Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of a Division 1 Factory in Eastern Kentucky
Does your little tyke have what it takes to play on Saturdays? Division 1 Football dreams but need a program that promises to get him there? Does he want immediate playing time? Does this sound like something up your alley? Then make sure that he participates in an event in front of a member of the Paintsville coaching staff. Should he catch their eye then not only will they give you this spill that they can make it happen after winning 1 outright district title in 21 years and one regional title in 14 years but they will give you a nifty card with all their contact information to follow-up. Sound great but live out of the district and don’t want to move? No problem, they will give you free tuition as long as you “promise to volunteer” in some capacity. Wink wink.

This card was given to a player and his family from a school not named Paintsville but attends one in close proximity who also happens to have friends and family in our area. Paintsville is working on getting him to transfer with hopes of making an even bigger score by having another young man, let’s call him his best friend, come along for the ride. A real professional business card that is very similar to what college coaches pass out to prospects from a team whose Head Coach happens to own a printing company. Is he innocent and he didn’t know that this was being distributed for the wrong reasons or were these made with the intent to increase their footprint to bring in players secretly from the surrounding area? Why would a football business card include a personal private phone number, personal private email, personal twitter, team twitter, personal instagram and personal facebook contact information if they weren’t trying to skirt past KHSAA communication rules? Sounds like they may have given it to the wrong person this time and the family may very well talk if Commissioner Tackett finally decides not to turn his head on this issue.
HUH, Interesting I thought only Saint X, Trinity, Cal, Lex Cath and other private school only does that LOL. Apparently other programs as well. Like we really didn't know that DUH
Paintsvlle gets a few transfers every year so it must be working
Wow!!!! I have heard stories about this happening but if this truly is happening around here someone could be in trouble.
For the story can be proven then this is a major infraction

Unfortunately though all I see is a business card. Nothing wrong with what is in the image.

Now if there are emails, voicemails, text messages backing up the story then that is a whole new ballgame.
It sounds like every team needs a recruiter with these cards then. Haha. I wonder if LC has a person in charge of things like this.
interesting
Very interesting ........
This could be the reason the public school in that area is losing so many players.
interesting
Why would you black it out?
Rules on the site
Fairview all over again, lol
Where?
Thrillex Wrote:Where?
BGR rules are here:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...styleid=21
If it's Rule #2, you can interpret that rule many ways. I mean by keeping the positions not blacked out is every bit as revealing as blacking out the name. But your'e not technically outing anyone if the name isn't blacked out because their not outing a member of the forum.
kids move from school to school like my wife goes shopping anymore!! Doesn't appear to have an effect on KHSAA and Tackett. Seems like kids can move from 1 year to the next anymore. "Play on a team that wins the Region this year, but next year, the county school has a chance to play for a state championship, so the kid moves over there that coming year, for example?" I agree on transferring to some degree and then I disapprove too. Every situation is somewhat different, but to move cause you want to play every year on a winning team, whether it be your home team or not, then I don't agree..... it that makes any sense????????????
I disagree IF a school is making promises of Division 1 scholarships, letting some county students in for free and others have to pay, and putting down the county school to affect the students willingness to continue to go to the school.
Is the Independent doing all of this?? I don't know but if they are I would think rules have been broken.
Now, if a student wants to go to the school without being influenced then I do not see a problem with it.
Some people are just better at the "gray area" then others
Only if the parents of the child who is being recruited have the guts to step up and make a statement to the KHSAA, will anything be taken seriously. And that is only if the KHSAA can find a ladder to climb down off their high horse and actually conduct an investigation, which I highly doubt. I hope that the right things are done here, but history is not in our favor!
It even happens in Ashland too. Even at the middle school level. Look folks they have a job, and a person will do whatever they have to to protect that job with success. It's a business card..... that's all. I'm from West Virginia anyway I could care less, however just felt like jumping in. If they called, email, texted or offered anything other than the black and white facts then what's the big deal? Everyone does it.
checkmate9113 Wrote:It even happens in Ashland too. Even at the middle school level. Look folks they have a job, and a person will do whatever they have to to protect that job with success. It's a business card..... that's all. I'm from West Virginia anyway I could care less, however just felt like jumping in. If they called, email, texted or offered anything other than the black and white facts then what's the big deal? Everyone does it.

100% wrong everybody does not do it
Like to hear from the Paintsville people on this. It seems they are not going to touch this with a ten foot pole.
Ballbuster Wrote:Like to hear from the Paintsville people on this. It seems they are not going to touch this with a ten foot pole.

I'm not afraid to address this at all , it's really all hearsay at this point and that's all that can be said about it really. A few disgruntled JC fans over the loss of a couple kids is what I can see here. If anyone is dumb enough to believe Paintsville coaches are promising D1 scholarships it's on them because it just doesn't happen kids go D1 on a promise. My take on this and that's about all I can see here on it. Hope it helps
Lmbo, wow. Just how low are some of you going to go. The cards are given to college coaches and recruiters, and Paintsville players parents (except this one). I know who's card this is and I know who he gave it to, and it's not anything like what Bellefonte is trying to imply.
Then why did he give the kid his card? To going fishing sometime?
Yeah Ballbuster, didn't you know that's a fishing card. They didn't mean anything by it, it is just a Paintsville Business card given to a JC player. I am sure they also didn't tell one student he could go tuition free if they got another student to come as well. Paintsville don't do stuff like that.
If you believe all that then you also believe Paintsville doesn't need JC students to stay open.
The card wasn't given to the player, it was given to the parent who approached the coach, despite what you two geniuses have heard. Yall wanna keep this garbage up, we'll start talking about some Paintsville kids that Matney has been trying to get for years. One in particular who couldn't even play outside with his buddies with Jim driving by and stopping to "talk" to him about playing at JC
Redneck Wrote:The card wasn't given to the player, it was given to the parent who approached the coach, despite what you two geniuses have heard. Yall wanna keep this garbage up, we'll start talking about some Paintsville kids that Matney has been trying to get for years. One in particular who couldn't even play outside with his buddies with Jim driving by and stopping to "talk" to him about playing at JC

That kid lives out of the city limits as well.
You sure are on the defense old buddy. Whatever makes you sleep better. It's hard for the parents to ask for the card since they were not there. You have no clue what you are talking about, smart one..
This is really funny! The school across the creek is quick to make accusations but have no problem offering parents paid coaching jobs to transfer their children to that school. But they love to play the victim of "recruiting schemes" when kids leave their school!