Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Shake Ip
Been gone a few months to return to many rumors. Looks like Burns will remain Head Coach at South. Looks like the pay is his number one concern not the girls or program. Heard Clay was getting new assistant coach along with Dixon from South. Powenski could be on her way out from south as well heading to North. From North you could have Riley going to Corbin. Lawson from south is also rumored to be going to Williamsburg. This could give Clay a slight edge with South dropping tremendously while improving Corbin and Williamsburg. North would still be the favorite I think.
It's a long time til Spring! We will see when it all "shakes out". There could be some movement.
I know for sure Leslie Dixon is staying at south Laurel. Confusedinglepar
Highly doubtful you would have a transfer from North to South or South to North, at least of a top-caliber player, because here in the county if you do that you have to sit out a full year from the time you transfer. Not too many want to do that. And don't usually like to play the rumor game, but I have a source that has never led me wrong tell me that Lawson has actually enrolled at Corbin. If so, that will greatly improve them and weaken South, but I still think after the dust settles its gonna be Clay and North again in the region finals next year.
Softball Queen Wrote:Been gone a few months to return to many rumors. Looks like Burns will remain Head Coach at South. Looks like the pay is his number one concern not the girls or program. Heard Clay was getting new assistant coach along with Dixon from South. Powenski could be on her way out from south as well heading to North. From North you could have Riley going to Corbin. Lawson from south is also rumored to be going to Williamsburg. This could give Clay a slight edge with South dropping tremendously while improving Corbin and Williamsburg. North would still be the favorite I think.

I guess the rumors of internal problems at south may be true.
I had heard wburg was going to get a girl from South, a pitcher I thought. Could have made then really good over the next two years. They lost nobody to graduation and if they got a second pitcher with the tye girl, they had a shot at taking over south. I wouldn't pick corbin over wburg right now especially if they got the other pitcher.
corbin got lawson
I sure hope South dont let it get run in the ground before they make a move for the future.
I don't know why anybody would choose corbin over wburg right now if your strictly looking at softball. Wburg has the better team, lost nobody to graduation, and has a much better coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't know why anybody would choose corbin over wburg right now if your strictly looking at softball. Wburg has the better team, lost nobody to graduation, and has a much better coach.

Corbin beat williamsburg 2 out of 3 times last year, yellowjackets did win the 1 that mattered though. Corbin lost 2 very close games to south laurel and williamsburg was blown out both times against sl. Corbin didnt lose much to graduation either and then add in maybe the best player in the region, so i'm not sure why you would think that williamsburg is going to be so much better.
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin beat williamsburg 2 out of 3 times last year, yellowjackets did win the 1 that mattered though. Corbin lost 2 very close games to south laurel and williamsburg was blown out both times against sl. Corbin didnt lose much to graduation either and then add in maybe the best player in the region, so i'm not sure why you would think that williamsburg is going to be so much better.

I watch a lot of softball. I can just see the difference in what the two will have next year. Pitching wise, Corbin must have guaranteed that South girl a starting spot because im not sure who else theyd go with anyways.
You are right in that Wburg dropped the first two to Wburg, but I seen one of those and then the dominance in the district.
I know several parents of the Wburg team and people around it, and they even had two starters out this year due to injury. If they stay healthy, they'll compete with South this year while IMO Corbin drops off, unless the girl from South gives them a major boost. Had that girl from South went to Wburg and given them an extra pitcher, I would pick Wburg over South, or to at least split the regular season for sure.
They also will only graduate 2 or 3 this coming year and two of those were the ones that was injured. My point wasn't so much a stab at Corbin as it was confusion as to how good Wburg could have been with a second solid pitcher.
It will definitely be a fun year.
I quess all the rumors about South were not true. I really thought more than one player would move. As far as Williamsburg vs Corbin, I would pick Corbin any day. Williamsburg has improved tremendously but Corbin had two solid pitchers and more talent than Williamsburg. If they played that district game again I would almost guarantee Corbin comes out victorious with or without the Lawson girl.
North, Clay, and Harlan County. South drops a notch if Lawson has left.
64SUR Wrote:I know for sure Leslie Dixon is staying at south Laurel. Confusedinglepar

We know. She has a featured cover story in the times tribune weekly.
I do expect Whitley to repeat as last placers again Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do expect Whitley to repeat as last placers again Confusednicker:

What has happened to whitley softball?
A coach named Todd Lawson. The softball team is getting worse every year. It is also a girls basketball school. No focus on softball.