Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Paintsvilles new head coach
confirmed by local media that Coach Crace named baseball coach at this weeks board meeting. Also named assistants Daniel Pugh & Todd Ward
doubledown Wrote:confirmed by local media that Coach Crace named baseball coach at this weeks board meeting. Also named assistants Daniel Pugh & Todd Ward

Congrats to Crace, who is Ward ?
doubledown Wrote:confirmed by local media that Coach Crace named baseball coach at this weeks board meeting. Also named assistants Daniel Pugh & Todd Ward

Crace should have been hired 6 years ago
TigerBlues Wrote:Congrats to Crace, who is Ward ?
no idea who Ward is just quoting local paper? Do know Pugh had a good career at Morehead
State so he should bring alot of knowledge to program.
TigerBlues Wrote:Crace should have been hired 6 years ago
Lol. You boys jus took a step back with that hire.
I'd say a lateral hire at best. Not an improvement and that's a shame for the kids. I heard there wasn't much interest in the job. Heard Crace was pretty much the only legitimate applicant and that they actually reached out to some other people before falling back on giving him the job. Not a big vote of confidence from the administration. But, he won't care about that junk. He is a very confident young coach. He will have his trouble with the handful of crybaby parents that have been getting in the coach's way there for the past few years.
Walt is a good coach and he will not put up with the cry babies
Congrats to Coach Crace!

My son LOVED playing for him! He was always straight forward with him. May not have been what he wanted to hear...lol. But then Coach was always first to help him correct what the problem was. After my son went to college. Coach always checked up on him and worked with him or gave him advice till the day he graduated.
He cares about the kids and the success of the TEAM! Oh Yeah....and CLEAN spikes...lol.

Good hire IMO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't know much about him, but if he can teach pitching and defense in the 15th region then he'll be able to compete.
baseball1974 Wrote:I don't know much about him, but if he can teach pitching and defense in the 15th region then he'll be able to compete.

He will no doubt TongueirateSho
Where is Big Tucker Howard at?
Checking on the Tigers, what's the expectations this year ?
Is Kent Phelps playing his senior year? Ben Daniels and Seth Williams gives them two good players. They are 2nd in the 57th behind of JC for me. I'd probably put them from 2-6 in the region depending if Kent plays
Mister D Wrote:Is Kent Phelps playing his senior year? Ben Daniels and Seth Williams gives them two good players. They are 2nd in the 57th behind of JC for me. I'd probably put them from 2-6 in the region depending if Kent plays

I realize anything can happen in baseball, but there is just too much distance between JC and the rest of the region Lawrence will compete like they always do and I expect a couple more to play well this season, but let's face the facts, they are all playing for 2nd place. They might as well just go ahead and concede the region and let JC get in some good scrimmages before they go to Lexington. It's the first time in a long time somebodyfrom Eastern Kentucky has a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I know about LC in 08' but I think they shocked everyone with that run they had. Nobody outside of their dugout thought they would beat Lexington Catholic and then turn around an take PRP down to the wire in the championship, and if I'm not mistaken they had to do it in back-to-back games the same day. The difference is nobody expected that and I think everyone knows that JC has a shot and a good one at that. Everything always comes down to the draw.
I think talent wise and the experience they have from last years state tournament puts JC solidly as #1 in the region. The only thing that I can see tripping them up is if some key pieces get by the injury bug and are out for an extended period of time. With that being said there are some other talented teams in the region that are not going to just lay down the season and like you said anything can happen when they actually play the games. Considering this is a Paintsville thread what is your outlook for the Tigers specifically this upcoming season 1974?
Mister D Wrote:I think talent wise and the experience they have from last years state tournament puts JC solidly as #1 in the region. The only thing that I can see tripping them up is if some key pieces get by the injury bug and are out for an extended period of time. With that being said there are some other talented teams in the region that are not going to just lay down the season and like you said anything can happen when they actually play the games. Considering this is a Paintsville thread what is your outlook for the Tigers specifically this upcoming season 1974?

Paintsville will probably be a lot better just because of their youth and the energy from getting a new coach. However, other teams are getting better too and Paintsville had a losing record against 15th region teams last year. JC probably has the two best teams in the district. Split their top 18 up and those two teams will be still be better than anybody in the district and probably the region. Paintsville will probably be a top 5 team in the region but the gap is so huge that I don't think it matters. I wish I knew more about what Paintsville had coming up so I could give you a better answer but when you are talking about a team from eastern ky possibly winning a state title then usually everybody else is so far behind that it is discouraging. I think Paintsville needs to be looking to 2019/2020.