Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what pisses me off?
A long time ago, I decided I would just enjoy wrestling for what it was and not get caught up on the finishes and the booking. As long as I see some quality wrestling and I'm entertained, I'm happy.

Last night, after the shock of Rollins returning faded, I found myself pissed.

After teasing it 100 times in this feud and seemingly protecting the Styles Clash, Roman Reigns freaking kicks out of it and it's not even that close of a call.

I hate getting hung up on finishes and spots, but why tease it and save it if you aren't going to finish with it?

AJ had a hell of a match and really had the bulk of the offense, but it kills me that they wasted not just his finisher, but his super finisher to make Roman look strong.
zaga_fan Wrote:A long time ago, I decided I would just enjoy wrestling for what it was and not get caught up on the finishes and the booking. As long as I see some quality wrestling and I'm entertained, I'm happy.

Last night, after the shock of Rollins returning faded, I found myself pissed.

After teasing it 100 times in this feud and seemingly protecting the Styles Clash, Roman Reigns freaking kicks out of it and it's not even that close of a call.

I hate getting hung up on finishes and spots, but why tease it and save it if you aren't going to finish with it?

AJ had a hell of a match and really had the bulk of the offense, but it kills me that they wasted not just his finisher, but his super finisher to make Roman look strong.

A headlock would be 'Over' if only one person would use it as a finisher... and nobody survived.

You are right.... there are WAY TOO MANY false finishes for the biggest finishers. It kills the move and the character's 'Power'.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
They've wasted the Styles Clash twice. Jericho has kicked out after it was teased multiple times and Roman has kicked out after it was teased multiple times.

I know that he'll eventually finish some people off with it and this isn't the end of the world.

It's just what I want to rant about for the day.
What I hate is when a superstar like AJ hits his finisher on a guy not once, but twice plus his secondary move and the opposing superstar kicks out at 2 BUT the opposing star hits his finisher ONCE and gets the 3 count. It's stupid, really really stupid but last night's match was one of the books.
I have no issue with Roman winning. Roman didn't just hit AJ with one finisher, he only tried to cover him after one.

AJ took some huge bumps and he took Roman to the brink.

I just wish they wouldn't have wasted the Styles clash.
Well that's kinda what I mean. AJ hit his finisher twice and Roman kicked out of both and both were inside the ring. Roman hit his finisher once inside the ring and once outside the ring, where their was no pinfall outside the ring...When he hit his second finisher, the one that ended it, that was the only time he pinned him. I thought it was a complete waste to do that.
That's just a way of telling the story. AJ hit his finisher on the chair after the first kickout, but was pulled off of Roman and couldn't cover him promptly. I would have done that to begin with.

It's not like Roman just hit a spear and that's the only thing he did all night. I actually liked the finish of the match.