Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region KAPOS results
blackcatforever Wrote::Cheerlead CONGRATS PRESTONSBURG! :Cheerlead
We did it girls and we did GREAT!! I'm so excited for state! After all the hard work and hours- it paid off! I'm so proud of all of us for pulling together and getting the title that we deserve! I love you all! =)

Tell me about it!! Im so happy, im still in shock.. I CANT WAIT TO GET MY MASSAGE!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!

:letsparty
catsfan072 Wrote:Please tell me this is a joke? lol

Congrats Pburg!! Girls, if you read this, I love you.. we really did it. All of the hard work really did pay off. Can't wait til STATE!!! =)

It really did, I LOVE YOU TOO!! Thanks for everything, w/o you I wouldnt have got to be part of all this!!!
Go Hornets! Nuff Said!!
I would like to congradulate Prestonsburg for an outstanding performance and wish you guys good luck in Richmond, we will be behind you. Pike Central also did an awesome job. Cheerleading in the 15th has improved to to an outstanding level.

With all the talent in the 15th, why does not someone start an all star team close by? It seems a shame to waste the talent some of these girls have. Think of all the talent that will be sitting and not attending KAPOS, it seems a waste. These girls should have a chance to compete and be rewarded for all the hard work they have done.

Off the Hook it was good to hear from you and I see your main focus in life is coming to this site and bashing JC, we love it, keep up the good work. You may not be aware but some of these girls work year around to be good at what they do. When a squad loses one of these girls in mid season it does hurt. You just change and roll with the punches and keep working hard, and we did. Even though the girl who was injured broke her leg in December, and has not fully recovered, she was back on the floor Wednesday night with her team mates and representning her school. Even though we did not win this year our girls have worked hard and had the guts to compete and represent thier school with pride. By the way, where was your squad?
JC Cheer Fan
Johnson Central.... is a VERY impressive squad.... it looked liked you had worked very hard on your routine and to be totally honest, I loved it!! Keep your heads up and keep working.... there is always next year!!!

All squads that competed were awesome! Some of the best "cheerleading" I have seen in a long time.... My step-daughter is on an All-Star team in Florida and they would have had trouble competing with some of the talent the 15th region puts on the floor..... congrats to EVERYONE!!!!
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:I would like to congradulate Prestonsburg for an outstanding performance and wish you guys good luck in Richmond, we will be behind you. Pike Central also did an awesome job. Cheerleading in the 15th has improved to to an outstanding level.

With all the talent in the 15th, why does not someone start an all star team close by? It seems a shame to waste the talent some of these girls have. Think of all the talent that will be sitting and not attending KAPOS, it seems a waste. These girls should have a chance to compete and be rewarded for all the hard work they have done.

Off the Hook it was good to hear from you and I see your main focus in life is coming to this site and bashing JC, we love it, keep up the good work. You may not be aware but some of these girls work year around to be good at what they do. When a squad loses one of these girls in mid season it does hurt. You just change and roll with the punches and keep working hard, and we did. Even though the girl who was injured broke her leg in December, and has not fully recovered, she was back on the floor Wednesday night with her team mates and representning her school. Even though we did not win this year our girls have worked hard and had the guts to compete and represent thier school with pride. By the way, where was your squad?

PLEASE! Show me where I bashed JC's girls! Here was my exact quote "HA I just wanted to beat JC CHEER FAN to the punch. Cause it was eventually coming. LOL! JC girls did work hard though as did everyone else. Congrats to all the girls and good luck at state." Your just mad Cause I beat you to the punch. And you still throw that excuse in there. And I am not the only one who commented on you never ending reminders of JCs injuries. Also why do you just want to get on here and tell everyone how JC post what is said on here? I have spoken with JC Cheerleaders and parents and they said nothing like that has ever been done and they hope to GOD that it never does. And our squad was cheering in a State Tounament on Wednesday. Wouldn't have done them any good to come anyways. LOL!
Off the hook lets put out the Olive Branch! The only time I comment here is to defend negative comments to JC and their athletics or cheerleaders. You commented negatively about JC so you pay the price. I was just with the parents and what you are saying is not true. Negative comments drive all of us to be better and your were noted.

Like I said, lets enjoy life and move on, I am. I can not figure for the life of me what you are saying and you can not understand me. I only wish the best for these young men and women who sacrifice and compete regardless of where they are from and they only need encourgement, not trivial negative comments.
JC CHEER FAN SHOW ME, Where I have posted negatively about them. All I said was that your were throwing out excuses before it started. To be honest with ya. I haven't seen any Negative comments from anyone towards JC, beside the PeeWee cheer comment in another thread and that wasn't me. Here are a few quotes for Ya:
OffTheHook Wrote:Gotta go with the Raider. Unless! JCHS Looks better than what they have. The Eagles are the reigning champs though. So you are the best untill you are de-throned.

