Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville RB Kent Phelps Verbally Commits
Paintsville standout RB Kent Phelps has verbally committed to play at Wofford. They love Kent at RB, Kent is the only RB Wofford rectuited in the Class of 2017. Full ride, run heavy offense. Awesome for Kent.
Wow! Congratulations Kent!
Another D1 from Paintsville TongueirateSho
Congrats & good luck Kent!!!
Awesome.

Wofford heavily recruits the state, which, IMO says a lot (a 1-AA POWER in the state of South Carolina where talent is plenty & they come to KY every year to snag kids).

Their long time HFC, Mike Ayers is from Georgetown (also played and coached there)....so, his Kentucky ties are strong. Their Defensive Coordinator, Nathan Fuqua is from/played at Danville High School, then went to Wofford in '99 where he was a two time 1-AA All-American on the DL....he has been at Wofford since the day he stepped foot on campus in '99.

GREAT school (it's and IVY League school in the south) w/ GREAT football. Their facilities are incredible....the Carolina Panthers have made it their home for pre-season camp for a long time now. Needless to say, they (much like the Bengals have with Georgetown) have helped with making their facilities as elite as they are.

They currently have SIX kids from Kentucky on their roster for the 2016 season.
Congrats to Kent Phelps. One heck of an athlete, and best of luck in the future.
Congratulations to Kent!
Congratulations Kent Phelps!
Congratulations to the young man!
Congrats to Kent...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Kent
Just checked out Wofford's schedule, they've got Ole Miss in there this year, replacing the Clemson game last year. Pretty cool. Excited for Kent, he's a hard worker on and off the field, and one of the finest young men you will ever meet.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville standout RB Kent Phelps has verbally committed to play at Wofford. They love Kent at RB, Kent is the only RB Wofford rectuited in the Class of 2017. Full ride, run heavy offense. Awesome for Kent.

A friend of mine, Eric Breitenstein, played FB for Wofford a while back. It's a solid school that usually has a decent program. Congratulations Kent!
Congrats to the young man. We will see you on Oct. 21.
Congrats to Kent Phelps! I've seen him play a few times, and this is an example of a kid that is a borderline D-1 player. I wish major colleges would give more kids like him an opportunity, but I am glad he is getting his education paid for.
Congrats Kent Phelps