Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 30 Montgomery 28
Final
Congrats LC
Good win LC
Kids played their tails off! Great win against a team that beat us last year. Always good to win your home opener!
Good win and a good hard fought game. mc had a lot of players and size. Lc has to figure out special teams! The offense took a major step forward and the defense is pretty good at the run but still has problems to fix in the secondary. All in all proud of these young boys with only 5 seniors on a 55 man roster.
Congrats coach Short on your 1st win as head coach! Not sure what Montgomery returned this year but they beat us last season. Why do I get a funny feeling that we are about to see some really good football being played in Louisa in a few seasons? Proud of this young team! They are going to get better as the season goes.
Congratulations To the Dawgs and to Coach Short for your first W has the head coach of the family.
In the pound Wrote:Good win and a good hard fought game. mc had a lot of players and size. Lc has to figure out special teams! The offense took a major step forward and the defense is pretty good at the run but still has problems to fix in the secondary. All in all proud of these young boys with only 5 seniors on a 55 man roster.
The Dawgs really do need to get their special teams figured out. Really just the extra point and punting. It has killed us in these 1st two games ,especially this last game. Two fumbled punt attempts and the inability to connect on the extra point tries nearly cost us the game this week and possibly did cost us the game last week because if we got the extra points we may have won that game. Need to find a full time kicker that can devote his time to just kicking. Quite sure they know this already though.
The fumbled punt I thought was gonna cost the kids the game. These kids came back and had their teammates back and just marched the football down the field. I was impressed how composed the young guys where when it looked like mc had all the momentum. Once again I'm just proud of these kids. Win or lose these kids make lc proud!
Really happy with the outcome of this game and I have full faith in Coach Short as HC and the staff behind him. I do believe you start to see a trend with Coach Short teams that will steadily get better throughout the year and become one of those teams you want to get early in this year before they figure everything out. To see how this team will look in a couple years is extremely exciting.
Congratulations, LC!
0ff The Chain Wrote:The Dawgs really do need to get their special teams figured out. Really just the extra point and punting. It has killed us in these 1st two games ,especially this last game. Two fumbled punt attempts and the inability to connect on the extra point tries nearly cost us the game this week and possibly did cost us the game last week because if we got the extra points we may have won that game. Need to find a full time kicker that can devote his time to just kicking. Quite sure they know this already though.

Does LC have a soccer program? Is so, find the best leg, get him to come a couple days a week and kick footballs, then show up on Friday nights. Thats what alot of teams do.
Congrats LC, Coach Short and coaching staff. I expect big things at LC in the years to come, especially with the staff Short has put together.
This was a good win. I thought the offense looked a little better. We have some pretty decent lineman it looks like