Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad Story From Williamsburg Independent Schools
WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. (WYMT) - The desire to become a mother, was one of Brittany Fleenor's dreams.

"A lot of people feel that maybe that's been taken away from her,” said Rob Powers, the Assistant Pastor at Brittany’s church.

On April 26th, that dream came true, when she, alongside her husband Cory, gave birth to twins, Jonah and Kennedy.

"Certainly on the human side, we don't always understand why things work out the way they do, and it does seem that her time was cut short,” said Powers.

Three days later, however, Brittany died, at age 29.

"We were all taken by surprise,” said the Principal at Williamsburg Independent, Amon Couch.

One place her absence was certainly felt Monday, was at Williamsburg Independent School, where Brittany was a member of the 13-year-club, meaning she was a student there from kindergarten through her senior year.

"I mean she bled orange, through and through; and so did her husband, and her whole family,” said Couch.

Not to mention, she later went on to teach at her grade school Alma mater.

"She gave it everything she had. She had a classroom of kindergartners who depended on her every day,” said Couch.

No doubt, her two children have a community of support, from her school, to her church.

"We are committed to being sure that we continue to invest in those two little ones,” said Couch.

"I know that her spirit will live on through these two children,” said Powers.

A life, they say was cut short.

"I don't like talking about her in past tense, because I feel like she's still with us,” said Couch.

Her legacy, however, continues.

Read the original version of this article at wkyt.com.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So sad. Prayers for her family!
I have known Brittany since she was 6 years old, having a tough time trying to figure this one out...Prayers to the family...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prayers for Brittany family!!
OldJacket Wrote:I have known Brittany since she was 6 years old, having a tough time trying to figure this one out...Prayers to the family...

sorry to hear this Sad
OldJacket Wrote:I have known Brittany since she was 6 years old, having a tough time trying to figure this one out...Prayers to the family...

Prayers for the girl's family and you too OldJacket.