Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this country still be worth fighting for if
Hillary Clinton OR a Trump replacement is elected President. One candidate would have demonstrated that she is above the law, and the other would be installed in the Presidency in opposition to the will of the people.

If I were 20 years old again, I'm sorry, but I could not fight for that!
Not only could I not fight for that, I would be a the same place as a our forefathers were when they were considering independence form England!
A civil war, two world wars, air raid drills and nuclear fallout shelters, civil unrest over a war in southeast Asia, and more, yet America still stands, and despite the protestations that "the sky is falling," this nation still establishes essential liberties and freedom to dissent on sites like this as good as any nation so conceived. Disagreeing with SCOTUS decisions is no reason to despair of America to this degree, in my view.
Pick6 Wrote:Hillary Clinton OR a Trump replacement is elected President. One candidate would have demonstrated that she is above the law, and the other would be installed in the Presidency in opposition to the will of the people.

A large majority of Republicans who voted in primaries and caucuses did not vote for Donald Trump. If, by some miracle of fate, the GOP delegates replace Trump with a strong candidate and a majority of the delegates, who themselves were elected to represent large numbers of other Republicans, unite behind another candidate, then how will the "will of the people" have been thwarted?

Trump was never the choice of the majority of Republicans, let alone of "the people," and any replacement would require a majority of delegates to agree on the selection.

I believe that Trump will almost certainly be the GOP nominee, but he is not exactly "the people's choice." He is the weakest GOP presidential candidate ever running against the weakest Democratic candidate ever.
Pick6 Wrote:Not only could I not fight for that, I would be a the same place as a our forefathers were when they were considering independence form England!
If either Hillary or Trump are elected, you will be less free in 2020 than you are today. Both advocate weakening our constitutional rights to further their own political agendas.
I agree 100%. This country is getting worse every year!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:A large majority of Republicans who voted in primaries and caucuses did not vote for Donald Trump. If, by some miracle of fate, the GOP delegates replace Trump with a strong candidate and a majority of the delegates, who themselves were elected to represent large numbers of other Republicans, unite behind another candidate, then how will the "will of the people" have been thwarted?

Trump was never the choice of the majority of Republicans, let alone of "the people," and any replacement would require a majority of delegates to agree on the selection.

I believe that Trump will almost certainly be the GOP nominee, but he is not exactly "the people's choice." He is the weakest GOP presidential candidate ever running against the weakest Democratic candidate ever.

Finally you show your horns. All the negativity on your part has been to assist #NeverTrump's efforts to foment at least the appearance of insurrection sufficient enough against the presumptive Republican nominee, so as to force what you arrogantly believe is best for America. That being to see him deposed from his rightful position of presumptive nominee at the convention.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If either Hillary or Trump are elected, you will be less free in 2020 than you are today. Both advocate weakening our constitutional rights to further their own political agendas.
You know, I try to give your nonsense a benefit of a doubt, but for you to just spew stupid BS is ridiculous, you have no way of knowing what will happen in 2020. You are no different than a Hillary supporter, actually you are worse. Just come out of the closet and admit you are with her. We get it, you are still butthurt over Cruz getting spanked, you aren't changing anyone's mind on here with your nonsense post, all you are doing is showing what a joke you have become. Keep posting though it's really funny to see a grown man cry.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You know, I try to give your nonsense a benefit of a doubt, but for you to just spew stupid BS is ridiculous, you have no way of knowing what will happen in 2020. You are no different than a Hillary supporter, actually you are worse. Just come out of the closet and admit you are with her. We get it, you are still butthurt over Cruz getting spanked, you aren't changing anyone's mind on here with your nonsense post, all you are doing is showing what a joke you have become. Keep posting though it's really funny to see a grown man cry.
The immaturity of Trump supporters and inability to tolerate political opinions different from their own is the joke here. Grow up.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You know, I try to give your nonsense a benefit of a doubt, but for you to just spew stupid BS is ridiculous, you have no way of knowing what will happen in 2020. You are no different than a Hillary supporter, actually you are worse. Just come out of the closet and admit you are with her. We get it, you are still butthurt over Cruz getting spanked, you aren't changing anyone's mind on here with your nonsense post, all you are doing is showing what a joke you have become. Keep posting though it's really funny to see a grown man cry.

