Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Junior High County Tournament Bracket
Here are the matchups for the Pike County Tournament. The dates haven't been set in stone yet, but Feb 6th was targeted as the start date. The tournament will be held at Elkhorn City.

Belfry vs Bye

Kimper vs Feds Creek

Virgie vs Bye

Phelps vs Millard/Dorton

Pikeville vs Bye

Mullins vs Elkhorn

Johns Creek vs Bye

Millard/Dorton vs Bye

The last division game between Dorton and Millard hasn't been played yet. It will be played on Feb 1st. If Millard wins or loses by less than 5, they will play Johns Creek. If they lose by 5 or more, they will play Phelps.
Nice I see Pikeville wining it all.
Good luck to all who are participating....
Good Luck to all teams!! :Cheerlead

LETS GO BELFRY :1:
Kimper vs Feds Creek, that's fitting for the first round.

Good luck everyone.

thetribe Wrote:Kimper vs Feds Creek, that's fitting for the first round.

Good luck everyone.

Fc wins that one.
Yea, they will. That's not the point though. Kimper lacks a talent pool and most of FC's talent always transfers to Elkhorn.

thetribe Wrote:Yea, they will. That's not the point though. Kimper lacks a talent pool and most of FC's talent always transfers to Elkhorn.

Thats ture.
Go Dorton!!!!!!!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Go Dorton!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support PLAYBOY 5. The two obvious favorites in this tournament are Belfry and Pikeville. They both are probably 15 points better than the 3rd best team on most nights, but you never know in basketball. Crazy things can happen. For example, I watched Elkhorn and Virgie play yesterday. Virgie looked horrible for 3 quarters, and were down 18 points in the 4th. All of a sudden Elkhorn's guards got torn all to pieces against the press and Virgie came back to beat them by one. I was shocked.
yes that comeback was a miracle one.
i cant belive it for myself but it was right virgie did play horrible the first 3 quarters and they turned there defense up and never gave up. i think if virgie plays like they did the last 3 minutes of that game they might surprise a few in the county tournament!
going to be exciting
So anybody got any updates on this?
warriorpride Wrote:So anybody got any updates on this?

The first round of the tournament will be played on Tuesday (2/6/07). Feds Creek and Kimper play, Phelps plays Millard, and Mullins plays EC. The second round will be played on Thursday and Friday, with the semis on Saturday and the championship on Monday.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The first round of the tournament will be played on Tuesday (2/6/07). Feds Creek and Kimper play, Phelps plays Millard, and Mullins plays EC. The second round will be played on Thursday and Friday, with the semis on Saturday and the championship on Monday.

Thanks DortonWildcat5 this should be a good turny!
I see it playing out like this-

Belfry vs. Feds Creek

Virgie vs. Millard

Pikeville vs. Elkhorn

Dorton vs. Johns Creek

Anybody's game after that.
NEXT Wrote:I see it playing out like this-

Belfry vs. Feds Creek

Virgie vs. Millard

Pikeville vs. Elkhorn

Dorton vs. Johns Creek

Anybody's game after that.

Ok than

Belfry vs. Virgie

Pikeville vs. Dorton
You are probably right there warrior.

In tonight's first round games, Feds Creek beat Kimper, Millard beat Phelps, and EC was beating Mullins pretty easily at halftime.

Tomorrow's second round matchups are:

Belfry vs Feds Creek @ 12:00

Virgie vs Millard @ 1:30

Pikeville vs EC/Mullins winner @ 3:00

Dorton vs Johns Creek @ 4:30
Good Luck Belfry!!!
good luck belfry but who one the kimper and feds creek game
Feds Creek
I hope virgie does pretty good this year! they have some really good athletes and they are actually getting to play since all the boys that got held back 10 years are gone! and i think they have had a good season thinking of that! but i wish all teams the best!
i think dorton beat johns creek! from what i hear by alot!
Belfry beat Feds Creek by a lot, Virgie beat Millard (I think it was 52-40), Pikeville beat Elkhorn pretty easily, and Dorton beat Johns Creek 59-29.

The semis are set for Monday night with Virgie playing Belfry at 6:00 and Dorton playing Pikeville at 7:30.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Belfry beat Feds Creek by a lot, Virgie beat Millard (I think it was 52-40), Pikeville beat Elkhorn pretty easily, and Dorton beat Johns Creek 59-29.

The semis are set for Monday night with Virgie playing Belfry at 6:00 and Dorton playing Pikeville at 7:30.

Sad to hear about my Vikings losing, but congrats to all the teams on wining!
In the semifinals tonight, Belfry beat Virgie and Pikeville beat Dorton. Neither game was close.

Virgie and Dorton play in the consolation game tomorrow at 6:00 and Belfry and Pikeville play in the championship at 7:30. Good luck to both teams.
Good luck too all teams.
Congrats to Dorton over the win against Virgie last night. I just found out this morning. Now I wish I would have went. Congrats to Logan Lucas on makin' All-Tourny team. Good job, cuz!!!