Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80s Hair and Hard Rock Bands
Was just on another thread remembering some of the favorites from the past. Just wandering who were some of everybody's favorites? And maybe a story or two would be cool also!! God knows there some good stories out there! LOL!
:beavis: :partyhard :rockon:
Here are a few of the bands that I have seen and listened to quite often:
Guns-N-Rose (FAV)
Metallica, Motley Crue, Cinderella, Ozzy, MegaDeath, Skid Row, Slaughter, Winger (LOL!), Poison, Tesla, White Snake, Ratt, Scorpions, MotorHead, Anthrax, Faster PussyCat, Vixen (Yeah I Know, But the girls liked them! LOL), AC/DC, Lizzy Borden, Dokken, Dio, Krokus, MAN I could go on and on and on. We listened to it all. Also loved watching Head Bangers Ball hosted by Adam Curry and the man Ricki then Pinfield took over I think! :rockon:
I listened to and STILL listen to Dokken, Cinderella, Ozzy, Poison, WhiteSnake, Ratt, Scorpions (still lovin U, and there's no one like U), Krokus and Guns and Roses... Old school music never dies!!!
Oh My GOsh! I left out KISS, SLAYER, TWISTED SISTER and WASP!
U did!!! and I forgot... My kids about died the other night when a KISS tune came on and I cranked it up!!! They did NOT wanna hear mom singing with the radio and KISS!!! LMAO.....
Damn were has the time gone to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
phs1986 Wrote:U did!!! and I forgot... My kids about died the other night when a KISS tune came on and I cranked it up!!! They did NOT wanna hear mom singing with the radio and KISS!!! LMAO.....

My kids love the old 80's Rock. Especially my boy! He loves the BoneYard on XM Radio. He also thinks OZZY is amazing being that you can't understand a damn thing he says when he is talking. But, he can sing his rear off! LOL!
Well.... my oldest just brought me a list of songs to download for him and on it of all things was a couple of songs by the Hollies... and long cool woman in a black dress (by the Hollies).. LMAO.... this was even before MY time!!! LOLOL....
Here is a couple more Dangerous Toys, Bullit Boys and Extreme.
OffTheHook Wrote:Here is a couple more Dangerous Toys, Bullit Boys and Extreme.

Did Bullit Boys do smooth up in ya?
OffTheHook Wrote:Here are a few of the bands that I have seen and listened to quite often:
Guns-N-Rose (FAV)
Metallica, Motley Crue, Cinderella, Ozzy, MegaDeath, Skid Row, Slaughter, Winger (LOL!), Poison, Tesla, White Snake, Ratt, Scorpions, MotorHead, Anthrax, Faster PussyCat, Vixen (Yeah I Know, But the girls liked them! LOL), AC/DC, Lizzy Borden, Dokken, Dio, Krokus, MAN I could go on and on and on. We listened to it all. Also loved watching Head Bangers Ball hosted by Adam Curry and the man Ricki then Pinfield took over I think! :rockon:
Glad you started this topic!!

I really like your taste in music but you said Hair Bands, Metallica, Ozzy, Anthrax, Motorhead, and AC/DC are more heavy metal or hard rock. Where the classic hair bands or glam bands had a somewhat softer feminine appearance.

Lemmy would smack you, if he knew you mentioned Motorhead as a hairband.
Ozzy had maybe one hair band album "The Ultimate Sin" thats when he had the puffy hair look.

I have XM and when im not listening to Ron and Fez or O&A im in the Boneyard
or listening to the 80's. I have sirius on my Dish network and they have a channel call hair nation
Tesla's modern day cowboy is playing as I type.

But where is QUITE RIOT!!!

BANG YOUR HEAD!!!!! METAL HEALTH WILL DRIVE YOU MAD!!!!!

And you are a GNR fan if you get a chance grab a copy of HEAVEN "KNOCKING on HEAVENS DOOR"

I have a youtube link somewhere to the video from 84
I have feeling you may like it

grab your tights and hairspray and get ready to rock.

Check it out, loved this Australian Hair Band from 83/84.

I actually had both of their US releases

Now you can only get an Import which has most of their first album with few songs from the second and a new live album.
phs1986 Wrote:Well.... my oldest just brought me a list of songs to download for him and on it of all things was a couple of songs by the Hollies... and long cool woman in a black dress (by the Hollies).. LMAO.... this was even before MY time!!! LOLOL....

Sounds like he has good taste!!
Doc Holliday Wrote:Glad you started this topic!!

