Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 1A
bac2369 Wrote:I think there district is wide open again. If Stapleton stays I think Harlan is the favorite to win there district.

He left in March.
Brock, Parks, Adkins and Ledford are still there. They have several options.
HCS Wrote:He left in March.
Brock, Parks, Adkins and Ledford are still there. They have several options.

That's good. Class A teams can't hardly afford to lose any players.
bac2369 Wrote:How' is life in Raceland,Fairview,Pikeville, Paintsville going?
Head down and working hard over here in Pikeville.
1A
1. Hazard
2. Pikeville
3. Beachwood
4. Russellville
5. Paintsville
6. Pineville
7. Harlan Independent
8. Raceland
9. Campbellville
10. Paris
Who's a team that can sneak into the top 10?
1) Pikeville
2) Russellville
3) Beechwood
4) Paintsville
5) Raceland
6) Hazard
7) Fairview
8) Holy Cross
9) Paris
10) Williamsburg
bac2369 Wrote:Who's a team that can sneak into the top 10?
Nicholas co
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nicholas co

I think they well deserving of being in the top 7. I think they are a team that can give Paintsville and Raceland all they want and more....
bac2369 Wrote:I think they well deserving of being in the top 7. I think they are a team that can give Paintsville and Raceland all they want and more....

Please provide the details ....
Nicholas loses 7 from 2015.

They return 3,209 yards of total offense and 43 touchdowns. They also return a team with 10 INTS and 10 Fumble recoveries.
They will need to find a new QB but they are going to be a running team so just enough to keep defenses guessing.

Offense returns its top 3 rushers but does lose its top receiver but return the next four who have stats...

Defense will return its top 7 tacklers but loses kids with tackles of 29,25,21,12,9,and 2. The top 7 combine for 343 tackles so I solid defense return not counting everyone else..
1. Pikeville
2. Russellville
3. Raceland
4. Paintsville
5. Beechwood
6. Hazard
7. Williamsburg
8. Fairview
9. Nicholas County
10. IDK, a bunch of teams, lol
bac2369 Wrote:I think they well deserving of being in the top 7. I think they are a team that can give Paintsville and Raceland all they want and more....

Deserving of the 7 Ranking. But just cant see them being within 2 TDs of the Rams or Tigers.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Deserving of the 7 Ranking. But just cant see them being within 2 TDs of the Rams or Tigers.

They were 1 point losers to Fairview who beat Raceland last year. They haven't realy lost nothing from last years team and both Raceland and Paintsville lost some good players so I think it evens out but I still see challenging both and shouldn't be over looked.
You can just about throw wins and losses vs "like" opponents out the window any more. Especially going across season to season. Match ups are too hit and miss. I get what you are saying and Nicholas Co may very well suprise me, but in the east, its going to be Pikeville at top dog, then Raceland/Paintsville/Hazard, in whichever order you want. I dont think we ever saw how good Hazard could be last year due to injuries. Then, you saw the difference in the two games between Raceland and Paintsville after Raceland got healthy. Then you saw what Paintsville looked like with an injuried Kash.

Injuries play such an enormous role in small school football. Most single A teams play 15-20 kids 80% of the snaps. If you have one or two kids go down, your hurting. I hope everyone across the board stays healthy this year and we can see what I feel is going to be one hell of a football season.

I kind of have a feeling this is the year we finally see the Raceland/Hazard game that so many on both sides have been wanting.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:You can just about throw wins and losses vs "like" opponents out the window any more. Especially going across season to season. Match ups are too hit and miss. I get what you are saying and Nicholas Co may very well suprise me, but in the east, its going to be Pikeville at top dog, then Raceland/Paintsville/Hazard, in whichever order you want. I dont think we ever saw how good Hazard could be last year due to injuries. Then, you saw the difference in the two games between Raceland and Paintsville after Raceland got healthy. Then you saw what Paintsville looked like with an injuried Kash.

Injuries play such an enormous role in small school football. Most single A teams play 15-20 kids 80% of the snaps. If you have one or two kids go down, your hurting. I hope everyone across the board stays healthy this year and we can see what I feel is going to be one hell of a football season.

