Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg at Shelby Valley
Surprised no one has started a thread for this yet...

Anyway, this is a game that has lost some of its luster this year. After the best two-year stretch in the history of the school, SV has come crashing back to earth. This was not unexpected, as Valley lost a boatload of senior starters as well as their head coach since last year. But, rebuilding years can be painful, and this season has been so far. A win over Magoffin County accompanies 3 blowout losses to make Shelby Valley 1-3 coming into tonight's game.

Prestonsburg had a down year (by their standards) in 2015, finishing with a losing record and a first-round playoff exit. This year, they are a mediocre 2-2, and a loss tonight could mean another losing record at season's end.

So far, Leslie County seems to be the clear favorite in the district, while Betsy Layne appears to be on track to finish at the bottom. But the other 4 teams (including Allen Central and East Ridge) look like they could finish in any order from #2 to #5, and someone will miss the playoffs. Whoever wins tonight will go a long way to locking up a spot in the postseason.

Who do you think wins?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
P-burg win 28-27
This could be a high scoring game, with Prestonburg winning......I think.:popcorn:

Prestonburg 49
Shelby Valley 42
shelby valley has lost to many starters last year to bounce back this year i think pburg rolls them with a running clock
big dawg, small yard Wrote:shelby valley has lost to many starters last year to bounce back this year i think pburg rolls them with a running clock

I do agree with the first part of your statement, Valley lost A LOT from last year. They are definitely struggling to adjust to all the losses.

But Prestonsburg sustained a big loss as well, with Dalton Frasure graduating. Most of their offense last year was Frasure run left, Frasure run right, Frasure up the middle...

All that said, I was thinking PBurg wins too, but a running clock? I don't see it happening.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prestonsburg - 40

Shelby Valley - 20
Burg/21 Valley/28