I really like your taste in music but you said Hair Bands, Metallica, Ozzy, Anthrax, Motorhead, and AC/DC are more heavy metal or hard rock. Where the classic hair bands or glam bands had a somewhat softer feminine appearance.

Lemmy would smack you, if he knew you mentioned Motorhead as a hairband.
Ozzy had maybe one hair band album "The Ultimate Sin" thats when he had the puffy hair look.

I have XM and when im not listening to Ron and Fez or O&A im in the Boneyard
or listening to the 80's. I have sirius on my Dish network and they have a channel call hair nation
Tesla's modern day cowboy is playing as I type.

But where is QUITE RIOT!!!

BANG YOUR HEAD!!!!! METAL HEALTH WILL DRIVE YOU MAD!!!!!

And you are a GNR fan if you get a chance grab a copy of HEAVEN "KNOCKING on HEAVENS DOOR"

I have a youtube link somewhere to the video from 84
I have feeling you may like it

grab your tights and hairspray and get ready to rock.

Now Doc. The thread title is 80's Hair bands and hard rock. I think a few of these bands would qualify as hard rock. Maybe metal if you will but I don't think they are true heavy metal either. Slayer would be classified as metal.

Speaking of Ozzy and the Ultimate sin album. I saw that tour in 87 and Metallica opened for him. Damn what a show.

Who sings this one?

I ride,
I ride the wind that brings the rain,
A creature of love,
And I can't be tamed,
I want you,
Cause I'm gonna take your love from him,
And I'll touch your face and hot burning skin.
Doc Holliday Wrote:

Check it out, loved this Australian Hair Band from 83/84.

I actually had both of their US releases

Now you can only get an Import which has most of their first album with few songs from the second and a new live album.

How about the Japanese hair band from the late 80's.

Loudness- Thunder in the east.
miss read it i over looked the hard rock part, I am human ole Midee 1
LOL
Winger- Every thing you do
Fiona
Lita Ford- If I close my eyes. Duet with Ozzy. Damn she can play guitar.
Doc Holliday Wrote:miss read it i over looked the hard rock part, I am human ole Midee 1
LOL

Just giving you crap. Now can you tell me who sings that song?
you are a wasp fan!!!!
Doc Holliday Wrote:you are a wasp fan!!!!

Blackie Lawless is a strange individual. Good guess I suppose you have really kept up with the old music.

Check out Loudness-Crazy Nights.

Also do you remember Kip Winger and Fiona doing the duet?
I like "sleep in the fire".

How about Rainbow!!!!!
Doc Holliday Wrote:I like "sleep in the fire".

How about Rainbow!!!!!

The band rainbow or Dio's rainbow in the dark?

Warrant-Uncle Tom's cabin.....
Rainbow's keyboard player was Tony Carey he left the band a formed Planet P

and played all instruments on his albums.

I loved "Its a fine fine day" off solo album

and "Why Me" from planet P project

Video was of an astronaut whose head exploads at the end!!

and
Street of dreams is played by Rainbow....correct?
Midee1 Wrote:The band rainbow or Dio's rainbow in the dark?

Warrant-Uncle Tom's cabin.....

Blackmore's Rainbow! Deep Purple rules.

If I told you that had not so kind words with Warrants lead singer at the Spearemint Rhino in Vegas 2 years ago, would you believe me. The man is an
***hole, drunk and didn't know how to treat his lady.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Blackmore's Rainbow! Deep Purple rules.

If I told you that had not so kind words with Warrants lead singer at the Spearemint Rhino in Vegas 2 years ago, would you believe me. The man is an
***hole, drunk and didn't know how to treat his lady.

I would believe that. He is probably a washed up hasbeen since they have not had a hit since the 80's.

How about Sebastian Bach in Skid Row. Man that dude could make your hair stand on end with his vocals. Youth gone wild was our theme song when I was in school.Smile
Midee1 Wrote:Street of dreams is played by Rainbow....correct?

That would be the one. Dio was a one time lead singer for them on earlier work.
cant remeber who sang on street of dreams but i dug his voice.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Blackmore's Rainbow! Deep Purple rules.

Smoke on the water and a big old 80's fattie........:letsparty
Another Brick in the Wall/ and FreeBird was our class songs.

Turn Me Loose by Loverboy was our senior trip song.

Pink Floyd is my favorite band.

I have 16 cd's of unreleased material plus about 30 bootleg concerts. a copy of a "The Wall demo, done by waters that he took to band as a project.
and 10 or 12 concert videos.

Have a friend who has just about every concert Led Zep ever did
Another brick in the wall was a few years before my time. I was about 8 or 9 when it came out if I recall correctly. Loverd it though.

http://www.bighairmetal.com/