Johnson Central is now 4-0.
Harlan County is now 1-4.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Just sad. Congrats JC
Some final stats......

407 total yards on 33 plays.
26 rushes for 293 yds.
6 for 7 passing with 114 yds. and 1 TD.... All by Riley Preece.
Congratulations JC!
Congrats to JC. they want to win one more this year.
Harlan County may want to get out of those contracts to do some building back up.
I don't think playing JC and Belfry are helping them right now.
I listened to this game and HC NEVER gave up. They hit a few big plays and kept fighting. Very proud of these young men. I hate to sound like a Kentucky fan...but i'd watch our for this bunch next year. For the record...District play has not started so they are not done.

Personally I think they have the strongest schedule in the mountains. Losses:

1) 4A Johnson Central
1) 3A Belfry
Reigning 5A Champs: Pulaski Co.

Show me a tougher schedule.... Corbin is the only contender.
To far to travel!!! Harlan should drop Belfry and JC.
That JC Belfrey game should be a sight to see at the end of the regular season
baller55 Wrote:To far to travel!!! Harlan should drop Belfry and JC.

I wouldn't drop them. HC will have their strongest team since 2013 next year. Belfry loses a ton, not sure about JC. I'd say keep playing and I'm sure coach feels the same.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I wouldn't drop them. HC will have their strongest team since 2013 next year. Belfry loses a ton, not sure about JC. I'd say keep playing and I'm sure coach feels the same.

He doesn't, already advertised Wk 2 (Belfry) and Wk 4 (JC) on listserv.
Congratulations Eagles, and yes Harlan county has the strongest schedule in the mountains but there is no give up in those boys.
HC's schedule has been brutal. I truly believe it has made us a better football team. As crazy as this may sound, we might be the best 1-4 team in the entire state. For those who have not seen us play and only seen scores, we are a pretty decent football team. We start district play next week so we are 0-0 now and the kids now that. They realize if they can win this district we can have all playoff games at home as long as we keep winning. This was done in '10 when we lost to Highlands in the semi's and again in '12 when we lost to Cooper in the semi's. I truly believe this region is WIDE open with SW being a slight favor. BUT like I said IF you can take care of business in the district and keep the games at home in the playoffs we have a shot at getting to that regional finals game and anything can happen when you are at that point in the season. So, to the kids at HC, if you read this stuff, keep your heads up and keep focused on what's at hand.

As for Belfry and JC playing. Wow, both GREAT teams but I would have to give the edge to Belfry. I just feel they are a different animal. No disrespect to JC. I hope and believe BOTh will win their respective classes and this HC fan is rooting for you guys! This is the last year of the two,two year contracts and it has been a joy to watch two great programs in JC and Belfry over the last 4 years.
bear claw Wrote:HC's schedule has been brutal. I truly believe it has made us a better football team. As crazy as this may sound, we might be the best 1-4 team in the entire state. For those who have not seen us play and only seen scores, we are a pretty decent football team. We start district play next week so we are 0-0 now and the kids now that. They realize if they can win this district we can have all playoff games at home as long as we keep winning. This was done in '10 when we lost to Highlands in the semi's and again in '12 when we lost to Cooper in the semi's. I truly believe this region is WIDE open with SW being a slight favor. BUT like I said IF you can take care of business in the district and keep the games at home in the playoffs we have a shot at getting to that regional finals game and anything can happen when you are at that point in the season. So, to the kids at HC, if you read this stuff, keep your heads up and keep focused on what's at hand.

As for Belfry and JC playing. Wow, both GREAT teams but I would have to give the edge to Belfry. I just feel they are a different animal. No disrespect to JC. I hope and believe BOTh will win their respective classes and this HC fan is rooting for you guys! This is the last year of the two,two year contracts and it has been a joy to watch two great programs in JC and Belfry over the last 4 years.
I think you guys have a great shot in that Region and yes you the best 1-4 team in the state good luck the rest of the way guys
Harlan County's schedule is pretty much done for the next two years - no Belfry or Johnson Central or Pulaski County.
I would like to see JC pick up Cabell-Midland for a Home/Home series in replace of Harlan County or Lexington Catholic.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I would like to see JC pick up Cabell-Midland for a Home/Home series in replace of Harlan County or Lexington Catholic.

I wouldn't!!! Rather see them drop the Canadian and WV schools and play some high level in state schools.
Who would you want us to play in state?
Eagle84 Wrote:Who would you want us to play in state?

Would like to see JC play a 6a school outside the top 5 and maybe some of the middle tier 5a schools. JC could compete with these type of schools and would give us eky fans more bragging rights.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I would like to see JC pick up Cabell-Midland for a Home/Home series in replace of Harlan County or Lexington Catholic.

Mountian Man Wrote:I wouldn't!!! Rather see them drop the Canadian and WV schools and play some high level in state schools.

The Canadian team was a scrimmage.

And from what we've been told by people who would know, multiple teams have been contacted to play JC... but they only want a Home game @ their place or have declined the contract offer.
Lets bring in Highlands, South Warren, Louisville Trinty, Male or a top notch 4,5,6,a teams.. Play 4 district games and 6 games against all top quality teams..