Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 40 Pikeville 28
Final. Panthers score 2 touchdowns late in the game and made things very interesting with 2 onside kick recoveries. Hats off to their kids as they never gave up. Paintsville looked great tonight until late. Let off the gas in the 4th but I'm sure that will be a topic of discussion in the locker room. Can't let a championship team get a sense of urgency in situations like that. Congrats to the Tigers and their staff on a good win!
Congratulations Tigers!
Didn't expect this
Congrats Tigers.
Tigers with huge statement
So many penalties
Nice W for Pville!
Wow surprising & especially to hear Pikevile had to score twice late in the game
New #1 this week!!!!! Pikeville will rebound.... Just a bragging rights game....
Hats off to the Tigers on the win. Coach Mac and staff will get our boys better.
Could be a rematch
Pikeville threw the game! Say what you will but paintsville isn't that much better than pikeville!
Reds55 Wrote:Pikeville threw the game! Say what you will but paintsville isn't that much better than pikeville!

Threw the game? Really? Please
Hats off to the Tigers on the win. Coach Mac and staff will get our boys better.
Pikeville would have lost worse than they did if the officials weren't making the calls they were. Paintsville was a better team.
Pupaw Wrote:Final. Panthers score 2 touchdowns late in the game and made things very interesting with 2 onside kick recoveries. Hats off to their kids as they never gave up. Paintsville looked great tonight until late. Let off the gas in the 4th but I'm sure that will be a topic of discussion in the locker room. Can't let a championship team get a sense of urgency in situations like that. Congrats to the Tigers and their staff on a good win!

I wouldn't say we let off the gas in the 4th. More like we ran out of gas in the 4th. Pikeville put together a very long drive to start the 4th, scored. Recovered onside kick, long drive, scored. Recovered onside kick. The defense was worn out. Offense didn't touch the ball in the 4th until 1:30 to go in the game. I don't even wanna think about what could have happened if Macname wouldn't have dropped that TD. BUT, we also fumbled in the endzone that would have put us up 47-14 before Pikeville made their comeback. Big night for Phelps and Morris. I didn't get their stats but both had a huge game.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hats off to the Tigers on the win. Coach Mac and staff will get our boys better.

Pikeville will be fine. The offense they ran in the 4th quarter is what I was expecting to see from the beginning. Charles is a beast and #11 is a heck of a player. Hats off to the Panthers, i admire the fight they put forth, never giving up. Good luck to you boys the rest of the way.
Kent Phelps: 21 carries, 207 yards 2 TD's

Darren Morris: 15 carries, 96 yards 2 TD's, 2/3 passing 2TD's
Congrats to Paintsville. You've got a fine football team. Pikeville's got some clean up to do.........like at the LOS. Both sides.
Congratulations to Paintsville on the well-deserved win. Keep working hard and getting better Panthers, lots of time to improve before the playoffs.
^^^thats why i didnt feel this game means as much in the regular season any more. Sure its still a measuring stick game, but more for the fans, imo. One thing this game did show me, atleast for now, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, and Raceland are all on about the same level. With Fairview and Williamsburg making strides. The east is far and away the stronger side of the bracket this year.
With Paintsville up 40-14 in the fourth quarter coach Chirico decided to rest some starters on defense. This led to 2 Pikeville scores. When the starters went back in with 3 minutes to go. They shut Pikeville down to close out the game.
Reds55 Wrote:Pikeville threw the game! Say what you will but paintsville isn't that much better than pikeville!

Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^thats why i didnt feel this game means as much in the regular season any more. Sure its still a measuring stick game, but more for the fans, imo. One thing this game did show me, atleast for now, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, and Raceland are all on about the same level. With Fairview and Williamsburg making strides. The east is far and away the stronger side of the bracket this year.

Paintsville deserves to be ranked number 1 now,but you are overlooking the bees again and that will cause you to get stung again Smile. Congratulations to the Tigers!
Paintsvlle is a lot better than pikeville , they got after pikevilles QB and got into his head he was yelling at teammates , lost his poise . Paintsville dominated upfront .only bright spot I seen from pikeville was Charles kid he's a player on both sides of the ball he just don't have much help
I had a feeling this would happen. Not as big as it did but, the w none the less. I think Pikeville lost a lot from last year, the kind of athletes that are very hard to replace.
Paintsville going to make a little noise this year
Wow...I didn't see that big of a score coming, I figured it would be a close game with either team winning by a TD or less...but geez Pikeville didn't show up.

Congrats Paintsville, the rematch in the playoffs sure will be a dandy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Tigers, the turnaround the program has seen the past few years has been remarkable. It was obvious watching The Pike County Bowl that Pikeville was overrated and has a long way to go before the playoffs start. If they continue to get pushed around on the LOS on both sides it will be a very short playoff run for the Panthers in 2016, luckily they got time to get that corrected. Pikeville vs Paintsville is turning into a heck of a football rivalry. I hope the trend of the last two years continues another year and these two meet again and the regular season loser gets revenge in November. I love the Panthers but I think this may be the Tigers year. Congrats again Tigers...huge win on the road and you guys have built a heck of a program to a level I admit I didn't think I would see ever again several years ago.
Nice win for Paintsville. Congrats!