Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Pairings
Does anybody know the 13th region softball pairings? Nothing on KHSAA website.
Not drawing until Sunday afternoon.
North Laurel vs. Middleboro 12 PM
Lynn Camp vs. Williamsburg 2 PM

South Laurel vs. Knox Central 4 PM
Harlan County vs. Clay County 6 PM

Region is at Knox
First round games are tomorrow.
2nd round is Tuesday at 6 and 8
Championship is wednesday at 6 30
Talk about a good draw for the first round.
Harlan and clay in the first round is prolly the toughest.
Middlesboro has beaten North once this year, so that one is huge too, winner basically guaranteed to be in finals.
North won 4 to 1
Wburg won 11 to 2
South won 10-0, Clay beat Harlan Co. 6-2 in 8 innings. Tuesday, North vs. Williamsburg at 6, followed by South-Clay.
Most likely a North/Clay rematch.
I think you're right. North looks like a lock for the finals. South obviously could win, but I think Clay has improved to the point that they will get over this hump and make their first region finals.
If Clay can get over the mental edge that North and South has over them they will be fine. I think Clay should beat South but if I were betting I'd have to play the odds and go with South.
Clay is much better than South and if they don't let there heads get to them, should beat South. Out of all that's left, Id love to see Wburg shock everybody and win, but they only have the one pitcher and she went 7 innings last night. Not to mention they'll be facing one of the best teams in the state, not just the region and a school with over a 1000 more kids than them.
Heres to hoping for a miracle.
In the first game north beat wburg 7 to 1.
I was surprised at how well wburg played with them. It was a 3 to 1 game goin into the 5th and North really only got the lead blew open by stealing bases on walks and throw backs. Really haven't seen anyone do that type of play this year.
It should be a great finals matchup between North and Clay. I really hope Clay gets over the hump and brings home their first regional title and 1st victory over North Laurel.
It won't be a fluke if Clay wins tonight, they are legit. I think Gregory will throw for North, she seems to have passed Vires, and I expect a 1-0, 2-1 type game that could go either way. In that type of game every single play is magnified, so I can't wait for what should be a great final.
Clay has shut out a ridiculous amount of teams this year.
It will definitely be a great game. Why didn't these two play twice during the regular season? I know they played once and then again in district.
They only use the first matchup for seeding in district, not sure who to blame for not playing a second time. But I can top that--North and South did not play each other this year. Not one time. Only scheduled once in the regular season, it was rained out, IN MARCH, and never made up. That's crazy to have two quality teams just a few mile apart and you don't even play during the season.
I hadn't thought about those two not playing.
It's ridiculous there not in the same district.
They had to do a lot kissing to get away from each other and it worked in every single sport. Even football which is ridicolous.
They can say geography all they want but it still doesnt matter. Both should be in the same district in every sports.
I wish they were both still in the 12th region. It's a better fit and closer for most of there travel times across the 13th.
As it played out, next years region should be a doozy