, most of all, his teammates. Lowest passer rating of his career last season, 3rd lowest passer rating this year (.5 better than the 2nd lowest); most INTs last year; 21 fewer TDs than his career high for a season, tied for lowest average yards per completion. He's over the hill, passed his prime, and on the downslope.

Let the man retire and go watch him play in a nursing home- that's where he belongs.

Favre is one of the last throwback types... I'll enjoy watching him play when he's 65... I'll even go down to the nursing home in Mississippi to do it as well... maybe offer a little play by play... Smile
This tickles me to death. I hope they at least make the play offs!
Im glad to him come back.
FreakNasty Wrote:all I can say is... YES!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq...&type=lgns

Did he find a new high powered pacemaker or something??
Fritz your the only one Im hearing saying anything negative about him coming back.
Saying that about him retiring Fritz is kinda like saying I hope they break Palmers leg.Just plain wrong!!I still like you fritz
brett favre returning is one of the best things for the packers ever-= good luck pakers-.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Fritz your the only one Im hearing saying anything negative about him coming back.

Most experts you'll find agree with me. He had a great career, he can't ruin it, but why keep having bad years and go out with people's last memories of you being horrible?
BFritz Wrote:Most experts you'll find agree with me. He had a great career, he can't ruin it, but why keep having bad years and go out with people's last memories of you being horrible?

Most experts? Golic, Schelerth (sp), Salisbury on ESPN think he should play till he can't walk...

On the NFL Network: Faulk, Woodson, Dukes, think he should come back...

I dont hear many "experts" sharing your opinion....

And this bad year stuff is inaccurate in all honesty...

Brett Favre 2006 numbers:

3885 yards passing, 18 TD, 18 INT

Not great, but let's compare those to other "star" quarterbacks in the league

Ben Roethlisburger:

3513 yards, 18 TD 23 INT

Eli Manning:

3244 yards, 24 TD, 18 INT

Tony Romo:

2903 yards, 19 TD, 13 INT

There are several more that I can put up if you'd like...

I'm not giving Favre a pass, he had a bad 2005, but last year was not half bad with one of the youngest teams in the league for a 36 year old man... Quite simply, Favre did a heck of a job with the young talent he had...
FreakNasty Wrote:Most experts? Golic, Schelerth (sp), Salisbury on ESPN think he should play till he can't walk...

On the NFL Network: Faulk, Woodson, Dukes, think he should come back...

I dont hear many "experts" sharing your opinion....

All the people I've heard say that he should go out on his own terms, and a few of them say that it's great he's coming back, but most say that he should just hang up the cleats and let Aaron Rodgers take over
BFritz Wrote:All the people I've heard say that he should go out on his own terms, and a few of them say that it's great he's coming back, but most say that he should just hang up the cleats and let Aaron Rodgers take over

Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have won 3 games last year IMO... there is a huge reason he feel from the possible 1st pick in the 2005 draft to #24...

Add in the fact that Rodgers broke his leg in a game last year, and it adds a huge question mark....

Simply put, the Packers needed Favre for another year, I seriously doubt Rodgers will ever be the full time starter in GB....
Because the fans want him back fritz.