JC CHEER FAN Wrote:I am biased, but JC is always good and will be tought come KAPOS
Anitia Sturgill works the girls hard and has had bad luck with sickness and injuries this year. Everyone seems to be healthy and all the girls are back on the floor,so look for them to start coming arond.

JC CHEER FAN Wrote:In defense of Johnson Central, they are cheering for both the boy and girls and did have a double header tonight. Several of the girls have been sick and one of the best tumblers has sat out most of the year with a broken leg and I understand she is not cleared to tumble yet. Last Friday was the first time I think all the girls had been on the floor togather in a month.
The squad is practicing very hard now and comes strait from practice to the games. I was told that Anitia Sturgill, due to the injuries this year, has told the girls to limit the tumbling on the floor until after KAPOS.
The 15th Region KAPOS this year is wide open and the squad that comes out and perfoms will win. I expect some surprises this year with the talent level of the teams.
Here are some more:

JC CHEER FAN Wrote:Keep the comments for JC coming, we love it. Do you think JC would show any KAPOS stuff at a game. I heard that MS Strugill has told the girls to take it easy on the tumbling until after KAPOS and Nationals. Several of the girls are healing up from injuries so do not look for anything drastic until after KAPOS.
Again, keep up the negative comments, they get posted for the girls and can be real motivators during this time of year, thanks!

hornet gur Wrote:Well sory but yea MC cheerleaders are hurt as well and most are sick I mean our school got called off due to illness but they still tumble and crap.. they paractice before they got to games..

JC Cheer Fan Wrote:This district will be very competitve this year. Paintsville had a solid team last year with thier mounts and have two new girls who are good tumblers and could help them. I am not sure about Lawrence, but they have had some great squads in the past. Magoffin was impoved last year and very tough and Sheldon Clark is always good and returns a strong squad back. JCHS has a seasoned squad of senior girls that have traveled and competed for four years and have several new girls that could help out. They have looked a little rough so far this year and have had several major key injuries, but look for Anitia Sturgill to have the girls ready by KAPOS.
This could be the most competitve the District has been for many years and it will take a great squad to come out a winner in this district.

JC Cheer Fan Wrote:In response to JC, they have had a tough year with sickness and injuries. Thier main tumbler has been out most of the year with a broken leg and is the on the floor, but not cleared to tumble on the floor, or do fulls on the mats.
I think the plan is to get to state KAPOS the easist way and save all the good routines for Nationals later when everyone is healthy and it means more. We may not like it, but to good tumblers and squads, KAPOS is just an after thought compared to Nationals.

57thScarlett Wrote:I'm sure that things may be tough in Johnson County, but all squads deal with sickness and injury. One tumbler isn't going to win a title.I feel like that most teams this year are taking the easy way out at KAPOS; entering just where they think they can win. Winning isn't as sweet if you entered that group just because you thought there was no competition.
Also, if you can't compeat aginst the squads in the 15th region, how can you expect to make a name in a national competition. Not that 15th region sqauds are not talented enough to win at state and nationals competitions, because they have. Just IMO....

SO, As you can see almost every post you (JC CHEER FAN) have made has always mentioned these things. So don't get mad when someone ribbs you about it. And not everything negative said is trashing. Rolleyes So don't be so defensive. Also just talked to one of the Varsity Cheerleaders and she said she had no clue what you were talking about, posting these things said on here. Said she has NEVER seen them. So with that said. Good Luck to JCHS when they go to Nationals. Hope you have fun and get there and return safely.
Thanks for the comments Off the Hook, we will have a fun time with our team next week.

I love this site and enjoy the news and information and most of the time the comments are very nice. It is good to have this much interest in cheer leading.

Off the hook I do not have the time to contiue the debate. The only comments I have made have been in response to the negative comments and I will stand by that. There is a negative comment for every respose from me you have listed above. I was with the cheer leading parents today and we will defend our girls or boys and I here you do this on other threads as well. If you want to attack me go ahead, anyone can be brave in cyber space. We are the only two who really care about this here and I do not know so that leaves you. Have Fun!
One more thought Off the Hook. Will you post the comments you made on "The Best Cheerleading Squads and Cheerleaders in the 15th Region" on 1-24-07 at 8:24pm and 1-25-07 at 8:56PM. If these are good positve comments for our girls, I will stand corrected.

Even though we finished 4th out of 4th to qualifiy for Nationals and this is not somehow right, rest assured we will have a great time next week.
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:One more thought Off the Hook. Will you post the comments you made on "The Best Cheerleading Squads and Cheerleaders in the 15th Region" on 1-24-07 at 8:24pm and 1-25-07 at 8:56PM. If these are good positve comments for our girls, I will stand corrected.

