Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
76.92%
Ironton (OH)
23.08%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton (OH) @ Russell 9/2
Thoughts?
Right now, based on the Wheelersburg scrimmage and Ironton's loss Friday, I'd have to give the edge to Russell.
Local Rivalry comparing scores really no count in these type of games.... Ironton maybe down but so is Russell obviously... I give the edge to the Tigers might be down but will still be physical up front.... It will take more than 7 from the great offensive guru TJ BAHA LOL
Russell by 10
^^^^until they score ten points in a game I'm not gonna say they will beat someone by ten.
RAMDAD50 has me fired up. :devilflam

Russell 28
Ironton (OH) 14
Russell 27
Ironton 7
flatweed evils 7-6 again
Ironton wins , Russell offense is offensive to watch , line is pretty bad , can't throw the ball = long year for Conley
Ironton just needs to score 8 points and they win!!!!!!
Hahahahaha
Yes evil fans your gonna hear from me all year.....
Ironton, OH - 21

Russell - 13
I played for Ivan and love the man, been going to games for 25 years since I graduated. Some of you guys need to get off TJ'S back if you thought you could do better then ya should of applied for the job. If you don't like the offense then don't go watch. Yes it wasn't the most productive night from the O against GC but give them some credit too they are very good again defensively this year. It's the first game if they are still scoring 6 points a game by the by the West Carter game I'll buy ya a cold beverage....
Russell 22
Ironton 6
The frustrating thing is RHS I have seen TJ do better with wing-t when he was at Greenup. IMO the last coach to be successful at Greenup for any stretch of time was TJ. I'm not saying abandon what he believes in all together but he has to be realistic and get the most out of what he has at the moment. A few double tight under center formations with a fullback would make a world of differance as far as establishing some sort of offensive balance and identity.
Ok guys.....your trying to tell me that Ivan didn't have years when he had some great skill players and would have been better off throwing the ball more???Did he scrappy the offense and throw it 30 times a game? NO....Ivan had bad years but he stayed the course.Dont get me wrong I think TJ is highly overrated but you don't scrap what your doing and change the offense every year.Your talking about high school kids....some of them can't go on two......
You can put in a different package but like I said I deal with the same crap as a Raceland fan.I think you guys are very lucky to have had the success you've had the first two seasons in this new system.Hell when Raceland switched it was awful. We threw the ball 50 times a game and maybe completed 12.You would be at a ballgame till midnight.

Just remember guys..... YOU WANTED HIM!!!! Hahahaha hahahahaha
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Ok guys.....your trying to tell me that Ivan didn't have years when he had some great skill players and would have been better off throwing the ball more???Did he scrappy the offense and throw it 30 times a game? NO....Ivan had bad years but he stayed the course.Dont get me wrong I think TJ is highly overrated but you don't scrap what your doing and change the offense every year.Your talking about high school kids....some of them can't go on two......
You can put in a different package but like I said I deal with the same crap as a Raceland fan.I think you guys are very lucky to have had the success you've had the first two seasons in this new system.Hell when Raceland switched it was awful. We threw the ball 50 times a game and maybe completed 12.You would be at a ballgame till midnight.

Just remember guys..... YOU WANTED HIM!!!! Hahahaha hahahahaha

We still want him. Who said we did not?
I think TJ is a great coach. Just because the OL didn't perform well against a good GC defense doesn't mean they'll be scoring 7 every week. They'll play better against Ironton and win. Plus, other than West Carter's defense, they'll be just fine in District play. They'll have to outscore Fleming. The only worry in that game is that it is at Fleming.
Russell will be a changed team come friday. The O line learned a lot about themselves and with the great line coach that Russell has you will see a big improvement. These kids want to win and will be ready for Ironton. I also think we will see Smith throwing the ball much better. Smith is a good quarterback and just had a bad game. Can't wait to see Russell and Ironton play. This should be a great game with Russell winning by 8 point.

Russell 21
Ironton 13
The Devils can't look any worse on offense than they did on Saturday. Things can only get better. Ironton gave up 49 points last week. Defense doesn't look to be their strong suit this year.

Russell 27
Ironton 13
Yea playing Wheelersburg , who's a legitamit title contender in their division in Ohio, and playing Greenup are apples and oranges.... Both teams their hands full...
Russell moved the ball better against Wheelersburg than Greenup County.
I didn't say that we would equal Wheelersburg's output. Just that Russell's offensive output would increase against a questionable Ironton defense.
Any word on the injury status of Brinkman, Ison, or Coburn?
Brinkman will play on friday.
Russell 17
Fighting Tigers 14
Ironton always seems to give Russell problems no matter how far down they are but I think Russell gets a close win at home.

Russell 14

Ironton 13
RHS Wrote:I played for Ivan and love the man, been going to games for 25 years since I graduated. Some of you guys need to get off TJ'S back if you thought you could do better then ya should of applied for the job. If you don't like the offense then don't go watch. Yes it wasn't the most productive night from the O against GC but give them some credit too they are very good again defensively this year. It's the first game if they are still scoring 6 points a game by the by the West Carter game I'll buy ya a cold beverage....

There wasn't one bad thing said about TJ in this thread...only about Russell's problems on offense -the O-line and passing game. And you should learn to use periods to divide your sentences.

Now, with that said, watching Russell's offense could make your eyes bleed....

Ironton 24
Russell 6
I think both teams improve on offense this week. I think Russell gets 2 in a row against the Ironton.
Russell 27
Ironton 17