Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Prestonsburg 14
Final from HHF. Panthers start at 1-0.
How many players did PBurg dress tonight?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Panthers offense picked up where they left off last year. Defense on the other hand looked a little bit off. Prestonsburg controlled the clock in the first quarter driving down the field for a score.
Looked like Prestonsburg had about 25-28 kids dressed tonight
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How many players did PBurg dress tonight?

I counted 31 dressed, but only saw about 3 "players". The parents in our section said if Butcher was not there, our talanted players would have came out and played or not transferred. Sounds like he is a cancer to the program.
I watch this game and Pikeville to me the team to beat in Class A
Congrats Panthers.
What a fun game! Last night, people saw that Battaille and Rhodes, and several others are more than capable of taking over games now too. D needs some work, but it is nothing major, coaching can fix it, along with experience at corner and end. Pikevilles D was without normal starting NG, which caused a little shuffling. We will be fine.
Congrats Panthers. Looking forward to another great season.
Congrats Panthers!!

Hang in there Blackcats!
Good start to the season for the Panthers!! As an outsider that no longer lives in the area I don't understand how the Pburg program has fallen so far. I guess the fact that the 2A Blackcats only dress around 30 while the 1A Panthers dress around 50 says a lot about the current state of both programs and the excitement, or there lack of, around each program. Good luck the rest of the season for both teams!! Hopefully Pikeville stays healthy during the regular season and is clicking on all cylinders come playoff time and Prestonsburg is soon back to playing the Prestonsburg football that we all know.
Great start to the season for Pikeville. 1st quarter D - was a little shaky -and allowed a long painful drive, but that's to be expected this early. A lot of key guys to replace on both sides of the ball. The Panthers will be fine and will be a contender for the Title.

Prestonsburg - #1 I think really caught my attention .. heard he was a sophomore .. gave some hits and took some big hits and shedded them off . Strong looking running back!
Congrats Pikeville, Prestonsburg good luck on the rest of the season! I truly hope this crap storm blows over and we see the old program back again :1:
There were some things that Coach Mac and staff need to work on, especially on defense and special teams. With that said, the pieces are there for another run as long as we keep getting better each week and stay focused. If Derossett coaches @ P-Burg another five years, they won't have a football program...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If Derossett coaches @ P-Burg another five years, they won't have a football program...

In three more years they will be recruiting from the girls volleyball team :blonde:
Congrats to the Panthers & good luck on the season.

Blackcats need a lot of work.
They do, I truly and honestly wish them the best..I remember when 50-60 guys would come out for football(least that's what Im remembering)..I cant believe that we are at 25-30 guys dressing out now..
Those kids really want to play and I wish them the best. Hope it gets better for them,especially the seniors!
Panther Thunder Wrote:
As always, simply THE gold standard for HS football highlights. Great job, PT!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:

Nice job as always PT!!!
Didn't know about the "SNAB" stickers on our helmets until after the game. I heard they will be on our helmets from here on out! That's beyond excellent if true! Snab Phillips was the heart and soul of this program for nearly half a century. RIP Snab!
Blackcat2001 Wrote:I counted 31 dressed, but only saw about 3 "players". The parents in our section said if Butcher was not there, our talanted players would have came out and played or not transferred. Sounds like he is a cancer to the program.

The Derossett's are the CANCER, Butcher is the CHEMO and Webb is the DOCTOR. Only one person can fix this problem. :redboxer:
Nice video
Pikeville overall looked good. Defense will be better as season goes, had a few players out. Working on depth and who plays where now. True test will be in couple weeks vs Paintsville.

PT as always great video.