Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vaudevillains
I love their gimmick.

Looking back on it, I'm kinda surprised something like this hasn't come along sooner. Aiden English & Simon Gotch.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I like it, but I have questions about it lasting in this day and time.
zaga_fan Wrote:I like it, but I have questions about it lasting in this day and time.

If their booked right, then they can have a good Run.
^ How do you book them to keep the gimmick going? I'm not sure I can see the fans looking at something "new" to them and stay into it.
Stardust Wrote:^ How do you book them to keep the gimmick going? I'm not sure I can see the fans looking at something "new" to them and stay into it.

This is where "jobbers" would be PERFECT!!!!!

The gimmick is old carnival wrestlers... or to us in the legit grappling world "Catch As Catch Can", "Catch Wrestling", the best CACC wrestlers were called 'Hookers'. 'Hookers' were brutal and had one mission.... to cripple people.

If "jobbers" were used properly... they would 'injure' somebody from every tag team they wrestled. By using a known, legit CACC move or hold for a finisher or after the match Win or Loose.

Imagine the 'Heat' this team would get if they 'injured' somebody on The New Day after a match or during a promo.

In pro wrestling you have to have Heels and Faces, but you need villains and hero's.
Stardust Wrote:^ How do you book them to keep the gimmick going? I'm not sure I can see the fans looking at something "new" to them and stay into it.

I think the heat they pick up from injuring Enzo will take them pretty far.

It's a crappy situation, but the promo Gotch cut about how "a real man would've gotten up" and how they made him "the realest guy in the emergency room" was really taking the ball and running with it. It was no-doubt scripted, but they got some good heat.

The ONLY way I see this going well, is they embrace more of the "manly men" part of the gimmick with their facial hair and promos than the actual "Vaudeville" stuff.

They can do it, but this is a throwback that could easily be thrown away if they don't do it right.
I love the team, but the gimmick has already basically died a slow death on the main roster.

Zero reaction with the audience.
From the sounds of the fan reactions (or no-reaction), they are quickly headed to the land of the Ascension! Forget the carny crap that today's fans know nothing about and go with the Man's Man direction