Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capital, WV @ Johnson Central 08/26
Bob Seger Wrote:Hopefully Mother Nature will comply.

I seen the East KY. Gearheads had posted it on Facebook, so you know it's happening once it become Facebook Official.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Does anybody know if West Virginia has a BGR counterpart?
In the radio spot running on WSIP....

It says that Capital has played in the Class 3A state title game, 8 out of the last 13 years.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody know if West Virginia has a BGR counterpart?
I found 2 wv sites so far http://www.scout.com/college/west-virgin...orts?s=159

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_t...d,1.0.html
Capital has a really fast linebacker that is committed to Louisville. My son played AAU with several of those boys a few years ago. Very fast and very athletic, hopefully JC can out muscle them.
proud44pirate Wrote:Capital has a really fast linebacker that is committed to Louisville. My son played AAU with several of those boys a few years ago. Very fast and very athletic, hopefully JC can out muscle them.

If JC wanted a team to help prepare them for South Warren's team speed I don't think they could have picked a better team.

This game reminds me of how Belfry went and scheduled Henry Clay to help them better compete with Central. Playing Capital doesnt make JC faster, but it does make South Warren's speed a little less surprising. If you give up a TD because you took the wrong angle on Defense against Capital, it may mean you don't give up that same TD against South Warren because you adjust your angle.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If JC wanted a team to help prepare them for South Warren's team speed I don't think they could have picked a better team.

This game reminds me of how Belfry went and scheduled Henry Clay to help them better compete with Central. Playing Capital doesnt make JC faster, but it does make South Warren's speed a little less surprising. If you give up a TD because you took the wrong angle on Defense against Capital, it may mean you don't give up that same TD against South Warren because you adjust your angle.

As big of a JC fan that I am... I will be the first person to say the overall team speed of SW was incredible and we had no answer.
Does anybody know what teams (if any) Capital has scrimmaged?

1st and 2nd quarter may be close, JC may even be down... but the game will be won by JC in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody know what teams (if any) Capital has scrimmaged?

1st and 2nd quarter may be close, JC may even be down... but the game will be won by JC in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

Ive seen this team play, trust me it won't be close. Mutney might choose to keep it close for a while so he can tell the radio guys on the post game show how good this team was. JC 47 team comparable to Phelps 6.
jim rome Wrote:Ive seen this team play, trust me it won't be close. Mutney might choose to keep it close for a while so he can tell the radio guys on the post game show how good this team was. JC 47 team comparable to Phelps 6.
Rome is hitting the sauce again. Floppy Melons sell him some? Lol
jim rome Wrote:Ive seen this team play, trust me it won't be close. Mutney might choose to keep it close for a while so he can tell the radio guys on the post game show how good this team was. JC 47 team comparable to Phelps 6.

I hope you are not that stupid!
Matney shows them city boys how we play football in mountains.... JC is tough at home.... Hostile environment is worth at least one td is high school football... Eagles grind out a 28-17 win
[Image: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=584F80E7]

This was sent to me "randomly"..... said that they think I should share this.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:[Image: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=584F80E7]

This was sent to me "randomly"..... said that they think I should share this.

This is how most of WV people think about Ky football it's a shame but I hope you guys put one on them good luck JC I'm pulling for you guys

I sure hope you getting some king of mental health treatment. If not, you must quit smoking these home grown cigarettes because you have all ready killed most of your brain cells. :please:
This is a very tough game and schedule for Johnson Central this year. They've beefed up their schedule and will be playing four power house West Virginia teams. Cabell Midland, Capital, South Charleston and Belfry. :biggrin:
Monte Wrote:I hope you are not that stupid!

She is.
PHSForever Wrote:Rome is hitting the sauce again. Floppy Melons sell him some? Lol

She prolly manufactures her own sauce Confusednicker:
Weather is beautiful in Johnsonville.....

Hopefully the car show and pre game activities will be Poppin' for the Big Sandy RECC Bowl.

I've waited since the long drive home from Bowling Green for this day..... and it's here!!!!!!!!!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is a very tough game and schedule for Johnson Central this year. They've beefed up their schedule and will be playing four power house West Virginia teams. Cabell Midland, Capital, South Charleston and Belfry. :biggrin:

^ Confusednicker::truestory:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is a very tough game and schedule for Johnson Central this year. They've beefed up their schedule and will be playing four power house West Virginia teams. Cabell Midland, Capital, South Charleston and Belfry. :biggrin:

:biglmao:

HAHA I'll even give credit on that one...

Too bad JC's overall SOS is taking a hit from Ashland though
I'd love to see this game. I think Capital would have to be favored slightly but I hope JC gets the win.
Johnson Central is extremely tough to beat at home. Capital will give them a solid test, but I think the Eagles at home get the win. Capital will keep it close though. Everything I have seen and read on them points to them as a very good team.
Good luck to the Eagles!!!
No prediction. Never seen Capital play.
Kudos to JC on SOS this year.
Great early season match-up. Johnson Central is ranked #2 in KY 4A and was the state runner up from 2015. Capital is ranked #2 in WV 3A and was the state runner up from 2015. Looks like two teams that are mirror images. Two good teams that will benefit from a regular season match against quality competition. Should allow both teams to have a better view of their strengths and weaknesses.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA I'll even give credit on that one...

Too bad JC's overall SOS is taking a hit from Ashland though
EKUAlum05 with the major :flame: BURN!!!!!!

:biglmao: :hilarious: Confusederved: :thanks:
Good luck JC. Capital will come to play. They do have team speed. They have a Sophmore RB who is a giant. Will take more than one to bring him down. The Qb is a sophmore who started at WR as a Freshman. Watched them scrimmage last week against a lesser opponent in Ripley. They scored 56 points and could have scored at will. Very good team. They talk alot on the field so hope your kids don't get pulled into that. Will be watching scoreboard on wvmetronews.