Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at West Carter 8/19
The Rams travel to Olive Hill this week to kick off the 2016 regular season. The Rams looked solid in their Grid matchup with Bath Co, using their depth upfront, at WR, and at RB, probably more so than anyone expected, the rotation was used heavily and often upfront, even for a preseason scrimmage. West lost arguably the best player they have had in 20 years when Brown graduated last year, but his cousin and brother are looking to leave their legacy on the field as well. The Rams learned last year that no one can be overlooked and when you have a team on the ropes, you have to go for the kill shot and finish them off. Thoughts?

My prediction:
Rams start off hot for a change, then West adjusts and its close for awhile but the Rams experience upfront and multiple RB rotation wears the Comets down.

Rams 42
Comets 14
West is coming off of a strong 2015 season and I think they come in wanting to make a statement at home. I think West will play Raceland really good in the first half but the Rams wear them down in the late stages of the game.

Raceland 37
West Carter 13
Raceland wins by 4 scores or more.
Raceland - 38

West Carter - 14
I don't see west carter scoring on Racelands defense but I've been wrong before

Raceland 28
West carter 0
RAMS 38
West 6
Ram truck is coming to West Carter. Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

Raceland 49
West Carter 17
Raceland wins.
Ok Scotty.....After watching them play let's hear your prediction on their regular season record????NUT!!!! You to......let's hear it boys.
Gotta be careful of what I say I might upset someone . First off I watched Greenup / west Carter play also watched Ashland and keeping in mind Raceland played Bath co. Imo Racelands defense will dominate most teams this year especially up front on offense the line is work in progress and to be honest I'm not sure who's gonna end up playing , the skills kids are pretty dang good and deep , will play 4 running backs and 6 receivers that should be enough to put some points on the board I think Raceland goes 10-0
Dang....I wish I had your faith.Maybe my age and years of heart break have beating me down hahahahaha.I feel that no team should ever go undefeated in the reagular season.If you do you didn't schedule hard enough.I want my kids,if I'm the coach,to be able n the wrong end of a butt kicking.I think there is a lot to learn from getting beat down.Lets you know the character of your kids. Let you know if they've got the heart and desire to come back the next week and compete after getting beat badly.I hope they don't go 10-0.With that said I can see where it could be possible with the Ohio teams down a little and Ashland being down. But let's just win the first one hehehehe
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Gotta be careful of what I say I might upset someone . First off I watched Greenup / west Carter play also watched Ashland and keeping in mind Raceland played Bath co. Imo Racelands defense will dominate most teams this year especially up front on offense the line is work in progress and to be honest I'm not sure who's gonna end up playing , the skills kids are pretty dang good and deep , will play 4 running backs and 6 receivers that should be enough to put some points on the board I think Raceland goes 10-0

I hope Raceland can keep up spreading the ball around and utilizing all there players.. Raceland has the potential to be good. Got to see how the next 4 games go.
I believe it's close for the first half. 14-8 Raceland at half.
Final 42-8 Raceland. Depth gets the Comets.
Right now we lack the intensity for me to predict a 10-0 season. I see our DEF potentially being the best one we have had in the last 5 years. Like nut said, OL is a work in progress, but I dont think its a nagative factor no matter what personel we use. Depth and SPEED, the latter we have missed over the last few years. We have that now. Davidson looks much better, the OL/DL is a helluva a lot faster. We will live and by on intensity. If we stay up and dont get lethargic and "expect to win" and these boys go out and earn every win, then we could very well run the table. Realistically, I think we go 8-2, dropping one OH game and one against our better rivals. I do think though, we will win the district again and be back in the regional finals.
Too early for the hype machine boys. One game at a time...
Rams will be able to play a lot of different personal on both sides of the ball. If we know we have to get a few yards we can put in manis Wallace Fairchild hall Carmen. Those 5 should be able to handle most all D-line we face.Then we have Dixon Willet tanner Mauk and Harris i believe at times who will also get the job done. There will be games where some guys will play both ways more than others. It will depend on the competition. It's nice that we have so many players to use. The d-line will use Wallace and hall and Fairchild at tackles and Carmen, manis , Ferguson at ends. Let's just say it's nice to have the depth we hope we have. We will have others to fill in when needed. Rams will take each game 1 at a time and utilize our strengths we shouldn't have a problem with getting tired this year. Rams 42-7 in this one
Slic Ric Wrote:Too early for the hype machine boys. One game at a time...