I kind of have a feeling this is the year we finally see the Raceland/Hazard game that so many on both sides have been wanting.

I don't think I've seen a high school team hit with injuries like Hazard year... If healthy they have a shot to be as good as some of teams from 2007-2012. But they will have to be physical like those teams were.. I agree it's Pikeville then those 3. Nicholas is behind those 3 but I just have a feeling they will be a dangerous team...

Raceland played to there potential after the Paintsville game and that's the team I wanted to see last year. I had them at number 2 preseason last year but they let me down but a man must consider the talent that was lost the year before..That is why you can't base future results on the previous year..

Kash made Paintsville go last year but now we get to see how a year and new adjustments will be for them..

I hope to see that Raceland and Hazard next year as it will be in Hazard if they make it...
bac2369 Wrote:Nicholas loses 7 from 2015.

They return 3,209 yards of total offense and 43 touchdowns. They also return a team with 10 INTS and 10 Fumble recoveries.
They will need to find a new QB but they are going to be a running team so just enough to keep defenses guessing.

Offense returns its top 3 rushers but does lose its top receiver but return the next four who have stats...

Defense will return its top 7 tacklers but loses kids with tackles of 29,25,21,12,9,and 2. The top 7 combine for 343 tackles so I solid defense return not counting everyone else..

I am anxious to see Fleming County scrimmage them in the Grid. Sounds like they should be a good gauge for what type of team Fleming County might have.
Ive heard some good things about the Fleming Co atheletes from a few people down that way. They share several common opponents with the teams on Racelands schedule. Again, its hard to gauge much based on common opponents, but it does give you an idea from a competitive stand point.
Each team will match up differently so you never know but you can get a little of the gist of the matter on it.
Anyone know how Frankfort is doing? Hear they got some transfers a while back and will help tremendously this up coming season....
I look for Beechwood to make a strong playoff run this year.
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone know how Frankfort is doing? Hear they got some transfers a while back and will help tremendously this up coming season....

I wonder the same. Has the tide turned in Frankfort or can the bounce back.

I know they play few teams on this preseason poll early

Paris
Paintsville
Williamsburg
1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Hazard
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Frankfort
7. Williamsburg
8. Holy Cross (Louisville)
9. Harlan
10. Pineville
You heard it here first, although Bishop Brossart lost some key players they have reloaded and will be a top 5 team by midseason. This team has some size and are quick. They are very eager to build on last years success, so look for some spirited play.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:You heard it here first, although Bishop Brossart lost some key players they have reloaded and will be a top 5 team by midseason. This team has some size and are quick. They are very eager to build on last years success, so look for some spirited play.

Top 5? That is a very bold statement.. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they can't be, I'm just saying they are going to be several very good teams... I think they are in the district with Paris, Nicholas and Berea right?
Brossart is another team that will have a good record due to a ridiculously easy schedule and lose to the first team they face in the playoffs that can play a lick.
wildcats fan Wrote:1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Hazard
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Frankfort
7. Williamsburg
8. Holy Cross (Louisville)
9. Harlan
10. Pineville

I would think Russellville should be in your top ten for sure.
bac2369 Wrote:Top 5? That is a very bold statement.. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they can't be, I'm just saying they are going to be several very good teams... I think they are in the district with Paris, Nicholas and Berea right?

Yes, you are correct about the district. My prediction is one of optimism for a team who is working hard. Good luck to everyone else.
Does Brossart have any new faces out? I know they lost the farm with that graduating class last year, tons of quality kids have to be replaced. They will always have good kids that work hard there though!
Glacier Wrote:Does Brossart have any new faces out? I know they lost the farm with that graduating class last year, tons of quality kids have to be replaced. They will always have good kids that work hard there though!

I heard there were 3 kids from the soccer team now playing football. I don't know how if the will contribute right away, but I think it's safe to say they added some speed. I also heard there 7 on 7 at Campbell Co. was not bad. I seems they are building on last years success especially when you see kids from other sports joining the team. Keller appears to be the Qb. I don't know much about him. He's in a spot were only one kid got the most playing time , so only time will tell if he advances his play
Depth can go along way for class A teams... I think they got another shot at a 2 seed and hosting a home playoff games..