Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Election Polls/Forecasts
"Hillary Clinton’s post-convention lead has disappeared, putting her behind Donald Trump for the first time nationally since mid-July.

The latest weekly Rasmussen Reports White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Trump with 40% support to Clinton’s 39% among Likely U.S. Voters, after Clinton led 42% to 38% a week ago."
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...ouse_watch

Most polls show Clinton still leading but with the margins tightening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, looks like Hoot is a little anti-trump. None of my business. I respect it.

Latest RCP shows that its a 292-246 Race as of today (favor Clinton). That includes 29 electoral votes that flipped to clinton overnight. Yesterday Trump led for the first time of the entire cycle. Nate Silver is predicting Trump winning as of today. He's pretty accurate too apparently. Michael Moore now says that Trump WILL win. Betting odds are trending upwards for Trump, I've seen them 58-42 recently. The amount of money flowing in, and the massive voter registration drive totals, along with a sagging economy.... its pointing to what I thought impossible. Its seriiously too close to call. I want call it one way or the other. I'm a libertarian first and formost. BUT..... I will forsake my beliefs (Trump is close to being one himself. He wants the governent out of our life. He's pro freedom. And he's super non-interventionist and isolationist.) Anyways, I will vote for trump if his vote is needed. I'm in Virginia, polls show it close (about a 5 point race as of today.) I work for the republican party here in the state, and I know that our numbers are behind, but our registration drives are unreal. People are coming out to register that haven't voted in 30-40 years, to try and stop team Hillary. Virginia isn't as blue as people think. This state is up for grabs. Trump is taking is serious.

All I can say is this... I laughed til my gut hurt when he said he was going to run. I laughed until my gut hurt when he debated the other 15ish opponents. I laughed until I cried when he pretended to have a shot. And last night.... I saw him standing on stage of the presidential debate. Less than 100 people have ever had that opportunity in our nations history. He was a long shot. He was a nobody. A boy, among men. Yet, he has risen through the polls, leading in states that were wrote our by all previous republicans. Colorado is red as of today! Pennsylvania is a DEAD HEAT. less than 1%. Michigan is in play. Wisconsin. Oregon!!!

I'm a political legend. No joke. My phone rings at all hours of the day and night for political advice and political work. When it comes to this campaign.... NO ONE knows what this man is capable of. He has the heart of a lion. And I won't count him out until that last vote is counted.

And as of today... add 1 vote to virginia.
This guy is leading in the latest Bloomberg, Rasmussen, Reuters/Ipsos, LA Times/USC, and within the MOE in the vast majority of other polls. Hillary outside in 1. Trump outsite of MOE in 2.

I just don't get it. The taste that clinton leaves in peoples mouth must be so bad that they are using Trump to cleanse the pallet.
I say whoever wins Colorado wins the election.
This could very well end up being just like the governors race in Kentucky....Matt Bevins was shown to be behind by 8 points going into election day and ended up winning by 9 in a landslide....I think that there will have to be a massive "go to vote" push by the dems to elect Clinton...I really don't think there is enough enthusiasm among democrats for her to rush the polls...She is certainly not revered as the savior like Obama was...Many dems hate her as much as republicans do.
Motley Wrote:I say whoever wins Colorado wins the election.

I think whoever wins a majority of the electoral votes (or ties 270-270, and then the house elects the President, Senate the VP).......will win the election.

Colorado is close, only because of Gary Johnson. The pot smokers are finding their savior in him. He is pulling more from Hillary than Trump, thus evening up the race a bit more. I still think at the end of day, Colorado will go blue. Bennet is winning by about 6-10 points in most polls. In one recently he was up 13. That alone tells me that because of the single party voters that exist, he will push up the vote tally for Clinton.

On a side note, in some states you can have 20 offices up for election, and check one box to vote for all of the same party. Never even knowing their name, positions, lies, scandals, mistresses, or gay lovers.

I for one, vote for the man and the policies they support. About 99% of the time, that is the republican. But if I know of neither candidate, and its not a position that will help a party control a legislative house of some level, I will abstain in that section. I don't vote parties. I vote people.
ronald reagan Wrote:I think whoever wins a majority of the electoral votes (or ties 270-270, and then the house elects the President, Senate the VP).......will win the election. .

Thanks for the sarcasm. I wasn't aware of an electoral college or how a President is elected until you told me.

I was just saying that for Trump to win the election Colorado will be a must win. Been a lot of talk lately about its importance.
Motley Wrote:Thanks for the sarcasm. I wasn't aware of an electoral college or how a President is elected until you told me.