Come on man. I know you disagree with Hoot but you're 100 times better than that.
WideRight05 Wrote:Come on man. I know you disagree with Hoot but you're 100 times better than that.
No he isn't. A handful of Trump supporters have shown their true colors repeatedly in this forum. Everybody loses their temper occasionally and behaves like a jerk, but there is a clear pattern that has emerged in this forum. Every criticism of Trump is met with a personal attack by one or more Trump fans.

Are you as surprised as I am that the posters who have repeatedly resorted to personal attacks have not been Hillary Clinton supporters, but Trump supporters? I have seen the same pattern on Twitter and other forums. They are unable to make a positive case for voting for Trump, so they resort to personal attacks and harassment. They remind me of the roving UMWA pickets of the summer of 1976, which staged illegal strikes all over the coal fields of eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia. At least the Trumpsters are not armed with clubs and guns. :lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No he isn't. A handful of Trump supporters have shown their true colors repeatedly in this forum. Everybody loses their temper occasionally and behaves like a jerk, but there is a clear pattern that has emerged in this forum. Every criticism of Trump is met with a personal attack by one or more Trump fans.

Are you as surprised as I am that the posters who have repeatedly resorted to personal attacks have not been Hillary Clinton supporters, but Trump supporters? I have seen the same pattern on Twitter and other forums. They are unable to make a positive case for voting for Trump, so they resort to personal attacks and harassment. They remind me of the roving UMWA pickets of the summer of 1976, which staged illegal strikes all over the coal fields of eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia. At least the Trumpsters are not armed with clubs and guns. :lmao:
This coming from a grown man that spends every second on here of the day, whining and crying. Who, keeps saying things that he can't prove, such as saying what it will be like in 2020. You just keep on telling everyone what the future holds since you know best, and we will keep laughing at What you have become. Maybe you could tell us some sports scores this season since you can predict the future so well. Now, go vote for your hero Hillary, we all know you are with her :biglmao:
Demarcus ware Wrote:This coming from a grown man that spends every second on here of the day, whining and crying. Who, keeps saying things that he can't prove, such as saying what it will be like in 2020. You just keep on telling everyone what the future holds since you know best, and we will keep laughing at What you have become. Maybe you could tell us some sports scores this season since you can predict the future so well. Now, go vote for your hero Hillary, we all know you are with her :biglmao:
So far, I am doing pretty well with my political predictions. I have consistently said that Trump would be a very bad general campaign candidate and he proves me right every day. So keep laughing. Laugh when Hillary Clinton beats Trump in November because so many people were stupid enough to vote for him in primary elections. I wonder how many of the Democrats who voted for him in GOP open primaries will be laughing at you in November. :biglmao:

I chose not to help Democrats select the Republican nominee and I will not be voting for either of the liberal Democrats who will be on the ballot in November. So, go ahead and cast a meaningless vote for Trump in November. You deserve each other.
Pick6 Wrote:Hillary Clinton OR a Trump replacement is elected President. One candidate would have demonstrated that she is above the law, and the other would be installed in the Presidency in opposition to the will of the people.

I understand your point.

I don't think there has ever been another time in history in which America is so divided. Political viewpoints, racial, religious, gun control etc etc The division is sharp and growing every day.

I blame Obama for a huge part of this. IMO, he has done nothing to help in the healing of America.

Something else that's interesting. The people who long for "acceptance" of their particular position are also the ones who are less tolerant of anyone who sees differently.

If you want acceptance and understanding; you gotta give it, too.