Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ South Laurel 8/19/16
Sticking with NL in this contest! We got to see them scrimmage East Jessamine ( NL 6 TD's EJ 1 TD in the scrimmage ) last week and their line man handled EJ's, wasn't expecting that but really good to see. Coming off that great season last year didn't know what to expect - they lost some great players but appeared to us they are going to be SOLID in a lot of areas this season. Those Jr's are tuff, hard core players! This team has a lot going for it from the early preview we saw! I'm saying Jags by 3 TD's at least against SL. :welcome:
This one has the possibility to get ugly late. Confusedinglepar

North Laurel 45
South Laurel 13
64SUR Wrote:This one has the possibility to get ugly late. Confusedinglepar

North Laurel 45
South Laurel 13

Always look forward to cross town rivals game like this because both teams get up for it as a rule! Not so much last season, but before that they did. :redboxer:
A Rockcastle coach has a son coaching at south and has told some south is actually much improved and has a great chance to beat north because of their skill kids
North will Kick South, just like Civil War !! Jags Big.
If North comes out ready to play could be another ugly game. But if they don't, South is a better team this year. If South hangs with them thru the 3rd quarter it could get very interesting and the home field will come into play. Don't take this game for granted North!! No 56 to Zero tonight, but North still gets the W, North 35 South 14.
This one spooks me a little. Last time we played at South (2014), we were quite a bit better than them, but played really poorly and was lucky to win 20-14. We can't be as good as were last year, at least not this early in the season, and South will surely be better. But I still think we're gonna be really good offensively again, a lot of different, talented kids at the skill positions. It should be a good season and if the defense, which lost nine starters, plays well, it could be another very good season. Still in this one I'll take North 34-21 with the game still up for grabs in the fourth quarter.
This will be closer than most think. The wet conditions will be a factor too. I think North wins a hard fought, close game.
Jags by 24
Looks like I was wrong on the close part! It could tighten up in the second half but so far it's all North, 18-0 halftime.
Neither team looks very good. South with no offense, and embarrassing special teams. North may get spanked by Wayne next week.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Neither team looks very good. South with no offense, and embarrassing special teams. North may get spanked by Wayne next week.

Agreed lots and lots of mistakes. North has a ways to go, but time to get there.
Great atmosphere for this game. South had no offense the play that changed the game. South was driving nearing the end of the half down 2 scores by far their best and most productive drive they were throwing it well and a tipped pass in the end zone led to a north interception and it was pretty much all north from then on. North has got to get a lot better