Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell County TN 49 Bell County 16
Final
Campbell Co had more fans at our home game!
Makes me sick, need to fire the Super and powers to be for doing this to these young men!!
As a fan of the rival, I'm glad to see Bell struggle, but as a fan of mountain football, I hate this. The situation on Log Mountain is a shame and what's even more of a shame is that all of this could've been avoided. Someone needs to straighten that mess out. The kids and fan base deserve so much better.
I wanted the job and nobody call. :mop:
Wheels are off at Bell
They could have had a couple of coaches that would have been much better than what they have now, but they dropped the ball.....pardon the pun
absolutely disgusting. We have a scarecrow as a coach!!! Pathetic. Honored the 91 team and had less than 50 fans. Again the kids deserve better.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Don't worry Bell will get 2 wins against Harlan and Jackson. Corbin next week going to be sad night at log mountain. Hate it for the kids.
I am a Middlesboro graduate and long time fan havent been on here in awhile. My son plays football in Tennessee and I follow Tennessee football alot more than Ky football and I knew this was coming for the Bobcats

I went to the Middlesboro/Bell game this year and I told myself and people I knew there that either team will be lucky to win 3 games this year. Looks like Bell is gonna struggle to get there. I am not downing the kids in any way cause my kid plays and his team is not great but they hustle and do what they can do, but doing what fans do I have to say that this years Bell team is the worst I have seen.

Ive talked crap about Bell in the past but when Pineville (no offense) is as good as Bell and Middlesboro then those 2 programs have problems and they surely do. I hope for the sake of the County both of them can get things back to the way it used to be
Self inflicted , makes it hurt worse.
Tried to let the freshman coach call plays last night and it was even worse according to the players. Are they drawing straws to see who coaches what and when?? Might as well let the players doing the coaching, probably better off.
Sad situation...... I hate seeing the traditional powers grounded.
SWpride Wrote:Don't worry Bell will get 2 wins against Harlan and Jackson. Corbin next week going to be sad night at log mountain. Hate it for the kids.
They won't beat Harlan county this year. Sorry
No easy wins for Bell
I'm sure it has nothing to do with your best player getting hurt and fan s telling the kids every day that the teams sucks.
I hate to see this happen with any program who was once on the top. They sure have fallen hard tho. And I agree, people blaming this one and that one. It might actually have a lot to do with Humfleet out, and they just don't have the talent they once did on Log Mountain. It's jus too easy to blame the Administration. They don't have anything to do with getting the kids ready for Fri night. That's the coaches and the kids responsibility.
What is the problem at Bell? Are the kids just as good an athletic as the kids of the past? Do they still start a lifting program at Bell at an early age like they used to? Why the change in administration? Bad Test Scores? Sounds like a Breathitt County remix. What could Dudley do right now if he was in charge with the same administration? Just wondering what went wrong.
Terrible administration ran off lots of good teachers and fired a coach that didn't deserve it. They also relieved all the assistants. Then they hired a marginal coach in his twilight from Georgia were he hadn't coached a postion in years! He was more like a Fiqured head. He is trying to do that here now and has no help. Kids are not being coached and they are schematically horrible.

They still have talent. Granted not nearly as much as the 2007-2012 run but enough to compete. Humfleet being hurt does leave a hole but they still have players. With the previous staff they would easily be 5-2 or 4-3 at worst. CC and Wayne would have been really hard to beat but the rest where winnable games, very winnable. The next 2 years is when talent really dips. Freshman and Soph group is not real good. The middle school has a good record but has played a extremely weak schedule.
A little off-topic, but I'd like to see Campbell County play Corbin or Whitley now that they've got their program going well. Figure a Campbell-Whitley game would be a pretty good gate and matchup, especially with the short trip across Jellico Mountain up I-75.
I believe that our program had started to decline the past two years and we graduated a large senior class.
Coach Harbin is the coach that we miss the most.. offensive minded.
We have been down defensively the past couple of years.
dodger Wrote:A little off-topic, but I'd like to see Campbell County play Corbin or Whitley now that they've got their program going well. Figure a Campbell-Whitley game would be a pretty good gate and matchup, especially with the short trip across Jellico Mountain up I-75.

Whitley scrimmaged CC once that I recall, but other than that, Whitley rarely plays TN teams for whatever reason. Only other TN team I remember Whitley playing was the Morristown teams a few years back.

You'd have to go back pretty far to find one before that to my knowledge.
If im not mistaken, I don't think Campbell ever scheduled a TN team.

I know Whitley generally plays a few teams from TN in basketball and baseball. I agree Corbin should play them as well.
It might be fun to bring back the old William Whitley Bowl at the college with a border battle of Whitley vs. Campbell and Williamsburg vs Oneida. Close trips and similar programs in both games. Think that would draw a big crowd.
dodger Wrote:A little off-topic, but I'd like to see Campbell County play Corbin or Whitley now that they've got their program going well. Figure a Campbell-Whitley game would be a pretty good gate and matchup, especially with the short trip across Jellico Mountain up I-75.

I think Whitley County should always play Campbell County. I'd just go out 25 W instead of going across Jellico Mountain Smile
I was just wondering where Mills landed after being let go at Bell County?
papagrit Wrote:I was just wondering where Mills landed after being let go at Bell County?

Assistant at Corbin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Assistant at Corbin

Thanks! Thought I remembered something about that, but, wasn't sure. Met him when he coached at KC. Nice guy. No wonder Corbin is doing so well with the coaching staff they have between Haddix, Mills and the others. That's a heck of a staff.
Greer, Mills and Dudley still coaching just not at Bell.