Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice turnout, Big crowd but was everyone satisfied with the results?
HOw do you feel eveything went and was it all scored right?:Cheerlead

:popcorn:
I agree .... there was a HUGE crowd.... NO comment on the scoring!! LOLOL.....
I honestly thought the best teams won.
Belfry Wins Wrote:I honestly thought the best teams won.

I totally agreeSmile:Thumbs:
I reckon you especialy do lol. By the way Pburg did a nice job.
I think most of the scores were fair....but I have to say in the traditional category, Johnson Central was totally screwed out of at least a second place win...and im NOT a JC fan but from what i seen they did a whole lot better than PCC. Yet Pburg earned the win they did absolutely AWESOME.....great job girls and good luck at state.
I have several comments about the competition:
First of all, congratulations to all the squads who competed, and all the winners. I thought the 15th Region was represented quite well.

Belfry High School is a very impressive campus. The gym was an excellent place to hold the competition...nice atmosphere.

Now, on to the events:
In traditional, I honestly thought that it would come down to a fight between Prestonsburg and Johnson Central. I thought that Prestonsburg's cheer was hands down the best of that division. I also thought that Johnson Central's pom routine was the best of the ENTIRE night. I absolutely loved it...it was totally in sync, the music was infectious, the motions were sharp and precise. To be honest, Pike Central did not impress me in either cheer or pom. I have watched them throughout the years, and I thought this was actually their weakest performance of the last three years. I believe that 2 1/2 minute is really their forte. So, I was rather surprised that they were named runner-up. (I am not affiliated with any of these schools, by the way).

Small and medium varsity were no surprise. Both Pikeville squads are consistently the best of the region. They really have a top-notch program there. I also thought South Floyd was much improved from last year!

I was interested in large varsity since the defending champion was going against the hometown favorite. Belfry had a HUGE crowd. That and the familiarity of the venue had to be a huge comfort factor going in. I thought they had a solid routine...a couple of errors on the tumbling passes were the only mistakes that I noticed. However, somehow their routine left me wanting more.

I thought Magoffin County had a good routine. They had some cute stunts. Since we all saw the falls, I wonder what would have happened if they had stuck everything. I remember that they lost a lot of seniors from last year, so I am sure their overall inexperience must have played a role in their errors.

Overall, I thought the results were justified. My main complaint was the lack of adherence to the time schedule. Once the competition got started, the flow was fine. However, WHAT took so long to get started????? If a squad has a warm-up time of 5:00, it should warm-up at 5:00...not 5:15, 5:30, or even 5:02. The waiting for this part to begin was excruciating!!

Good luck to all winners at state. Everyone else, go get 'em next year!
Both Pikeville teams deserved their wins in the small and medium categories....As well as pburg in the tradtional category...At Large, Magoffin(Defending Champs) had a VERY difficult/impressive routine,(Very creative stunts) few mistakes i think they fell once or twice but other than that they looked awesome. Belfry Stuck everything, looked pretty solid mount wise though I saw girls face planting the mats during tumbling passes. They deserved the win for most of the part, I just wonder what the outcome would've been if Magoffin would've stuck everything......
I was satisfied with the results. I think everyone who got 1st place deserved it.

*-*Congratualtions to all squads advancing to state! I know you'll make us proud.*-*
Well....this is my first post and I'm trying to still figure this thing out. I was not shocked by any of the winners, however, I am stunned that JC did not get runner-up in traditional. They were so much cleaner! The only downfall was their pom routine....PC did have a true "traditional" style pom routine with neat formations and making images with poms. While I only saw JC's cheer from the back, I do know that it was cleaner. Having judged competitions before, I seriously was shocked. But, I extend my congratulations where it is due....I'm only calling it like I saw it.

As far as Belfry vs. Magoffin, Belfry definitely deserved it and I liked how they used a different order to their 2-1/2 minute instead of the usual "music-cheer-music." However, Magoffin County is always very clean and had a great routine and I wonder how it would have turned out if they had a perfect routine. I commend them for upping their difficulty from last year as well....major improvement! Belfry's difficulty was much higher, with the double-downs and having four stunt groups.

It was nice to see Phelps back in the competition, and I hope they continue to do it every year. I think it would be awesome to get every squad in the region competing.

I have to give a shout to my SC Cardinals! You guys gave it all and did the best you could, and second is a win in my book. Just wait 'til next year :thumpsup: !

Bottomline.....if you want to make it to Richmond....avoid any squad from Pikeville! But they have to get beat eventually....I hope I'm around for the upset, but right now it looks like it may be MANY years:Cheerlead
Bottom line: The winners deserved it! As for the rest, I wouldn't say I am in total agreement, but it was pretty good judging and 2nd or 3rd, what does it matter!

Good luck to the winners!!

Keep up the hard work for the rest! Every team puts in hard work to compete in these competitions and the girls on each squad, no matter where they placed, deserve to have their sacrifice acknowledged! Congrats to all of the girls which competed.
I think that the judging was fair.. I would like to thank everyone who came and cheered Prestonsburg on, we really appreciate it... Good Luck to everyone throughout the rest of the year.

:Cheerlead
Congrats to the Blackcats, they done a great job. Alot of crowd support as well. I though that JC had a great pom routine. We had problems in the cheer part, but as we all know, you have to bring it every second, to win. I think the 15th will be well represented at State. Good luck Blackcats. Also, Good luck to all of our 15th Winners.
15thfan Wrote:I think most of the scores were fair....but I have to say in the traditional category, Johnson Central was totally screwed out of at least a second place win...and im NOT a JC fan but from what i seen they did a whole lot better than PCC. Yet Pburg earned the win they did absolutely AWESOME.....great job girls and good luck at state.
I have to agree with you JC was totally screwed. Although I have a daughter on PCC squad they had a bad night. However I think JC done a better job than PCC or Pburg either one so I think that they got screwed big time!!!!!!!
Great night and atomsphere! Congratulations to the winners. The reason you have KAPOS is to bring everyone togather on "one night" and let the judges determine who is best, "in thier opinion." Only one goes to state. Everone plays by the same rules. Tonight in the traditional Prestonsburg did that and had an great routine. Congratulations and good luck in Richmond.

I am for JC all the way and I would never say anything negative about the girls or Coach Sturgill as they all work hard! But the routine was not on par with the talent level or traditon that has been at JC. To much distraction preparing two rounties and changing division at the last minute hurt us.
thanks for the input....
It was a wonderful night despite all the tears and broken hearts from those girls who worked so hard everyday after school to go richmond and didnt win. But i do however feel that all the judging was fair and like many others....i wonder what the turnout of large 2 1/2 would have been if Magoffin would have stuck all their stunts? It was a good competition and a nice crowd. but no fun competing against the team that has the home court advantage. but i must admit, belfry did a wonderful job. they looked really neat and clean out there.but it turned out to be a great and fun night.
I thought the scoring was very well! I think everyone deserved what place they recieved. Pikeville did really well, and SC did awesome!! Esp saving their single base like they did!! =)
I agree. That was a really good save!
Congrats Blackcats, and to all the squads. Im glad to see that it was pretty fair in scoring this year.
Good luck to JC in Florida! Have a safe trip!