Even though we finished 4th out of 4th to qualifiy for Nationals and this is not somehow right, rest assured we will have a great time next week.

OK here they are. I did NOT make a post on 1-24-07 at 8:24 PM! But I did make one on 1-9-07 at 9:08 am, where I agreed with you and it was:
OffTheHook Wrote:I have seen quite a few squads this year and not one really stands out. I have seen a few good tumblers. But, that doesn't win the trophies. Most of the floor cheers I have seen, mounts have been dropped or very shaky. Most squads have looked lazy. Not meaning that the girls are lazy, just saying I just don't see that PEP that you ussualy see in the 15th. Looks like the squads are just going through the motions and just trying to get the cheer over with. I do agree with JC CHEER FAN "The 15th Region KAPOS this year is wide open and the squad that comes out and perfoms will win. I expect some surprises this year with the talent level of the teams.". Good Luck to all and be safe!

I did also make the following post on 1-25-07 at 8:24 pm and 8:56 pm:
OffTheHook Wrote::Thumbs:

OffTheHook Wrote:Hey, I have heard that JC has already qualified for Nationals. I heard they finished 4th in Richmond earlier in the year to send them there. Well wasn't it convenient that there were only four teams there and they had to finish in the top four to go? Rolleyes I know the JC cheerleaders work very hard at what they do. But, is this really fair to them to qualify this way?
Also for anyone to post anything said on here about any sport or anyone in a school or practice session is RIDICULOUS! :dontthink

NOW, Show me where I trashed the girls! And the post with the 2 thumbs up was a reply to a poster about JC needing to worry about KAPOS right now instead of Nationals. So see you just can't handle alittle ribbing because of what you have been posting. NO-ONE IS ATTACKING YOU in cyber space! LMAO! JEEEEZ! If you are going to post anything on here just be prepared to take alittle poking and ribbing about it. GOD knows I have had to eat crow many times. Quit taking everything so personal. Rolleyes SO I am done! I have put everything on here even the ones you asked for and seems it will not matter. Good Luck to the JC girls at Nationals. Hope you all have a great time!
Way to go Blackcats! Good Luck at Richmond
OffTheHook Wrote:Congrats JC on a Good "Showing". Considering all the injuries and other things you have had to endure.

have to say all the teams did great but in all honesty- jc had the best pom routine I saw there.

Really great job girls. From where I sat you were all together and great effects with the poms!
EXTERRA3 Wrote:have to say all the teams did great but in all honesty- jc had the best pom routine I saw there.

Really great job girls. From where I sat you were all together and great effects with the poms!

I also heard that their Pom routine was really good. From more than one person. They always do have a great Pom routine!
First of all congrats to Pburg. I'm a graduate of PHS so I was thrilled to see them win. Also as the choreographer of Johnson Centrals pom routine I really appreciate all the comments on the routine. Its hard to know when choreographing the routine whether or not it will be a crowd pleaser and it sounds like I hit the nail on the head with this routine. Good Luck to all the teams at state! Represent the 15th well!
Congrats Pburg, Belfry, and Pikeville (both squads)...you all did GREAT!! As for the Traditional and Large Varsity...Magoffin, I was really impressed with you all and I do believe that Johnson Central got screwed over. Alot of people knew Prestosnburg had it, but there was NO WAY that Pike Central should have beat Johnson. Don't get me wrong, PCCHS was good but there level of difficulty, sharpness, and showmanship just didnt compare to either team. Good Luck to all teams making the trip down to Richmond! Make us proud girls!!!
I think JCHS has a right to be upset. IMO, the only thing that got us 2nd was our pom routine. We sold it. We had fun with it and we made sure that it showed. Johnson Central's pom was good too. Their cheer was better. The pom routine is the only reason I can think of though that we beat them on. Good job JC! I think your performance was excellent. And I really loved your pyramid in the cheer!! Smile
good luck to jc in Florida! Good Luck! Everyone have a safe trip!
JC def. deserved 2nd. Their pom routine was the best dance of the entire night.
Everyone keeps talking about how JC's pom routine was the best of the night, yes it was good I will give them credit for that, but it wasn't the best. They, by far, had the sharpest motions but they lacked showmanship and difficulty. This is coming from someone who knows a thing or two about dance...JC had terrific motions they were together on everything and couldn't been any sharper. But with the lack of difficulty and showmanship, i would have to say, IMO, not best pom routine of the night.
5_blush_5 Wrote:JC def. deserved 2nd. Their pom routine was the best dance of the entire night.

Uh YEA thats FOR SURE, PCC should NOT have got second....
i am gonna have to say congrats to SC!
They are gonna be back next year!
:0]
I am closing this one.... KAPOS this year is in about three weeks. Feel free to open a KAPOS 08 thread to discuss this years competition!!!!! Smile

CLOSED!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]