4 S. Oldham
5 Greenwood
6 Fern Creek
7 Southwestern
7 Pulaski Co
9 N. Bullitt
10 Madison Southern

What's your thoughts?
Southwestern should have dropped more after losing to a 3a team. When you lose to a smaller class team, how can you expect to compete with the best of a bigger class?
mysonis55 Wrote:Southwestern should have dropped more after losing to a 3a team. When you lose to a smaller class team, how can you expect to compete with the best of a bigger class?

I agree with you 55. I also think Fern Creek is too high after losing to Desales.
5A down this year other than top 4 or 5
Will my Colonels receive a vote? Smile
I don't buy the argument that this team should drop because they lost to a smaller class. How many of those below Southwestern would have beaten Corbin? How many of those behind Fern Creek would have beaten DeSales? 5A is definitely the most down I have seen it in years.

I would argue South Oldham and Cov Cath should flip, along with Fern Creek and Greenwood. I think Fern Creek is better.
pjdoug Wrote:Will my Colonels receive a vote? Smile

No. Not for about 2-3 more years.
I moved Fern Creek down in my rankings as well. It's funny how 6a #9 loses to 2a #1 and they drop completely out. They only lost by 5 points as well. Then they get beat up by #3 2a by two touches and stay in.
How about Harlan county people they should be getting some votes somewhere my goodness that's pretty bad Harlan county can't even get into the rankings come on panel members
mysonis55 Wrote:Southwestern should have dropped more after losing to a 3a team. When you lose to a smaller class team, how can you expect to compete with the best of a bigger class?

Pretty sure I dropped southwestern to the 11th spot.....and Fern Creek to 8th or 9th spot maybe 10th anyway I lost my dang ranking :HitWall::HitWall:
Corbin would probably beat 5-10 and compete with 2-4 in 5A right now.
Corbin would prob like that to get away from Belfry...because they are never getting past them!

I voted them at #10 old buddy.

I have them on my radar right now...Hearing some Ping :Cheerlead
Wildcat18 Wrote:No. Not for about 2-3 more years.

another one talking out it's a$$.:ChairHit:
adopted purple Wrote:I voted them at #10 old buddy.

good. I know they are not where they need to be but have to at least be close to top 10 Smile
64SUR Wrote:I have them on my radar right now...Hearing some Ping :Cheerlead

get on their bandwagon and bring a Heisman winner with you Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:get on their bandwagon and bring a Heisman winner with you Confusednicker:

I know of a kid in the 3rd grade at Redbird going to be a good one playing flag football. Now it's not the Redbirds in Whitley County but Redbird in Clay County. :Cheerlead
Outside of 2a and 6a, I'm having a hard time finding 10 deserving teams to put in the Top 10.. In 2a and 6a, I feel like I always leave 2 or 3 teams out that should be in..
It is funny how that has transpired this year. I guess it's just because there are some really good teams in the other classes that really separate themselves so much from the other good teams in that class. For instance, BG is so darn good that they could fight for a state championship in 6a. So, that really separates them from the rest of the pack.
Fern Creek lost to a 2a school. Sometimes good teams lose to smaller classes with good teams. The class is determined by your school size so in most cases you have better depth than say a 2A Desales or a 3A Corbin but that does not mean your first 11-15 guys are any better. If it turns into a cramp fest then sure your depth may help, but many times that is not the case. Corbin looks pretty good not sure anybody 2-10 would beat them.