Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County's Justin Combs has resigned
I regret my decision of stooping to the level of posting on this foolish site and especially for getting into a "pissing contest" with weaker minded people. I am seriously thinking of deleting my account and leaving this site for "The Fellowship of the Miserable" to occupy! Good Day Sirs!
Misinformation seems to be the norm on here. Kinda like mainstream media!!!
Wheatfarmer Wrote:Misinformation seems to be the norm on here. Kinda like mainstream media!!!

In my opinion, the basketball coach should respect the fact that those guys are playing football and leave them alone during football season. I am sure the basketball staff wouldn't want football kids going to strongman competitions on the day of basketball games I am sure. It's obvious you're too close to the situation, I apologize for ruffling your feathers. We all need to be talking about this beat down we're going to put on Rowan Count next saturday. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I'M HOG WALD! PIG SUEY!!!
Strange goings on in Manchester
Just typical of what happens when a committee doesn't do its due diligence in hiring a coach by not having interviews etc. Absolutely no effort was made to find a logical, qualified coach, I was very much against the hiring of Combs, but once he was here nothing was done to help him in any way. If the same people are in charge of screening applicants for the next coach they should just turn the football field into a soccer pitch, just sad that a few adults could have such a negative effect on our kids in the football program.
Sad for a coach to walk on his kids like that if your not happy leave before game day!!! Not much of a man IMO
the sad thing is they didn't interview anyone and then hired a guy that had been coaching about 5 years and was the DC at a school that gave up big points!!!!! Hey if you can get a proven head coach and you don't interview that is one thing but to hire a guy that had proven nothing in the coaching world but to have played for Holcomb. That my friends is CRAZY!!!
Trashtalker Wrote:Sad for a coach to walk on his kids like that if your not happy leave before game day!!! Not much of a man IMO

Don't know Combs but what he did is wrong. Clay Co. is responsible for their own problems and maybe they can get it going the right way. Call Justin Bozeman or David Mitchell or Ask Eugene Hensley to take I back but do something. The Kids deserve better.:argue:
As far as I'm concerned Eugene is as responsible for the last hire and the situation we are currently in as anybody. This was Eugene's guy.
Cellking Wrote:Don't know Combs but what he did is wrong. Clay Co. is responsible for their own problems and maybe they can get it going the right way. Call Justin Bozeman or David Mitchell or Ask Eugene Hensley to take I back but do something. The Kids deserve better.:argue:

I spoke without knowing the situation. Now that I know a couple things I would be closer home also. Good Luck to Coach Combs.:thanks:
A lot of people don't know the situation. Like I've told people, anyone worth their grit would do what he did. I won't go into detail with it but his father is a wonderful man and Justin has been by his side his whole life. I've been out of coaching a while and it has certainly changed since 05. If your from eastern Kentucky then you know family is everything. That's why we still have our small towns. People value family for the most part. My father has been dead now for 12 years. I coached away for some but came back closer to home for the rest as an assistant. While away I missed out on a lot with my kids and wife. Could have seen my father more as well. I'll never bash a coach for doing what he thinks is right for his family. I'll never bash a coach period....Those of us that have done it know. Your not appreciated for what you do. You spend more time with someone else kid than you do your own. Is the timing bad...yes. But he didn't know the situation got worse until Wednesday or Thursday before the Pineville scrimmage. Decisions are double edged swords. But If anyone could be home to see their family earlier to spend time with them, that's where I would be. I agree with you cellking....David Mitchell would be a fine choice along with Justin Bozeman as well.
bobcatsfan Wrote:A lot of people don't know the situation. Like I've told people, anyone worth their grit would do what he did. I won't go into detail with it but his father is a wonderful man and Justin has been by his side his whole life. I've been out of coaching a while and it has certainly changed since 05. If your from eastern Kentucky then you know family is everything. That's why we still have our small towns. People value family for the most part. My father has been dead now for 12 years. I coached away for some but came back closer to home for the rest as an assistant. While away I missed out on a lot with my kids and wife. Could have seen my father more as well. I'll never bash a coach for doing what he thinks is right for his family. I'll never bash a coach period....Those of us that have done it know. Your not appreciated for what you do. You spend more time with someone else kid than you do your own. Is the timing bad...yes. But he didn't know the situation got worse until Wednesday or Thursday before the Pineville scrimmage. Decisions are double edged swords. But If anyone could be home to see their family earlier to spend time with them, that's where I would be. I agree with you cellking....David Mitchell would be a fine choice along with Justin Bozeman as well.
Your post is spot on. Prayers for his dad and his entire family.
Mitchell has moved on. No longer in the program. From what I hear an assistant is acting head coach.
The situation is terrible and if he truly left to take care of his family then he will get a teaching job but will not take any kind of coaching job that would take him away from his family this year anyway. I don't see that happening but hope I am wrong.
Well WHO IS THE HEAD COACH
Assistant coach Eddie Smith is the head coach.
Well I guess Justin Combs is really concerned about his family. He just took the head coach job. He sure done those kids wrong. Family must not come first.
Give us some info. on Coach Smith. Where he played and where he has coached before.
Everyone needs to get behind these kids and coaching staff they deserve our support.