Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****Crotch Kick in Game Last night*******
http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/Loc...-Game.aspx

Wasn't there. But here's the story.
Gotta love Coach Morris!! His quote was perfect when asked about the incident. Didn't play it off as insignificant, but also didn't overreact.
Coach Morris handled it well, as it was the stupid action of one kid.
Trust me, coach Barber is already "handling" this matter-
This was definitely a terrible thing for a player to do. However, it does not reflect properly on an entire program. I am sure this is not something PT is proud of. I just hope that people realize the player did this and not the program. I hate that it blew up so big.
64SUR this reminds me of a play at Centre.
truebluefan89 Wrote:Coach Morris handled it well, as it was the stupid action of one kid.
Trust me, coach Barber is already "handling" this matter-

I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of anything Coach Barber is handling. Yikes!
The Longest Yard Adam Sandler version

Cheeseburger Eddie: "You've GOT TO protect the McNuggets!!"

I'd have been head hunting after I got em out of my throat if I was that O lineman. Anyone that has been on the receiving end of a cheap shot playing football has evened the score at one time or another. I never played dirty, except when evening the score from an offending cheap shot when the opportunity arose.
Heard the KHSAA gave the kid a 3 game suspension. PTHS coaches said he's out for the rest of the year. Info by word of mouth from parents. Will see..........
I just hate that it made any news-
Not because I am a PT fan, but because we have too many people out there looking to judge anything and everything thru social media these days.
Is the news going to start reporting every cheap shot or rough play that happens? If so they are going to be busy!
Many on social media were calling for him to be suspended, arrested, and whole host of other things.
As many of us are former players, we know that the coaches "handling" of the matter will be far worse than kicking someone off the team.
And every athlete also knows that the matter may very well be handled on the field as well.

Thats how football players do things, they don't need a group of namby-pamby internet sissies taking care of them.
truebluefan89 Wrote:I just hate that it made any news-
Not because I am a PT fan, but because we have too many people out there looking to judge anything and everything thru social media these days.
Is the news going to start reporting every cheap shot or rough play that happens? If so they are going to be busy!
Many on social media were calling for him to be suspended, arrested, and whole host of other things.
As many of us are former players, we know that the coaches "handling" of the matter will be far worse than kicking someone off the team.
And every athlete also knows that the matter may very well be handled on the field as well.

Thats how football players do things, they don't need a group of namby-pamby internet sissies taking care of them.

That's not a cheap shot or rough play, that's a dirty attempt to injure a kid that has no relevance to football.

You can't let him get away with it and let him think that this type of thing is ok.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I agree that it was wrong, very wrong. But, I too hate very much to see it become big news. I think sometimes nowadays we forget what it's like to be a kid in the heat of the moment. I think you can get through to a kid in a different manner. That's one of those where the coach could have him write a formal apology, give him some physical fitness type punishment and a game or two off to think about things.
BFritz Wrote:That's not a cheap shot or rough play, that's a dirty attempt to injure a kid that has no relevance to football.

You can't let him get away with it and let him think that this type of thing is ok.

I definitely do not think it was whatsoever ok. As a former player I just know that it will be handled within the confines of the coaches and the game.

This thing is all over the news, Facebook, and everywhere else with a bunch of people who know nothing about the game wanting the kid to go see Dr Phil, and then to prison.
Football doesn't need those kind of people policing it's business, they already want us to play flag football.