Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upset Team
Who do you think will be an upset team next year in Class AA Region 4. And when I say upset I mean a team that will do worse than expected, or a team that will do better than expected.

Class AA Region 4

Belfry(2003 and 2004 state champions) 14-1
Breathitt County(2002 state champions) 11-1
Prestonburg(2003 and 2004 Regional runners-up) 10-3
Middlesboro 7-5
Leslie County 6-5
Shelby Valley 5-6
Pike County Central(highest district finish ever(3rd)in 2004) 5-6
Cawood 4-7
Magoffin County 3-7
Whitesburg 2-8
East Ridge 2-8
Knott County Central 2-8
Sheldon Clark 2-8

My guesses are:
Pike County Central and Leslie County will do better than expected
Belfry, Prestonsburg, and Breathitt wont be as good as they have in the past.

Post away and try not to let this thread get out of Hand.
belfry will not make it past 2nd round next year..............just my opinon...they lost too much
For once I think I'm going to agree with you Maroon. They did lose a whole lot, with Jones and Howard leaving. However, Haywood will have those boys ready to play regardless of who they lost. They won't be state material, but they will still have a pretty good overall record I think.
Who do you all think will be some underestimated teams?
Well...depending on how much PC rebuild they will be a good team. Valley will be a good team as well...I would lvoe to see this match up by the way.
I think that PC will b underestimated as so will Leslie

and M-Boro had a very very very young team and faired actually well last year so watch for them to b a threat.
Yeah Middlesborro has a good young qb steppin up next year (Trevor Hoskins)
yes and he is also a very agressive LB a "head hunter"
i dont expect Pikeville to have as many wins this season as in the past only becasue of the tough schedule...but i think they will surprise everyone and make it deep into the playoffs
id say 3rd round 30
Underestimated Teams

Belfry & Prestonsburg......You can never count these two out. As much as everyone would love to see them crumble and fall apart , I don;t see it happening :lol:

Teams that may improve

Central & Valley
That's true BP on Belfry and P'burg. But ya can't win em all lol.. But I don't think they are underestimated, they are still the front runners of the district. Just taht next year the district will be as close to even as I can ever remember, even though its not really even.. Did that make sense?

PC and Valley have much room to improve, and given the proper training, could have a couple of good teams.. But ya can't really count out SC either. Last year was a bad year for them, the worst in years actually, but in time they too will be a threat again I would say.
Contrary to popular belief, I can see through my Red & White painted glasses and see that next season will not be as successful you may say as the last two have been I still think Belfry & Prestonsburg will play for the District Title.

Those two and Breathitt County are the three teams to beat in Mountain Class AA.....Have been for a long time now, and I don't see it changing. I will say that Belfry's team as a whole has the experiance of playing in the playoffs and the State Championship game twice and going 27-2 in two years. That's experiance you cannot buy anywhere......
BelfryPride Wrote:Contrary to popular belief, I can see through my Red & White painted glasses and see that next season will not be as successful you may say as the last two have been I still think Belfry & Prestonsburg will play for the District Title.

Those two and Breathitt County are the three teams to beat in Mountain Class AA.....Have been for a long time now, and I don't see it changing. I will say that Belfry's team as a whole has the experiance of playing in the playoffs and the State Championship game twice and going 27-2 in two years. That's experiance you cannot buy anywhere......

Belfry lost two games in 03, didnt they? I thought they lost to boyd county that year? i might be mistaken though.
O3 they did lose to Boyd in Pike County bowl pretty badly also if my mind serves me correct.
Bamma, hoskins for Middlesboro isnt a linebacker. If he is, I sure dont think he would a good one. He only weighs about 160 pounds. He would killed by most good teams. He was a reciever last year.
yeah he came in as qb tho at the end of the 3rd quarter and looked very impressive for a sophomore, what did he play on defense mario, corner?
Yea he played corner because they had me at Wide a few times. Me and him were going at it because we both played the same positions. We aint too big of fans on each other lol
Were not talking about ind. players. Were talking about teams
On any given night, an upset is possible when you have a District fairly balanced. Your District will be fun to watch. Every team mentioned will be after the State Champs. This will make or break Belfrey. I would not take them for granted because they lost a couple of great backs. Behind every Star there is a younger one to take their place... Smile
just ignore this as it is a test..
Hurley Wrote:Were not talking about ind. players. Were talking about teams

Sry Hurley, didn't mean to get off topic.
I could see the Bobcats of Betsy Layne upsetting a couple of teams this year. Coming off of a 4 win season that nobody would have ever thought would have happened. Good luck BL and keep up the hard work.
only because they brought in a good transfer in anthony gallespie
That is true Anthony is a good running back and is very tough to take down.
Quote:Prestonburg(2003 and 2004 Regional runners-up) 10-3

Middlesboro was 2003 regional runner up[/quote]
Middlesboro was very young last year and should be good next year. IN 2003 P-Burg was runners-up. They lost to Belfry in the Regional championship