Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 34 Middlesboro 18
His sweep play was his only touch and I recall good yardage and I thought it was a horrible call by refs. Big play at the time. Your right has to touch it some way.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:For those that didn't make it to the game, I feel that I have to clear this up.

- Middlesboro gained 62 yards on the ground, a far cry from the claim made that they were in the red in rushing yards.(Williams had 9 carries for 53 yards - 6 ypc)

- Bell gained 218 yards on the ground. They haven't posted their player stats but I'd bet they didn't really average 6 a carry.

- Middlesboro outgained Bell 301-218.

It doesn't change the outcome but does clear up some misleading/inaccurate statements.

Just remember tho Bell Co had a 90 yard KO return too. So yards would be fairly even.
Middlesboro Wrote:Just remember tho Bell Co had a 90 yard KO return too. So yards would be fairly even.

Very valid point. I will concede to that. Total yardage was more a less a wash with that in mind. My main contention was that 1. Middlesboro was definitely not in the negative for rushing yards and 2. Bell probably didn't gain 6 a carry.
WhyLie Wrote:You can take whatever you like from the statement, but Middlesboro had 9 and sometimes 10 defenders on the line of scrimmage and we averaged 6 yards a carry. While the Jackets had negative yards rushing for the game. We had 2 pass plays for the game both incomplete. It was one of the smallest weakest Middlesboro teams in a while. Speed you do have, but not when the OL lets them in the backfield before it starts. From , your statements I question if you were at the same game.
Why do you keep referring to yourself as a bell fan when your coaching at Whitley! Let it Go!!!! Worry about the black and red and not the gold and black!!!! Sounds to me you need to worry about Whitley stopping someone 42-6 ouch!!!!
Do you guys know how bad Humfleet is hurt yet
Praying for this young man hope he's ok
Humbfleet is hurt bad from reports gonna be out for the year...
Trashtalker Wrote:Why do you keep referring to yourself as a bell fan when your coaching at Whitley! Let it Go!!!! Worry about the black and red and not the gold and black!!!! Sounds to me you need to worry about Whitley stopping someone 42-6 ouch!!!!

You and your buddy are lost. I can however promise you that he could care less what your program does. But go ahead and think what you want. We showed you Friday , Mobor by 3. Keep using all the excuses, end of the year when you are right back where you were, you and MHSParent will be gone again.
I don't know who you think I am, or my buddy for that matter.... I have not made one excuse! Your the one that's lost.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Do you guys know how bad Humfleet is hurt yet
Praying for this young man hope he's ok

Done for the year. Will have surgery and ACL and MCL are both gone.
Wow huge blow to Bell.
Sucks really bad when it's a senior.
I agree with whoever said it that Chase Elliot needs to touch the football more and I'm sure the coaching staff will find a way to make that happen.. we ran the football great at first but all the sudden they got away from it and started passing the ball way to much. The new QB has a good arm and with those wide receivers he should have a big year #12 Corey Hairston impressed me the most , he's improved a lot since last year. Hate to hear about the Bell player out for the season I was really looking forward to watching and following him this season , it doesn't seem fair.
Trashtalker Wrote:Why do you keep referring to yourself as a bell fan when your coaching at Whitley! Let it Go!!!! Worry about the black and red and not the gold and black!!!! Sounds to me you need to worry about Whitley stopping someone 42-6 ouch!!!!

I do wish Whitley could get some good coaches that weren't Bell County fans hung up on bashing Middlesboro.