Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Framers and Assault Rifles
The point some of us are trying to make is this TUS...almost any firearm can be easily modified into a (as you call it) "military style mass kill weapon". If we willingly stand by while congress bans .223 semi automatic rifles, more will be added to the list, surely you will agree, right? Surely you don't believe they will stop there? As far as the no fly list goes, when that list fails to stop a future attack congress will eagerly be looking to come up with another list, and another and another. There's been countless bills introduced to grab guns or make guns harder for law abiding citizens to obtain. Any ban or list does not deter terrorists in any way form or fashion, does it?

I welcome any explanation as to how banning the sale of semi automatic rifles or rifles that can be modified to look mean, will stop an islamist terrorist that's on a no-fly list (or not) from doing his deed? At most, it delays his quest a few hours.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I don't think Eugene Stoner's family would agree with you, giggle happy or not.
I'm not talking to any of Eugene Stoners family now am I. They would know what we are trying to say. I'm talking to someone that can't distinguish the difference between guns. Because if he could he would have a better understanding.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I'm not talking to any of Eugene Stoners family now am I. They would know what we are trying to say. I'm talking to someone that can't distinguish the difference between guns. Because if he could he would have a better understanding.

I realize the NRA go-to progammatic pamphlet manual when I see it. And, no, I am talking about weapons designed for military use, like the one the Orlando shooter bought. And that is all I am talking about. And only those on terror watch and "no fly" lists, which should be subject to due process.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I realize the NRA go-to progammatic pamphlet manual when I see it. And, no, I am talking about weapons designed for military use, like the one the Orlando shooter bought. And that is all I am talking about. And only those on terror watch and "no fly" lists, which should be subject to due process.
That's what I've been trying to get you to understand. The only difference between that gun and a hunting rifle is the shape of it. That's it. The shape makes no difference in what happened. If that gun was designed for the military it would have a full auto switch, which it didn't. It's made to look like a military rifle but is no different than a hunting rifle. Serious question, how do you ban a gun just because it looks a certain part, yet leave another gun which fires the exact same way, same caliber ammo, but has a wooden stock?
⬆⬆ That issue would have to be left to others to decide. I am talking about the limited, narrow step of the very weapon used by the Orlando shooter not being legal for terror watch and "no fly" list folks to buy. I realize the "bells and whistles" gadgetry of modifying weapons, but on this thread I am simply talking about that one weapon.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ That issue would have to be left to others to decide. I am talking about the limited, narrow step of the very weapon used by the Orlando shooter not being legal for terror watch and "no fly" list folks to buy. I realize the "bells and whistles" gadgetry of modifying weapons, but on this thread I am simply talking about that one weapon.

Respectfully...That makes no sense at all. If it makes you feel better, just imagine that "one weapon" no longer exists, same-same.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Respectfully...That makes no sense at all. If it makes you feel better, just imagine that "one weapon" no longer exists, same-same.

Eugene Stoner designed the AR-15 for military use. Why is it foolish to suggest a person on the terror watch list and/or "no fly" list shouldn't be able to walk into Bullseye Gun Shop and buy one? What I hear you folks saying is that it won't matter, and that it's just a way for "liberals" to begin a process by which more and more types of guns are banned. Is that accurate?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ Let's see, from advocating the ban of military style, "mass kill" weapons for purchase by those on terror watch or "no fly" list to an apologist for Qbut-style hatred of United States and an apologist for the anti-christ. Are you serious?

Supposedly you like it 'real' according to what you said to RCM, or at least when you get served you like to act like you're smarter than those who have just made you look ridiculous.

Anybody who likes to toss Scripture around the way you do, but who cannot connect the dots between globalization and the reign of anti-Christ is no intellectual giant.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Eugene Stoner designed the AR-15 for military use. Why is it foolish to suggest a person on the terror watch list and/or "no fly" list shouldn't be able to walk into Bullseye Gun Shop and buy one? What I hear you folks saying is that it won't matter, and that it's just a way for "liberals" to begin a process by which more and more types of guns are banned. Is that accurate?

It's dodgeball time again^^. A 22 caliber squirrel rifle would have been capable of firing 17 shots in semi auto style likely causing about the same carnage if used in the same place and time of the Orlando shooter. Many 12 year old boys get them for Christmas presents, what would you say, ban them too? The fault and the blame lies with the intent of the murderer, not the style of gun. Military weapons or guns such as the M-16 can be fired on full auto, and there is a huge difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Eugene Stoner designed the AR-15 for military use. Why is it foolish to suggest a person on the terror watch list and/or "no fly" list shouldn't be able to walk into Bullseye Gun Shop and buy one? What I hear you folks saying is that it won't matter, and that it's just a way for "liberals" to begin a process by which more and more types of guns are banned. Is that accurate?

Close. Us folks that are familiar with rifles fully understand there's no difference in the killing power of the AR-15 and many more docile looking rifles and shotguns that flood the market and streets. It's really hard for us to believe that many wanting to ban said rifles do not also understand...its crystal clear to me, so why do they insist on misrepresenting? It is enough to make a perfectly sound individual skeptical and wonder just what their angle is. IMO stopping jihadists cannot be their angle, it simply makes no sense. There must be an ulterior motive.

I fully understand that lots of people are not familiar with rifles and can't wrap their head around all this. I cannot understand why, that after millions of gun owners try their best to explain, they refuse to listen. It's like they trust members of the democrat congress more than the millions of law abiding gun owners that blanket the entire country.

We cannot deal with this problem by making lists and changing the appearance of rifles because neither are the root...it's much deeper and we better get to digging.
If you think about it, if they would just do away with gun free zones, that would help. Most mass shootings take place in these types of places. Another pattern is why are democrats so angry? Since most mass killings are committed by democrats I can't help but wonder why so much anger? Confusednicker:

[Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...fb3131.jpg]
Granny Bear Wrote:The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.."

It appears to me that the right of the people to keep and bear arms is separated from a "well regulated militia".

As far as our Constitution being a delicate balancing act between rights and freedom and society and the government....that ship has sailed IMO.

We are no longer concerned with that balancing act or rights and freedoms. We have traded our common sense for political correctness.

As long as all the minorities aren't offended and the middle class continues to break their backs in order to support free cell phones, free healthcare and free STUFF to the parasites of society, we will have maintained the status quo that we have learned to accept by doing nothing.

A well regulated militia means that states can have their own mini armies to keep the ever intrusive federal government at bay if need be.
I couldn't agree more. MY point was that it was a separate issue from and individual's right to have guns.
Granny Bear Wrote:I couldn't agree more. MY point was that it was a separate issue from and individual's right to have guns.

It absolutely is a seperate right. The 2nd amendment doesn't say guns we pansies approve of.
Fear the Nation Wrote:A well regulated militia means that states can have their own mini armies to keep the ever intrusive federal government at bay if need be.

There are those on here who think that ' well regulated' means government control via regulations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]