Im basing my "thinks ans thoughts" on how hard these boyd have worked.
RB are pretty deep as well I believe we ran 6-7 different backs the other night. Walker will be the work horse good down hill runner. Love, Adkins and Black will all get plenty of carries as well. WR have a few deep threats, hopefully Davidson will crisp up his short game. Depending on what line is in will determine if he's throwing on the run or sitting in the pocket. Once we get some minutes under our belts and some tweaking of positions, watch out. Looks like we can possibly play 22-25 kids a night. Maybe more. Go Rams
BUT they still need to show me it all on the field. Kind of an odd schedule. The teams that are usually up are down by their standards or what we are used to seeing out of them. While teams like Greenup, West Carter, and Portsmouth West are up from the last few years. Leave no doubt, we arent good enough to overlook anybody.
Ram1998 Wrote:Rams will be able to play a lot of different personal on both sides of the ball. If we know we have to get a few yards we can put in manis Wallace Fairchild hall Carmen. Those 5 should be able to handle most all D-line we face.Then we have Dixon Willet tanner Mauk and Harris i believe at times who will also get the job done. There will be games where some guys will play both ways more than others. It will depend on the competition. It's nice that we have so many players to use. The d-line will use Wallace and hall and Fairchild at tackles and Carmen, manis , Ferguson at ends. Let's just say it's nice to have the depth we hope we have. We will have others to fill in when needed. Rams will take each game 1 at a time and utilize our strengths we shouldn't have a problem with getting tired this year. Rams 42-7 in this one
Ah i didn't see Harris play any offense against bath
The Rams are going to be tough to beat. I was at that EKC Grid game against Bath county and their defense was looking about as good as the 2013 team. If their D plays Friday like they did against Bath county then the Rams will win by 40 plus. They have so much depth on the D-line. Wallace,Hall, and Fairchile rotating at tackles and then Carmen,Harris, and Ferguson at ends. Plus the linebackers and Defensive backs give those guys a lot of help. The offense for the Rams is also very good. With QB Nathaniel Davidson coming back after 1 year under his belt is a big positive for the Rams. This team I believe can win it all this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:BUT they still need to show me it all on the field. Kind of an odd schedule. The teams that are usually up are down by their standards or what we are used to seeing out of them. While teams like Greenup, West Carter, and Portsmouth West are up from the last few years. Leave no doubt, we arent good enough to overlook anybody.

You are correct, not taking anything away from bath but we will be able to tell a little more over the next few weeks.
Short passing game will get better as the team gets better , couple pass's were late , couple were dropped one the receiver fell down and a couple were forced in a real game those throws don't happen he's tucking it and picking up some yards, Imo the offense don't have to put up 35 a game to win the defense will hard to score on
Rams by eleventy billion TongueirateSho
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im basing my "thinks ans thoughts" on how hard these boyd have worked.

Well hard work is great (& expected), but there's a reason why there have been only two undefeated regular season teams at Raceland. Everyone wants an undefeated season, but the only way that happens is taking it one game at a time.
Would rather have a state title with some losses than go undefeated and end up losing before the title game.
You are correct it was manis. My bad
Slic Ric Wrote:Well hard work is great (& expected), but there's a reason why there have been only two undefeated regular season teams at Raceland. Everyone wants an undefeated season, but the only way that happens is taking it one game at a time.
Would rather have a state title with some losses than go undefeated and end up losing before the title game.

Agree 100%
How did Bailey Walker and Damon Black look?
Raceland 42 to 14
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:How did Bailey Walker and Damon Black look?
Bailey looked strong and can take a hit. Sometimes I think he looks for someone to run over. Once free, very few ate gonna have thewheels to catch him.

Damon ran the ball very well, quick cuts, spin moves when meeting would be tackles. I was very much impressed.

Chase Love ran like a bulldog. Just kept digging with people wrapped around his legs.

Judd Adkins also looked very good. I think he will surprise a few people this year.

Very good core of running backs.