Poll: Who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle county
50.00%
Somerset
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Rockcastle County 9/23
Somerset has everything clicking right now and Rockcastle is coming off its first loss. Who wins?
Picking the home team in this one in a high scoring game. :yikes:

Rockcastle County 46
Somerset 42
The Rock by 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Somerset 28
Rock 19
Rock wins. No way Somerset scores more than 21.
Somerset - 38

Rockcastle County - 28
I like the bunnies in this one..28-21
Rock 28 somerset 14
I want to say Somerset, but Rock is a home and they feel like they are better team. Rock in a tight one 21-17.
Rock was just as good as Pulaski County even though the score doesn't indicate it. I think Somerset will overlook Rock a little now and they will pay for it.

Rock wins by 6. 26-20.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Rock was just as good as Pulaski County even though the score doesn't indicate it. I think Somerset will overlook Rock a little now and they will pay for it.

Rock wins by 6. 26-20.

I'm not sure what there is to overlook. Rock is big and physical, they have a great stable of running backs and they can beat you 4-5 yards at a time with a chance of breaking loose at any point as they're not slow. Once Pulaski started getting eleven helmets to the football it made for a long night for Rock the rest of the way, and Jake Johnson took over that game. I'm not a predictor of scores, anything can happen on a Friday night but I would like to think that to this point Somerset has taken every opponent very seriously; I expect them to take Rock the same way.
Dont think anyone on ether side will over look this game. Last season was the first time these two had played since mid 90's, when this was a pretty heated rivalry. Last years game there was no loved lost between the two, and this friday's game will be know different. Alot of story lines going into this one. This is a big time district rivals for the basketball/baseball teams and lot of the football kids play one of those sports, and this will add a little bragging rights coming into this winter and spring. Also Somersets Jordan Doan grew up in Mt Vernon went to school and played ball with a lot of Rockcastle players. He still has alot of family that lives in Rock, So it will kind of be like a homecoming. This should be a interesting game with alot of hard hits. Hopefully both teams come out healthy for district play the next week.
Rockcastle will win 34-14
Pulling for the 2A Jumpers.
I'm taking Rock simply because it's not at the Briar Patch. 26-22.
Bunnies find a way to win 28-27
It's "wabbit" season in Mt Vernon. Rock wins
oldschool77 Wrote:It's "wabbit" season in Mt Vernon. Rock wins

Such a clever play on words, Bravo. My turn.. A few days has passed since the last recorded rainfall, should make for a nice dry playing field... it's not rocket science.

This game will be a shootout, 40+ points scored imo. Hope to see both teams make a deep playoff run.