I was just saying that for Trump to win the election Colorado will be a must win. Been a lot of talk lately about its importance.

Actually, thats not exactly the case. Trump can win without Colorado, in a variety of plausible and realistic ways.

Theres 14,000,000,000,000 (trillion) different combinations. Just in states that are tossups (within 5 points +/-), there are about 6 million possible ways it could go. When there's a dozen toss-up states, picking one state with a small number of electors as the eventual deciding state, is much like calling a basketball game by saying that it'll go into triple overtime, and team "X" by 1. It makes good dramatics, but its not a realistic prediction.

Statistically, when there's a dozen toss-up states, the state that is most important to win (and thereby offer the highest chance of victory overall) is the state with the most electors. In this case, Florida.

Case in point: If the election were held today, and based upon current polling as the actual vote tally. Hillary would win, regardless of who wins colorado. Gary Johnson or Jill Stein could win Colorado. Heck, Anthony Weiner could win a write-in ticket. Colorado could even cease to exist as a state, or refuse to send electors to the party. In fact, Colorado could break the law and circumvent the constitution, sending 2 electors for every 1 vote they are apportioned. And it wouldn't swing the election. Hillary is up 292 to 246 in the no-tossup poll of polls from RCP. Colorado only has 9 electoral votes.

Florida on the other hand, has 29 electoral votes. That would swing the election, as it would go to hillary as of today based upon this methodolgy. Even with Trump winning Colorado.

Heck, Trump could win Colorado AND Florida. And still lose. The current methodology has 1 electoral vote from maines 4 votes going to Trump (while many pundits and pollsters doubt that will happen). Thus, Trump winning Florida and Colorado, and losing that 1 vote in maine, and nevada (likely --- given their massive minority population) He'd still lose the electoral contest.

Pinning it on one state, with a tiny amount of electoral votes --- this far out, is a wreckless and long shot guess. I wouldn't consider it rooted in any sort of fact. When Colorado DOES count?? On Election day, when the stars align in a way on the east coast and midwest, that brings it down to just colorado remaining as the last swing state undecided. Until then.....

The election doesn't hang on colorado. It hangs upon the dozen or so toss-up states that not a single person on earth can say for sure how they'll vote in November.

There's no sarcasm here. Just truth.
ronald reagan Wrote:Actually, thats not exactly the case. Trump can win without Colorado, in a variety of plausible and realistic ways.

Theres 14,000,000,000,000 (trillion) different combinations. Just in states that are tossups (within 5 points +/-), there are about 6 million possible ways it could go. When there's a dozen toss-up states, picking one state with a small number of electors as the eventual deciding state, is much like calling a basketball game by saying that it'll go into triple overtime, and team "X" by 1. It makes good dramatics, but its not a realistic prediction.

Statistically, when there's a dozen toss-up states, the state that is most important to win (and thereby offer the highest chance of victory overall) is the state with the most electors. In this case, Florida.

Case in point: If the election were held today, and based upon current polling as the actual vote tally. Hillary would win, regardless of who wins colorado. Gary Johnson or Jill Stein could win Colorado. Heck, Anthony Weiner could win a write-in ticket. Colorado could even cease to exist as a state, or refuse to send electors to the party. In fact, Colorado could break the law and circumvent the constitution, sending 2 electors for every 1 vote they are apportioned. And it wouldn't swing the election. Hillary is up 292 to 246 in the no-tossup poll of polls from RCP. Colorado only has 9 electoral votes.

Florida on the other hand, has 29 electoral votes. That would swing the election, as it would go to hillary as of today based upon this methodolgy. Even with Trump winning Colorado.

Heck, Trump could win Colorado AND Florida. And still lose. The current methodology has 1 electoral vote from maines 4 votes going to Trump (while many pundits and pollsters doubt that will happen). Thus, Trump winning Florida and Colorado, and losing that 1 vote in maine, and nevada (likely --- given their massive minority population) He'd still lose the electoral contest.

Pinning it on one state, with a tiny amount of electoral votes --- this far out, is a wreckless and long shot guess. I wouldn't consider it rooted in any sort of fact. When Colorado DOES count?? On Election day, when the stars align in a way on the east coast and midwest, that brings it down to just colorado remaining as the last swing state undecided. Until then.....

The election doesn't hang on colorado. It hangs upon the dozen or so toss-up states that not a single person on earth can say for sure how they'll vote in November.

There's no sarcasm here. Just truth.

I'll rephrase........

In my opinion, it will come down to Colorado.